PDA

View Full Version : Those who live in Fl.

Broken Hand
01-22-2017, 09:34 PM
Do deciduous trees, like an oak, lose their leaves in winter? If so, when do they lose their leaves and when do they bloom again. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

53driver
01-22-2017, 10:13 PM
In NW Florida, we have "fall" all year round.
The giant oaks in my yard have leaves that manage to fall within seconds of my cleaning the driveway, and in 3 hours, looks like I hadn't done a thing.

If we classify January as "winter", my oaks still have lots of green leaves and Spanish moss.
Cheers,
Steve

Fla_rider
01-23-2017, 08:33 AM
In NW Florida, we have "fall" all year round.
The giant oaks in my yard have leaves that manage to fall within seconds of my cleaning the driveway, and in 3 hours, looks like I hadn't done a thing.

If we classify January as "winter", my oaks still have lots of green leaves and Spanish moss.
Cheers,
Steve

Same here in Central Florida!

tiltingf6b
01-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Do deciduous trees, like an oak, lose their leaves in winter? If so, when do they lose their leaves and when do they bloom again. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

A lot of the big oaks to which you refer sort of loose leaves year round, but, in spring they loose a lot more than any other time as new growth pushes the old growth away. At least that's my observation.

Broken Hand
01-23-2017, 11:44 AM
Having to rake leaves year round definitely sucks. I've been to FL four times, always in October, and never saw a bare tree.

Another two months for riding season to start, you lucky southern bastards.

Thanks for the info.

Fla_rider
01-23-2017, 12:14 PM
Having to rake leaves year round definitely sucks. I've been to FL four times, always in October, and never saw a bare tree.

Another two months for riding season to start, you lucky southern bastards.

Thanks for the info.

If it makes you feel better, the weather was bad this weekend for riding so I just mowed the grass and washed the F6. :th_sunbathe:

Broken Hand
01-23-2017, 12:54 PM
If it makes you feel better, the weather was bad this weekend for riding so I just mowed the grass and washed the F6. :th_sunbathe:

Rub it in.

I have to dig through six inches of snow to find grass.

woody
01-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Last year here in Queensland winter was on a Tuesday. I remember it well I had to use my Dririder jacket.

'riding'

Steve 0080
01-24-2017, 08:21 AM
True the oak trees do not drop all their leaves at once but gradually over time. When spring comes however there is a new crop of leaves and everything is nice and green. Mowing the grass on the other hand also never stops !!! The struggle is real!

DTOM
01-24-2017, 12:47 PM
You guys suck. Take a ride for all of us who can't. If you're into skiing (in the white powdery stuff), then come on out to Utah. The resorts above Salt Lake valley have received 5-6 feet feet of snow in the last 4 days and 20 feet this month!

Broken Hand
01-24-2017, 07:07 PM
You guys suck. Take a ride for all of us who can't. If you're into skiing (in the white powdery stuff), then come on out to Utah. The resorts above Salt Lake valley have received 5-6 feet feet of snow in the last 4 days and 20 feet this month!

If I were into snowmobiling, then I could gloat.