PDA

View Full Version : Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory

bob109
02-26-2017, 10:59 PM
Thought it was time, especially after the last few months of DS Forum Post disruptions by DARK SIDE CRITICS, to bring the subject of DS Negativity to a "head". We Dark Siders are constantly aware of the "Critics" who rudely interject "junk mail/posts" everytime we try to share "RELATIVE INFORMATION/EXPERIENCES of our DS Practice. We all know the "Critics" as those who "pop up" like the 6 P.M. TELE-MARKETERS trying to "peddle" something we neither need nor want. That said, I'm taking the liberty to establish The F6B Riders "Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory". This will give all the "like minded critics" their very own "sand box" to play in and share all their "lack of first hand experiences/knowledge" without having to bother/disrupt "Legitimate Dark Side Post/Conversations. As, I'm sure we all hold the "critics" in such "high esteem" this is but a "courtesy" to/for them!!!!

Two recent members come to mind, so I'll take the "lead/liberty or making them "stars" and get the Registry/Directory up and running. Those other "critics" can simply register themselves. This "Thread/Post" will also serve as a "REPOSITORY" for the "junk mail" by our "renowned critics".

P.S. If our Administrator deems this effort unworthy then let it "go away" like the "critics"!!!

1. tiltingf6b

2. stroguy

Steve 0080
03-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Now the nay-sayers have their own spot to kick, condemn and berate the ideal of going DS... Hey if you ain't tried it, don't knock it !!!

wiggy
03-04-2017, 08:37 PM
As a member who ran DarkSide with my Honda Valkyrie Interstate and now again with my F6b(Bridgestone Driveguard RF), I do hereby solemnly promise to NEVER go into their own Anti-Darkside Timeout Room and
do ANY disruptions to their conversations. But I have a feeling it'll be pretty lonely in there!

stroguy
03-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Wanh Bob, wanh. I challenge you to show me where I told you it was bad or wrong. Won't happen. And, as I posted before, I was only posting useful technical information to make an educated decision as someone sitting on a fence. And the posted link never tried to sway anyone from your science, it just didn't happen. So once again Bob....wanh.

bob109
03-04-2017, 11:33 PM
Wanh Bob, wanh. I challenge you to show me where I told you it was bad or wrong. Won't happen. And, as I posted before, I was only posting useful technical information to make an educated decision as someone sitting on a fence. And the posted link never tried to sway anyone from your science, it just didn't happen. So once again Bob....wanh.

You may have considered it "useful technical information"! I, a Dark Sider, considered it "junk mail"! The "original poster", Jerry O, had a valid question of "Dark Siders", which you are not, plain and simple! Apparently, you can't comprehend you arrived at the "wrong address" with the "wrong package". That Forum clearly states in its heading "Dark Side Forum"! In ending, I'm hoping you aren't a "Delivery Person" for FED EX or UNITED PARCEL SERVICE! They have a reputation for "delivering the "right package" to the "right address"! Can you say the same????

bob109
03-04-2017, 11:42 PM
As a member who ran DarkSide with my Honda Valkyrie Interstate and now again with my F6b(Bridgestone Driveguard RF), I do hereby solemnly promise to NEVER go into their own Anti-Darkside Timeout Room and
do ANY disruptions to their conversations. But I have a feeling it'll be pretty lonely in there!

You have a appreciation for "MANNERS"! Critics, on the other-hand, have the traits of a "Bull in a China Shop". I assure you I'm a mannerly person but rudeness by "party crashers", "tele-marketers" and the likes simply deserves like consideration!!

Ride Safe

A Fellow Dark Sider

bob109

Jerry O
03-05-2017, 01:18 AM
My original post was directed to the Darkside guys that have ran a CT and have tried several different manufactures, what tire seem to perform the best. I was not looking for any technical info to help me decide if I wanted to go DarkSide. I had already made that decision. I do appreciate the ones that have tried to help me with positive useful information. I do not need information from anyone that has not even tried a CT. Bob is one of the members that has stepped up and gave me info I can use. " Thanks Bob"

Trust me, my intention is not to make any enemies here. I feel there are a lot of good people on this sight that is willing to share their knowledge of the F6B with all of us. My opinion is, that is a win, win situation for everyone. Learn and share. Enjoy what you ride and be safe!.......... JerryO

broncsrule21
03-05-2017, 01:46 AM
Thought it was time, especially after the last few months of DS Forum Post disruptions by DARK SIDE CRITICS, to bring the subject of DS Negativity to a "head". We Dark Siders are constantly aware of the "Critics" who rudely interject "junk mail/posts" everytime we try to share "RELATIVE INFORMATION/EXPERIENCES of our DS Practice. We all know the "Critics" as those who "pop up" like the 6 P.M. TELE-MARKETERS trying to "peddle" something we neither need nor want. That said, I'm taking the liberty to establish The F6B Riders "Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory". This will give all the "like minded critics" their very own "sand box" to play in and share all their "lack of first hand experiences/knowledge" without having to bother/disrupt "Legitimate Dark Side Post/Conversations. As, I'm sure we all hold the "critics" in such "high esteem" this is but a "courtesy" to/for them!!!!

Two recent members come to mind, so I'll take the "lead/liberty or making them "stars" and get the Registry/Directory up and running. Those other "critics" can simply register themselves. This "Thread/Post" will also serve as a "REPOSITORY" for the "junk mail" by our "renowned critics".

P.S. If our Administrator deems this effort unworthy then let it "go away" like the "critics"!!!

1. tiltingf6b

2. stroguy

Wow... thats a pretty aggressive call out. No need to get so butt hurt over opinions on the ol' interwebs. Use a car tire if you want.. sheesh

bob109
03-05-2017, 05:15 AM
Wow... thats a pretty aggressive call out. No need to get so butt hurt over opinions on the ol' interwebs. Use a car tire if you want.. sheesh

If you have the time, I would strongly and humbly suggest you read the entire contents of the Dark Side Forum. Of late, the "Critics" are semi-mild, in nature, earning only on/two * (stars) for "negativity". If you are relatively new to the forum you are probably unaware of the "negative antics/behavior" of some of the "most prolific critics" one could imagine i.e. Limoles. Scotrod etc. They took "criticism" to a whole new level, ten **********stars! Not sure about you, but constantly "walking away from the classroom bully/critic" only results in the same repeated behavior by those considerate folks! Sometime your just have to "stand your ground" and take action" to put "bullies/critics" on notice that "enough is enough". Us Dark Siders have reached that "point of no return". I, personally, am not interested in what "side of the Dark Side isle/wall folks are on! Manners are manners and beget manners! Rudeness is rudeness and begets rudeness.

I'm attaching a thread/posts so you can get/have a "quick picture" of "critics in action" and then tell me if "pretty aggressive actions" isn't warranted"!!!!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4636-THANK-YOU

Ride Safe

bob109

tommyb
03-05-2017, 05:55 AM

+1

bob109
03-05-2017, 07:07 AM
+1

This is, of course, the "Dark Side Critic Registry/Directory"!!!!! Are you suggesting you're at the right address???? If so, please don't keep us in suspense!! Self Registry is welcome and recommended:>):>):>)

Bob Penn
03-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Hey, Hey, Now, calm down !

Everybody's got the right to ride the tire of their choice! It's been proven through experimentation they all work..... It all depends on what the rider deems important in their ride.

But, bob109, please for safety reasons promise me you won't try using the spare off your camper bus.

Then again????

tiltingf6b
03-05-2017, 09:22 AM

1. tiltingf6b

2. stroguy

I will wear the safety advocate "star" like a badge proudly. I can understand your sentiment of not liking it when someone rains on your parade and takes over your mud puddle - but I will not stop interjecting safety related information on ANY thread wear and when I feel it is appropriate; especially if even one new rider can be discouraged from an unsafe practice.

My arguments (for safety) are based on the science promoted by the manufacturers of motorcycles and the tire industry as a whole. Even Car Tire makers discourage the practice of going dark.
All publications that I have found to date, relating to motorcycles riding and touring on motorcycles in general, do not advocate going dark.
I have found no Motorcycle Riding Safety Course or Coach who supports the Darkside practice either.
We all know that pulling a trailer is another example of a common practice that is not recommended by the motorcycle industry as a whole (unless they make Motorcycle trailers and associated parts). Yet this practice is widely done and seldom discouraged.

Darksiders I welcome you to ride whatever tire you want but your arguments are weak, emotional and are based on getting away with a "choice" be it for the moment. It is known as a self rewarding behavior as it is reinforced each time you get away with it.
If and when a darksider comes forward with one single science based report of any kind supporting their choice of putting a CT on a motorcycle, please put it in this new sandbox.

Just because you can and have done something doesn't mean you should.

If the darksider(s) had real guts and brains they would find some sponsor(s) willing to fund a legitimate study of the Darkside practice to gain the support of D.O.T., the motorcycle industry, the tire industry, the Insurance industry and the aftermarket industry. Who knows, such a study could result in a whole new type of tire being developed for the larger touring bikes making riding much safer for all of us. It is not enough to just do something - I REPEAT- if you believe so strongly in your choice - let's see you put together some sponsors who are willing to put their money (or your money) where their mouths, and, "if I'm doing it it must be ok" theories are.

Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should, esp when it is so widely discouraged; Trumps tweeting comes to mind (present day humor intended).

Let me reiterate something important - It is your motorcycle, your ride, and thus your right to modify your motorcycle to your hearts delight - that is part of the joy of owning and riding a motorcycle! Motorcycles are a luxury and a hobby.
Enjoy your motorcycles - feel the wind in your hair and embrace the freedom of being able to travel outside the box but try to do so as safely as humanly possible because people do care about us.

Peace out.

Jimmytee
03-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Wow. I think it's funny that very routinely whenever anyone says anything that contradicts the idea that car tires are anything but the "Cat's Meow" , the assumption by some is that that person has NO experience riding "Dark Side". I'm slightly warm to car tires at best. They will stick, but they do change the feel of the bike. And , in my opinion, those changes are not all great. It's kind of amusing that some take this so personally. Ride what you want to ride on.

pilotguy299
03-05-2017, 09:51 AM
i've been a darksider & was a double darksider for about 6 years. i appreciate people having varying opinions, some of which i agree with and some i don't.

BUT i do not think that calling people out for having a differing opinion is appropriate, and that creating a registry/list of those people is not in the spirit of why this (or any) forum exists.

seadog
03-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Wow. I think it's funny that very routinely whenever anyone says anything that contradicts the idea that car tires are anything but the "Cat's Meow" , the assumption by some is that that person has NO experience riding "Dark Side". I'm slightly warm to car tires at best. They will stick, but they do change the feel of the bike. And , in my opinion, those changes are not all great. It's kind of amusing that some take this so personally. Ride what you want to ride on.

+1 Jimmy

wiggy
03-05-2017, 10:04 AM

Understand your point, Jimmytee...BUT...I happen to look at it like this. If a person hates guns, is scared of guns, wants guns outlawed, etc. , I certainly wouldn't expect them to go to a gun enthusiast website and bash either gun users or the guns themselves. They would be considered trolls---and probably treated accordingly, especially if they've never even held one.

I respect everyone's opinion and don't get upset if anyone has a different view of darkside than I do. But I honestly believe(and could very well be wrong) that the original intent of the Darkside Forum was to discuss what is the best darkside tire/PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of any darkside tires one has run, good pricing, new finds in darkside tires that might work well, etc. I doubt it was intended to be a debate site for darkside vs motorcycle tire.

Steve 0080
03-05-2017, 10:12 AM
i've been a darksider & was a double darksider for about 6 years. i appreciate people having varying opinions, some of which i agree with and some i don't.

BUT i do not think that calling people out for having a differing opinion is appropriate, and that creating a registry/list of those people is not in the spirit of why this (or any) forum exists.

It is not so much calling any one person out. Here is another example, For Brace. Look it up. The same people time after time after time after time post the exact same answer on every post. OK they do not see the value, OK they do do not have the expendable cash, OK it does not come in pink. Each and every thread is littered with this same opposition. Same on the DS Forum. We started a DS Forum so folks who do not see the benefit would not have to see it. Kinda like the Off Topic Forum....and dam if you don't see the same people in there saying for the forty third time they don't like it. Folks this is just another example. No need to get butt here, just step away and go to another post. Have a wonder Sunday, get out and ride and get some sun!!! If not spring will be here soon.

wiggy
03-05-2017, 10:16 AM
It is not so much calling any one person out. Here is another example, For Brace. Look it up. The same people time after time after time after time post the exact same answer on every post. OK they do not see the value, OK they do do not have the expendable cash, OK it does not come in pink. Each and every thread is littered with this same opposition. Same on the DS Forum. We started a DS Forum so folks who do not see the benefit would not have to see it. Kinda like the Off Topic Forum....and dam if you don't see the same people in there saying for the forty third time they don't like it. Folks this is just another example. No need to get butt here, just step away and go to another post. Have a wonder Sunday, get out and ride and get some sun!!! If not spring will be here soon.

Well said, Steve!

bob109
03-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Understand your point, Jimmytee...BUT...I happen to look at it like this. If a person hates guns, is scared of guns, wants guns outlawed, etc. , I certainly wouldn't expect them to go to a gun enthusiast website and bash either gun users or the guns themselves. They would be considered trolls---and probably treated accordingly, especially if they've never even held one.

I respect everyone's opinion and don't get upset if anyone has a different view of darkside than I do. But I honestly believe(and could very well be wrong) that the original intent of the Darkside Forum was to discuss what is the best darkside tire/PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of any darkside tires one has run, good pricing, new finds in darkside tires that might work well, etc. I doubt it was intended to be a debate site for darkside vs motorcycle tire.

Priceless!! I couldn't have said it better!

Regards and Safe Riding

bob109

tiltingf6b
03-05-2017, 10:25 AM

I personally make it a point to interject data (more info) when the lack of it is presented. It is not about disagreeing with anyone, more like, yes but - what about this article, this science, this manufacturer. Name calling is never appropriate, childish at best, just saying something isn't right (that's dumb) but when they BACK IT UP, by all means, pay attention!

bob109
03-05-2017, 10:42 AM
+1 Jimmy

seadog, thank you for finally showing up! I was wondering how long it would take you to step up to the podium! Its been approximately 6 days since the "Critic Registry/Directory was posted. I purposely avoided originally adding you to the list, knowing well you would "show on your on accord" to accept you "Critic Trophy"! You've just proven me right! In light of recognizing all our "Critics", you now being #3 on the registry, I think it would be appropriate for us Dark Sides to rate each of your with a Star System. Like TV's Dancing With The Stars, we will, instead, have "Cruising With The Critics". We'll simply rate each of you, one to five stars (*,**,***,****,*****) based on "individual negativity". There is a exception in your particular case! As you are critical of everyone and everything, i.e oil, tires, fork braces etc. you've earned the honor and recognition of ten ********** stars.

Regards

bob109

Jimmytee
03-05-2017, 11:39 AM
I wonder if I am not the only one , that unless I am posting a new topic/thread, the thought of which "Forum" I'm reading or responding to never enters my mind?

I would bet that there are some people like me, who simply click on the "New Posts" tab at the top, which then lists any new topics or posts in the order of the most recent responses.

I ,for one , never knew there was a new "Forum" specifically to talk about Darkside.

I also don't usually interject in these tired ( see what I did there?) debates over tires, oil etc...

However when someone does inquire about people's experiences with said "car tires" , I will sometimes offer my opinion.

I ride with quite a few "Darksiders" I currently ride Darkside on my Valkyrie. I will wear that tire out, but when it's done, not sure I'll put another Darkside on it.

I think it's wrong to post purely for the point of being argumentative. I've seen that both ways though. No one here has a monopoly on fitting this description from my observation.

tiltingf6b
03-05-2017, 01:58 PM
seadog, thank you for finally showing up! I was wondering how long it would take you to step up to the podium! Its been approximately 6 days since the "Critic Registry/Directory was posted. I purposely avoided originally adding you to the list, knowing well you would "show on your on accord" to accept you "Critic Trophy"! You've just proven me right! In light of recognizing all our "Critics", you now being #3 on the registry, I think it would be appropriate for us Dark Sides to rate each of your with a Star System. Like TV's Dancing With The Stars, we will, instead, have "Cruising With The Critics". We'll simply rate each of you, one to five stars (*,**,***,****,*****) based on "individual negativity". There is a exception in your particular case! As you are critical of everyone and everything, i.e oil, tires, fork braces etc. you've earned the honor and recognition of ten ********** stars.

Regards

bob109

Here's the thing - great people talk about ideas, they debate theories and accept criticism as part of the science of growth through education - little people on the other hand, well, they talk about people.

tiltingf6b
03-05-2017, 02:00 PM
I wonder if I am not the only one , that unless I am posting a new topic/thread, the thought of which "Forum" I'm reading or responding to never enters my mind?

I would bet that there are some people like me, who simply click on the "New Posts" tab at the top, which then lists any new topics or posts in the order of the most recent responses.

I ,for one , never knew there was a new "Forum" specifically to talk about Darkside.

I also don't usually interject in these tired ( see what I did there?) debates over tires, oil etc...

However when someone does inquire about people's experiences with said "car tires" , I will sometimes offer my opinion.

I ride with quite a few "Darksiders" I currently ride Darkside on my Valkyrie. I will wear that tire out, but when it's done, not sure I'll put another Darkside on it.

I think it's wrong to post purely for the point of being argumentative. I've seen that both ways though. No one here has a monopoly on fitting this description from my observation.

+3 = me, myself and I

JMartin
03-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Here's the thing - great people talk about ideas, they debate theories and accept criticism as part of the science of growth through education - little people on the other hand, well, they talk about people.^^ That ^^

bob109
03-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Here's the thing - great people talk about ideas, they debate theories and accept criticism as part of the science of growth through education - little people on the other hand, well, they talk about people.

How Profound! I'm both awed and humbled to be in the presence of a "Great One" like yourself! tiltingf6b has spoken. Bearing the "Gospel of the Critics" we shall now bow down and recognize him as the master bearer of "critical information/thinking" from all areas of "science", "education", "engineering" "tire manufacturing" and the "insurance industry". Being one of the little people (I'll proudly wear that hat), I politely and humbly recommend you for immediate 5*****star recognition! It's the least we "little people" can do for you!!!!!!

BIGLRY
03-05-2017, 03:50 PM
How Profound! I'm both awed and humbled to be in the presence of a "Great One" like yourself! tiltingf6b has spoken. Bearing the "Gospel of the Critics" we shall now bow down and recognize him as the master bearer of "critical information/thinking from all areas of "science", "education", "engineering" "tire manufacturing" and the "insurance industry". Being one of the little people (I'll proudly wear that hat), I politely and humbly recommend you for immediate 5*****star recognition! It's the least we "little people" can do for you!!!!!!

http://rs249.pbsrc.com/albums/gg204/myxxboo/darkside.gif~c200

bob109
03-05-2017, 04:16 PM

As always, it's good to hear from you BIGLRY:>):>):>)

Ya know, giving it some quick thought, I pondered giving the "Critics" cookies instead of stars. Quickly coming to my senses, I realized it would be a "waste of good cookies":>):>):>):>)

tiltingf6b
03-05-2017, 04:59 PM
How Profound! I'm both awed and humbled to be in the presence of a "Great One" like yourself! tiltingf6b has spoken. Bearing the "Gospel of the Critics" we shall now bow down and recognize him as the master bearer of "critical information/thinking" from all areas of "science", "education", "engineering" "tire manufacturing" and the "insurance industry". Being one of the little people (I'll proudly wear that hat), I politely and humbly recommend you for immediate 5*****star recognition! It's the least we "little people" can do for you!!!!!!

There seems to be an immediate disconnect from thread content and bob109's "intent". I do not offer up sarcasm to you or anyone as individuals (as you have done), rather, I look to separate my immediate emotions from a debate (discussion) so I might find the science or suitable evidence, which supports or invalidates a direction I may or may not want to choose - subjective thinking and tunnel vision are dangerous things. Maybe I might want to go to the dark side, but, only if there was adequate science and empirical data to support the practice.

If one is truly passionate about the sport of motorcycling it is a necessary manifesto to explore all avenues of information and embrace new knowledge in order to advance their skills or improve their RIDE. If you need stars and other labels to help you identify sources of information, by all means please categorize things in a way suitable to your cognition's most suitable way of learning.

Having just returned from a beautiful motorcycle ride on the backroads of Alabama Bayou's I am grateful to embrace any knowledge you or anyone else might wish to share that has a substantive nature to it. While I enjoy shifting my motorcycle My favorite thing(s) to shift are paradigms.

Life is good - enjoy it.

tiltingf6b
03-05-2017, 05:05 PM

Biglry - you are perhaps the greatest source of reliable information this forum has - always a pleasure to read your posts.

bob109
03-05-2017, 06:25 PM
There seems to be an immediate disconnect from thread content and bob109's "intent". I do not offer up sarcasm to you or anyone as individuals (as you have done), rather, I look to separate my immediate emotions from a debate (discussion) so I might find the science or suitable evidence, which supports or invalidates a direction I may or may not want to choose - subjective thinking and tunnel vision are dangerous things. Maybe I might want to go to the dark side, but, only if there was adequate science and empirical data to support the practice.

If one is truly passionate about the sport of motorcycling it is a necessary manifesto to explore all avenues of information and embrace new knowledge in order to advance their skills or improve their RIDE. If you need stars and other labels to help you identify sources of information, by all means please categorize things in a way suitable to your cognition's most suitable way of learning.

Having just returned from a beautiful motorcycle ride on the backroads of Alabama Bayou's I am grateful to embrace any knowledge you or anyone else might wish to share that has a substantive nature to it. While I enjoy shifting my motorcycle My favorite thing(s) to shift are paradigms.

I'm immensely enjoying this "dialog" between you and I! I try to learn something new everyday! I'll share with you a tad of info you may find enlightening and useful and then again, you may not! This is to put "Empirical Findings and "Anecdotal Info" into perspective. Located in Raleigh N.C., Duke University and UNC are located in the epicenter of the Research Triangle Area. Home to many of the largest U.S. Major Drug/Pharmaceutical Companies there also resides a oft missed company called "Quintiles". Once small, this entity has developed into a "World Class" Provider for "Clinical Trials" of patent pending drugs which need FDA Approval before they can be marketed. Those "Clinical Trials" and eventual recommendations to the FDA are the product of hundreds, if not thousand of patients being treated for the likes of Cancer, with "experimental drugs". It is the information from each individual patient (anecdotal and empirical) which is collected and digested by numerous "Statistical Experts" which captures the "effectiveness" and "side effects" of each drug submitted for scrutiny! Without "anecdotal/empirical" evidence/reporting, "Scienticic Findings" would be impossible. I, as a Dark Sider, want the "feedback" from like minded folks! Knowing there are hundreds, if not thousand of Dark Siders with info, "I deem important, some DS folks are reluctant to ever enter into a DS Conversation/Forum. That, IMHO, is a "short coming" on all out parts!

Ride Safe

Ride Often

bob109

53driver
03-05-2017, 07:26 PM

^^ That ^^

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Jimmytee
03-06-2017, 06:09 AM
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully"

Depeche Mode

willtill
03-06-2017, 06:41 AM
"Been around the Horn, sailed the seven seas, seen everything, done everything, that's how I know people are rotten. I've seen 'em all".

McCoy (from Rooster Cogburn).

wiggy
03-06-2017, 07:16 AM
"I've been to a county fair, a street carnival, a hog ropin, and a hangin so there ain't much I haven't seen."

My dad, Roscoe E Harris

tiltingf6b
03-06-2017, 07:24 AM
I'm immensely enjoying this "dialog" between you and I! I try to learn something new everyday! I'll share with you a tad of info you may find enlightening and useful and then again, you may not! This is to put "Empirical Findings and "Anecdotal Info" into perspective. Located in Raleigh N.C., Duke University and UNC are located in the epicenter of the Research Triangle Area. Home to many of the largest U.S. Major Drug/Pharmaceutical Companies there also resides a oft missed company called "Quintiles". Once small, this entity has developed into a "World Class" Provider for "Clinical Trials" of patent pending drugs which need FDA Approval before they can be marketed. Those "Clinical Trials" and eventual recommendations to the FDA are the product of hundreds, if not thousand of patients being treated for the likes of Cancer, with "experimental drugs". It is the information from each individual patient (anecdotal and empirical) which is collected and digested by numerous "Statistical Experts" which captures the "effectiveness" and "side effects" of each drug submitted for scrutiny! Without "anecdotal/empirical" evidence/reporting, "Scienticic Findings" would be impossible. I, as a Dark Sider, want the "feedback" from like minded folks! Knowing there are hundreds, if not thousand of Dark Siders with info, "I deem important, some DS folks are reluctant to ever enter into a DS Conversation/Forum. That, IMHO, is a "short coming" on all out parts!

Ride Safe

Ride Often

bob109

So - it is time for dark siders to come forward and put together a real collaborative effort to gather data - this would necessarily be nationwide or even a global effort that should cross all barriers and be inclusive. The more data and anecdotal info you can gather from the more sources, the more likely the dark siders will find the true advocates. As I said, if your passionate about your motorcycle and your choice of tires, find the resources to truly investigate the consequences (good and bad) of CT's on Motorcycles. First and foremost if motorcyclists are going dark, I for one don't believe it's just economy - I believe the reason is much more complex and the free market is missing an opportunity. So one of you Darksiders' with some time and brains get the wheel rolling. Gather a true body of evidence and get some backing, financial and technical - make our sport safer.

bob109
03-06-2017, 10:24 AM
So - it is time for dark siders to come forward and put together a real collaborative effort to gather data - this would necessarily be nationwide or even a global effort that should cross all barriers and be inclusive. The more data and anecdotal info you can gather from the more sources, the more likely the dark siders will find the true advocates. As I said, if your passionate about your motorcycle and your choice of tires, find the resources to truly investigate the consequences (good and bad) of CT's on Motorcycles. First and foremost if motorcyclists are going dark, I for one don't believe it's just economy - I believe the reason is much more complex and the free market is missing an opportunity. So one of you Darksiders' with some time and brains get the wheel rolling. Gather a true body of evidence and get some backing, financial and technical - make our sport safer.

There is already a collaborative effort/database in existence! It's not on this Forum! Delphi, has "Riding The Dark Side Forum" with a Car Tire Database which will provide you with some real enlightenment! The Database includes Make and Year of Bike, Brand Tire, Tire Size, Sweet Spot Air Pressure, Air Pressure Required to Seat Tire Bead etc. etc. You have to be a Member of that Forum to review the Database. In addition there is user data on the actual mileage achieved by each individual. I would "strongly suggest" you review that site and get a "Real Grasp" for the efforts of Dark Siders to have a specific center for "Relevant DS Data". There is a "assumption" by critics that Dark Siders aren't "well read" before we take the step to the DS. That "assumption" is far from the truth!

tiltingf6b
03-06-2017, 11:03 AM
There is already a collaborative effort/database in existence! It's not on this Forum! Delphi, has "Riding The Dark Side Forum" with a Car Tire Database which will provide you with some real enlightenment! The Database includes Make and Year of Bike, Brand Tire, Tire Size, Sweet Spot Air Pressure, Air Pressure Required to Seat Tire Bead etc. etc. You have to be a Member of that Forum to review the Database. In addition there is user data on the actual mileage achieved by each individual. I would "strongly suggest" you review that site and get a "Real Grasp" for the efforts of Dark Siders to have a specific center for "Relevant DS Data". There is a "assumption" by critics that Dark Siders aren't "well read" before we take the step to the DS. That "assumption" is far from the truth!

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=DarkSiding&nav=start&prettyurl=%2FDarkSiding%2Fstart&gid=2070982891

willtill
03-06-2017, 11:10 AM
link please ?

Here's one of the databases http://darkside.nwff.info/?p=tires

But why do you care? You're anti-darkside.

Attention all Darksiders!

We should not be participating in this particular thread, This is for the Anti-Darksiders ONLY. Let the haters hate. This is the last post from me in this thread.

DMAGOLDRDR
03-06-2017, 11:21 AM
I usually stay out of Car Tire debates but seeing that this discussion is not a heated argument I will add my personal reason for going to a car tire into the mix for what it is worth. It was not a decision I took lightly. I do not have any degree in engineering or any other technical info here and I doubt you will find any as no one in the field will want to say it is acceptable and have to be held responsible for what the general public does.

Along with my F6B and my Valk I have a 1978 GL1000 with a California Sidecar mounted. I will say the Sidecar is an accepted non OEM addition to my Old Wing but that Sidecar sure is a much larger alteration to my Motorcycle than the car tire is on my my bikes.
My point is that many of us make changes that an Insurance Co or Good Lawyer can exploit if push comes to shove in a court room. A chance we must except with our changes!!

My needs were for long trips
Flat repair. can be done to car tire much safer than Motorcycle tire
Better at heavy load handling
Better wet traction
No Cupping to deal with.. (a big problem with bike tires)

my Car Tire thoughts and experience ...............
we need to back up the calendar to 2012

For years I wanted to try a car tire on my Valk. It is a 2000 Interstate and as of late 2012 I had a bit under 90 thousand miles on the bike. The Valk is not my only bike, but the one that makes the larger trips as it is set up for long haul two up riding. I decided for this trip to take a friend up on his offer to throw a car tire on. He has 3 Valkyries all with Car Tires and had an extra mounted new tire on a Valk rim ready to go. I had done my researching and reading over the years and started adding up the pros and cons of a car tire on a road trip.

As in the past, our Sturgis trips take in 7000 miles in two weeks so this will be a great test.
I have found the extended highway speeds in the July/August heat, along with the bike tipping the scales at 1200lbs once loaded with gear and riding two up, sure does tear up tires fast. Sooo I mounted the NEXEN 205/60Ri6 tire. It performed well and I did not end up with a cupped rear tire as I always had.
I decided to stick with the car tire as my dedicated tire and not just for trips because I found no down side to the Car Tire.

NOW after running the CT for well over 40 thousand miles on two different bikes and many years time.... No change from Bike to Car tire in the twisties. This year to Sturgis we took the Northern route from New England thru Canada down into North Dakota. Three days of rain gave a good wet road test. Straight up stopping is awesome with the car tire, and even leaned over I still had good traction on the wet roads.
BUT I think the Bike tire has a bit better traction leaned over on dry roads. That may change with your car tire choice. The NEXEN I was running has very small tread blocks on the sides and I think the larger surface area of the bike tire gives it an edge . Although I never felt any slipping until I was accelerating a bit harder that I should have while leaning in a hard corner up hill...

PRO...
Run Flat tires (if you so choose) I have had both
Flat repair much easier and can be run with a plug
Better at heavy load handling
Better wet traction Much better tread life
No Cupping to deal with.. (a big problem with bike tires)
On the Bearthooth Pass we ran into construction and rode 10 miles of dirt in the rain... I was glad I was on a Car Tire for that!!!

Con...
Low speed handling on uneven pavement
Motorcycle dealers don't like to deal with them (but small tire shops have no problem)

bob109
03-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Here's one of the databases http://darkside.nwff.info/?p=tires

But why do you care? You're anti-darkside.

We should not be participating in this particular thread, This is for the Anti-Darksiders ONLY. Let the haters hate. This is the last post from me in this thread.

willtill:

Thanks for pulling up the "Actual Databases"! They speak "volumes" for "honest reporting" of/from "actual users"!

Info like this strikes fear into the "Critics! Facts and Just the Facts:>):>):>)

Regards

bob109

Elroy
03-06-2017, 05:06 PM
willtill:

Thanks for pulling up the "Actual Databases"! They speak "volumes" for "honest reporting" of/from "actual users"!

Info like this strikes fear into the "Critics! Facts and Just the Facts:>):>):>)

Regards

bob109

"Good night" "man", "give" it "a rest". "Your" " key will "thank you" too....

bob109
03-06-2017, 05:18 PM
"Good night" "man", "give" it "a rest". "Your" " key will "thank you" too....

Thanks for sharing that with me:>):>):>) I rise early and retire late and my "key board" never fails me:>):>)

P.S. If you feel that you are at the right address, remember, self re-registration is recommended:>)

53driver
03-06-2017, 05:32 PM
I think we need to move this thread to "Off Topic" :banghead:

BIGLRY
03-06-2017, 06:57 PM
+1

bob109
03-06-2017, 07:05 PM
I think we need to move this thread to "Off Topic" :banghead:

Steve:

If that were to occur, I would have to start a Dark Side Thread on "Ballerina Flats" versus "Combat Boots":>):>):>):>):>):>):>):>):>)

With all of the "Bashing" some "Levity" is in order:>):>):>):>)

JMartin
03-06-2017, 07:38 PM
"Good night" "man", "give" it "a rest". "Your" " key will "thank you" too.... ^^ "That" ^^

53driver
03-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Steve:

If that were to occur, I would have to start a Dark Side Thread on "Ballerina Flats" versus "Combat Boots":>):>):>):>):>):>):>):>):>)

With all of the "Bashing" some "Levity" is in order:>):>):>):>)

I often wear lightweight leather slippers when I ride the SERIOUS twisties so I can better feel the bike's responses.
Of course, I have to replace them about every year or so.... :shhh:

BIGLRY
03-07-2017, 01:20 PM
I often wear lightweight leather slippers when I ride the SERIOUS twisties so I can better feel the bike's responses.
Of course, I have to replace them about every year or so.... :shhh:
Kind of like these?
http://www.zappos.com/images/z/8/0/3/80397-p-4x.jpg

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/5/005/053/271/0fb90d0.jpg

wjduke
03-07-2017, 02:04 PM
This thread is now just pure entertainment

53driver
03-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Just like those, my large friend!
I can really feel the bike talking to me through those curves and all the subtle RPM changes.
They do wear out quickly though....much like all y'all's under-inflated rear tires lasting only 7k miles. :moon: :stirthepot: etc...

bob109
03-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Kind of like these?
http://www.zappos.com/images/z/8/0/3/80397-p-4x.jpg

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/5/005/053/271/0fb90d0.jpg

BIGLRY:

Are those regular" side walls" or the "firmer side wall run flats"????? Do they have a "All Season Designation"? Ahhhhh! Whats life without "Levity":>):>):>):>)

53driver
03-08-2017, 08:26 AM
BIGLRY:

Are those regular" side walls" or the "firmer side wall run flats"????? Do they have a "All Season Designation"? Ahhhhh! Whats life without "Levity":>):>):>):>)

Bob,
You see those elastomeric bands linking the two sidewalls? They provide all the support I've ever needed.
No one's ever had an issue, so despite being contrary to MSF doctrine of "over-the-ankle" footwear, we "Light-Siders" are just trying to be ourselves and do our own thing.
It's about freedom.
These slippers are empirically proven to do the job, regardless of numerous claims to the contrary.
There's so much data out there, I'm really shocked you haven't heard or seen any; the light touch and feel I get is SO superior to black leather engineer boots, black leather racing boots, black leather flip-flops, and what ever else you "Dark-Siders" are wearing that is 'authorized' and promoted by the mainstream.
There's just no comparison!
Using these should be legal for all riders - especially for riders who want to wear through shoes quickly!

And I do encourage you to try them before dismissing them as a fad or other social nuance.
The social persecution of "Light-Siders" is sickening.
I've had to change my identity on FB, various forums and even SnapChat.
Obama was real close to signing legislation that would have permitted me to use the same bathroom as Dark-Siders, but that got pushed aside. Some "trans-thing" got priority.

Lastly here's this little factoid: NBC's Brian Williams even did a story about how he personally wore them at the Isle of Man competition last year and touted his outstanding finish - all on his Kawi 125 Eliminator.

So, as I read somewhere else in these hallowed pages, "just give it a rest," okay?
I'll be me, you be you, and I guarantee I'll wave at you next time I see you!
:039:

:)))))
More coffee...

DMAGOLDRDR
03-08-2017, 10:13 AM
This thread is now just pure entertainment

+1

The only thread I now check daily for good chuckle..

bob109
03-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Bob,
You see those elastomeric bands linking the two sidewalls? They provide all the support I've ever needed.
No one's ever had an issue, so despite being contrary to MSF doctrine of "over-the-ankle" footwear, we "Light-Siders" are just trying to be ourselves and do our own thing.
It's about freedom.
These slippers are empirically proven to do the job, regardless of numerous claims to the contrary.
There's so much data out there, I'm really shocked you haven't heard or seen any; the light touch and feel I get is SO superior to black leather engineer boots, black leather racing boots, black leather flip-flops, and what ever else you "Dark-Siders" are wearing that is 'authorized' and promoted by the mainstream.
There's just no comparison!
Using these should be legal for all riders - especially for riders who want to wear through shoes quickly!

And I do encourage you to try them before dismissing them as a fad or other social nuance.
The social persecution of "Light-Siders" is sickening.
I've had to change my identity on FB, various forums and even SnapChat.
Obama was real close to signing legislation that would have permitted me to use the same bathroom as Dark-Siders, but that got pushed aside. Some "trans-thing" got priority.

Lastly here's this little factoid: NBC's Brian Williams even did a story about how he personally wore them at the Isle of Man competition last year and touted his outstanding finish - all on his Kawi 125 Eliminator.

So, as I read somewhere else in these hallowed pages, "just give it a rest," okay?
I'll be me, you be you, and I guarantee I'll wave at you next time I see you!
:039:

:)))))
More coffee...

Steve!

You have me throughly convinced! I'm definitely interested in a pair! Do you know if they are available in a size 16! Specifically in 195/55-R16. Just want to insure the "bead" will seat properly and I'm not jeopardizing life and limb by going to the "Light-Side":>):>):>) I surly don't want fellow Dark Siders to think I'm "throwing caution to the wind".:>):>):>)

P.S. Coffee or Beer is on me should we ever meet (Fine Scotch If Need Be)

Warm Regards

In Humor and Fun

A Fellow Rider

bob109

53driver
03-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Steve!

You have me throughly convinced! I'm definitely interested in a pair! Do you know if they are available in a size 16! Specifically in 195/55-R16. Just want to insure the "bead" will seat properly and I'm not jeopardizing life and limb by going to the "Light-Side":>):>):>) I surly don't want fellow Dark Siders to think I'm "throwing caution to the wind".:>):>):>)

P.S. Coffee or Beer is on me should we ever meet (Fine Scotch If Need Be)

Warm Regards

In Humor and Fun

A Fellow Rider

bob109

All in fun!
Coffee on you...scotch on me.
We shall meet someday!

Even if I have to ride to PA!
:icon_mrgreen:

Cheers,
Steve

Which I am doing in mid/late July....

tommyb
03-09-2017, 01:24 AM
This is, of course, the "Dark Side Critic Registry/Directory"!!!!! Are you suggesting you're at the right address???? If so, please don't keep us in suspense!! Self Registry is welcome and recommended:>):>):>)

I don't put ct's on mc's, never have, never will. I don't lecture or fault anyone who does, nor have I ever. I couldn't care less what tire anyone puts on their motorcycle. I was simply agreeing with what I read in the post.

bob109
03-09-2017, 07:13 AM
I don't put ct's on mc's, never have, never will. I don't lecture or fault anyone who does, nor have I ever. I couldn't care less what tire anyone puts on their motorcycle. I was simply agreeing with what I read in the post.

Cheers to you! That's what makes "America Great"!

Ride Safe

Ride Often

bob109

tiltingf6b
03-09-2017, 07:26 AM
I finally went dark - sorry for the link - still cant load a pic directly for whaaaaaaaaaaatever reason
biggest issue was getting the tires seated.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/norsseman/diegoj-tiretransport.jpg

Peace

BIGLRY
03-09-2017, 01:39 PM
I finally went dark - sorry for the link - still cant load a pic directly for whaaaaaaaaaaatever reason
biggest issue was getting the tires seated.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/norsseman/diegoj-tiretransport.jpg

Peace
http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image37592.jpg

Retired Army
03-09-2017, 04:35 PM

Isn't that double dark side?

Jimmytee
03-09-2017, 04:56 PM

He looks really tired

JMartin
03-09-2017, 05:33 PM
He looks really tiredOkay... that was funny right there!

Phantom
03-09-2017, 05:54 PM
http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image37592.jpgIs it me or is he driving on part of the sidewalk? maybe a combination of road shoulder/sidewalk? No license plate either and the seat has seen better days.

Jimmytee
03-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Okay... that was funny right there!

It sure was punny