PDA

View Full Version : Seat depth measurement ( a standard method)

rdeady
01-22-2017, 09:38 AM
So many people always trying to figure out and or asking how far forward or back a Mustang or Ultimate sets you compared to stock. I am constantly trying to get a handle on that myself.Our seat on the f6b has no real clear/defining rear position as you are able to slide back several inches beyond the crease so to speak. Darkknight posted this simple way to measure for comparison purposes that could make it simple for everyone to see and understand. To me this should be a sticky as I'm sure anyone looking to purchase one of many seats would certainly benefit from these standardised measurements.

rdeady
01-22-2017, 09:47 AM
Since I sit beyond the crease by maybe 2 inches as my rear hangs way over in what I have found to be my most comfortable position. Although in this position my arms are to straight. Forgetting the arm thing I see with the picks and measurements that the ultimate mid rider would actually have me locked in about 2.5 inches closer then I usually like. Good info!

willtill
01-22-2017, 11:58 AM
So many people always trying to figure out and or asking how far forward or back a Mustang or Ultimate sets you compared to stock. I am constantly trying to get a handle on that myself.Our seat on the f6b has no real clear/defining rear position as you are able to slide back several inches beyond the crease so to speak. Darkknight posted this simple way to measure for comparison purposes that could make it simple for everyone to see and understand. To me this should be a sticky as I'm sure anyone looking to purchase one of many seats would certainly benefit from these standardised measurements.

That is a very good visual. :yes: We have tried in the past to post metrics about it (I even posted a side by side pic of the seats) but your pic is much more informational.

Now we just need the same pic with an Ultimate King vs a stock seat :icon_wink:

D-Train
01-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Of course this is only helpful for someone thinking of buying a seat from a manufacturer that makes all of their F6B seats the same, such as Mustang and Ultimate, and only somewhat useful for Corbin seats, depending on whether or not you order directly from Corbin and ask for something different than their "one size fits all" seats that dealers typically stock. :icon_wink:

rdeady
01-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Yep that's all it would be for. But I'll bet there is plenty here who bought and sold ultimate mid or king and mustang who would have liked that info before they purchased and found out. They say the mustang sits you back an inch. An inch from where is what I want to know. An inch farther then the crease in the stocker actually means I will be pushed forward a little bit from my current seating position even though they said it's an inch farther back. Not any big deal and probably better for me to reach bars more comfortably but it's good to know before purchasing. If someone with a mustang and someone with a Corbin threw those measurements on here it would help a lot of people searching for a seat. Oh yeah and the ultimate king measurement also. :)