PDA

View Full Version : Running Wires Out of Accessory Box?

DocF6B
02-26-2017, 12:02 PM
I'm going to install a USB power outlet in the front left accessory box of my '15 F6B. So I'll have to run the power wire and audio wire from the box to the phone which is mounted on my left handlebar. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can run the wires and still be able to close the lid? The only thing I can think of is to drill a hole through the lid and raised lip.

yellow rex
02-26-2017, 01:03 PM
I always run the wire out the bottom of the left pocket under the shelter over to the handle bar's
and up the bar to where I need it, much cleaner install.
I see people with wire hanging out the pocket not very attractive look, and no you do not have to remove
anything but the pocket.

DocF6B
02-26-2017, 01:50 PM
Great idea, thanks.

lloydmoore1
02-26-2017, 07:02 PM
yes just pull out the rubber grommet that is around the aux plug cable,then slice it so your cable can fit inside and replace it.

Steve 0080
02-26-2017, 10:01 PM
I always run the wire out the bottom of the left pocket under the shelter over to the handle bar's
and up the bar to where I need it, much cleaner install.
I see people with wire hanging out the pocket not very attractive look, and no you do not have to remove
anything but the pocket.

+1 easy to do also !!! If you loosen the two screws under the handle bar put down a towel or something to catch them !!!