PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll got room for one more ?

smiley
02-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Well I officially jumped the fence. I couldn't stand the suspense anymore so I DARKSIDED. I've had a extra black rim and tire off a trike conversion for awhile now and also a 195/55 Goodyear Assurance stocked up. I've had my Wicko tire changing stand for awhile now also and have changed many street and MX tires with no problems. The worst part of this was breaking the bead and removing the stock tire. Dang I've never been so ill just getting the tire off the rim. Worst one ever. Mounting the CT was new for me but within 5 mins I had it on the rim and the bead seated. Easy as pie. Instead of static balancing I opted for the Ride On Sealant route and after 20 miles it's all good. So once I had added the Ride On and pumped it to 42 psi I was off on my maiden voyage. I rode straight line for about 15 mins to let the sealant spread and then it was backroads. The ride is definitely smoother than the oem for sure. I feel it wants to follow the flat paths of the autos on rough roads but that doesn't phase me because of my off road/ mx riding so it just feels normal. But on a good smooth road it corners great. My brothers chopper with a regular motorcycle 280 rear feels like I'm trying to get a two horse wagon to take a turn. As the old saying goes " I'm in like Flint". CT's should be factory on any GW. Would've had pics but couldn't remember how to upload them. But in the end I'm here to stay. Thanks for all the info my fellow masked crusaders.

willtill
02-26-2017, 09:25 PM
We have a couple of oddball (negative type) folks on this forum about the Darkside... but you will find that like thinking individuals like you... far OUTNUMBER them.

You are in good company. Congratulations and enjoy that car tire!

zzh54
02-26-2017, 09:33 PM
I went the same route as you, car tire and Ride-on, A little over 6000 miles and couldn't be happier. Good luck and Ride on

bob109
02-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Congratulations and keep us all posted/updated on "Your DS Experience":<)

Ride Safe

bob109

Steve 0080
02-26-2017, 09:59 PM
I still get a kick out of folks who kick the CT but have NEVER been on one !!!! LMFAO !!!!

tiltingf6b
02-26-2017, 10:02 PM
I still get a kick out of folks who kick the CT but have NEVER been on one !!!! LMFAO !!!!

laughing is good for your health
me
I'll stick with what the makers of the motorcycles and tire manufacturers say to use.

smiley
02-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Yeah it gets under my skin to hear all the nay sayers. If the shoe fits ...Wear it. If the car tire fits...Ride it. I'm positive I'm gonna be satisfied. Gotta get me one of those DARKSIDE stickers like you willtill. Where'd you find it.

bob109
02-26-2017, 10:15 PM

Watch the DS Forum closely! Us Dark Siders are about to get a "treat":<)

willtill
02-27-2017, 06:41 AM
Yeah it gets under my skin to hear all the nay sayers. If the shoe fits ...Wear it. If the car tire fits...Ride it. I'm positive I'm gonna be satisfied. Gotta get me one of those DARKSIDE stickers like you willtill. Where'd you find it.

I can't find/source the white sticker at the moment... but here are a couple of other options:

http://www.cowhidecovers.com/store/decals.php

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Fit-Motorcycle-Bike-Trike-or-Trailer-Mud-Flap-Darkside-Decal-/111108760447

wjduke
02-27-2017, 07:27 AM
Thought it was time, especially after the last few months of DS Forum Post disruptions by DARK SIDE CRITICS, to bring the subject of DS Negativity to a "head". We Dark Siders are constantly aware of the "Critics" who rudely interject "junk mail/posts" everytime we try to share "RELATIVE INFORMATION/EXPERIENCES of our DS Practice. We all know the "Critics" as those who "pop up" like the 6 P.M. TELE-MARKETERS trying to "peddle" something we neither need nor want. That said, I'm taking the liberty to establish The F6B Riders "Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory". This will give all the "like minded critics" their very own "sand box" to play in and share all their "lack of first hand experiences/knowledge" without having to bother/disrupt "Legitimate Dark Side Post/Conversations. As, I'm sure we all hold the "critics" in such "high esteem" this is but a "courtesy" to/for them!!!!

Two recent members come to mind, so I'll take the "lead/liberty or making them "stars" and get the Registry/Directory up and running. Those other "critics" can simply register themselves. This "Thread/Post" will also serve as a "REPOSITORY" for the "junk mail" by our "renowned critics".

P.S. If our Administrator deems this effort unworthy then let it "go away" like the "critics"!!!

1. tiltingf6b

2. stroguy

3. wjduke Here, I added myself. One thing clear, I don't recall ever saying not to do it, to each his/her own. I said I'll never do it. I don't like the bead contact.

bob109
02-27-2017, 07:37 AM
3. wjduke Here, I added myself. One thing clear, I don't recall ever saying not to do it, to each his/her own. I said I'll never do it. I don't like the bead contact.

Wayne:

You are very far from being a "Critic"! Having had the opportunity to personally meet and ride with you, I can attest you are a "Gentleman", "mannerly" and exceptional rider!

Enough Said

Warm Regards

bob109

wjduke
02-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Thanks Bob...I was a little critical in the beginning. I see a lot of success. It just doesn't sit right in my brain. Looking forward to riding with you guys again this season!

smiley
02-28-2017, 10:21 PM
We'll I got a 100 miles on the new CT after the ride to work and home today. As I said before, everything feels great and comfortable to me. One thing I really liked about the handling this morning at 6:15 am was when I was rounding a curve and and there laid a freshly squashed pole cat( A.K.A SKUNK) for those who don't know. As soon as I seen it, I lifted the throttle, up righted the big B with hardly no effort, back down on the gas and laid her back into the remainder of the curve, all the while remaining in my lane. Oh yeah one more good thing. Showing the new tread on the B to fellow co-workers and reminding them that ten mins and five lug nuts is all it takes to convert. Ahhhhh....that part never gets old reminding them. HAHA

BuzzzPhotos
02-28-2017, 11:47 PM
I've had it on the back for a year now & it still looks new. Quick,fast stopping ability & it lasts 40'oooomiles. How bout that!!!!!

bob109
03-01-2017, 12:48 AM
I've had it on the back for a year now & it still looks new. Quick,fast stopping ability & it lasts 40'oooomiles. How bout that!!!!!

Thanks for you input! Another satified DS User!

What pressure have you been using?