PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel rack on order,,thinking of making it black.

svnten
02-28-2017, 06:07 PM
I just ordered a stainless steel luggage rack, not sure I like the stainless on the bike so I am looking for options. I have a 2015 blue f6b that has blacked out features and not much chrome at all.

I have not seen any F6B's with this stainless rack or smoke colored rack but surly there are some out there.

I should be getting my rack shipped in about a week but has anyone painted it black to match the newer F6B's blacked out look? I am just looking for ideas on how to paint this black or make it blacked out and tough enough to handle the wear and tear of use...maybe something like a rhino lining dipped on it or something..?

Any thoughts or pictures would be great.

Here is the picture of the rack I ordered.

http://wingstuff.com/products/35614-chrome-luggage-rack-for-honda-f6b

Ixol Phaane
02-28-2017, 06:20 PM
...powder coat.

98valk
02-28-2017, 06:22 PM
I would be interested in how to make it durable, too.

They do have a smoke chrome rack. Maybe you could change your order?

F6B1911
02-28-2017, 06:25 PM
I just ordered a stainless steel luggage rack, not sure I like the stainless on the bike so I am looking for options. I have a 2015 blue f6b that has blacked out features and not much chrome at all. I should be getting my rack shipped in about a week but has anyone painted it black to match the newer F6B's blacked out look? I am just looking for ideas on how to paint this black or make it blacked out and tough enough to handle the wear and tear of use...maybe something like a rhino lining dipped on it or something..?Any thoughts or pictures would be great. Getting the rack Rhino dipped may not match the rest of the bike, the texture isn't smooth like chrome or paint.Painting it may look nice, but maybe only for a while, using bungee cords may scratch the paint.I'd get it powder coated, it's much more durable than paint.I had everything chrome on my F6B powder coated black, looks great and easy to clean.Just my 2 cents.

speedjunkie
02-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Black epoxy appliance paint. Tough as hell, inexpensive.

Mike

Stone Laker
03-01-2017, 12:26 PM
The Show Chrome rack is chrome plated steel not stainless steel. You can have any shop sand blast it to remove the chrome and then satin black powder coat it.

olegoat345
03-02-2017, 12:55 PM
yep, black epoxy rattle can. tough stuff.

Wavalk
03-05-2017, 01:15 AM
I have the smoked chrome rack on my 2015 F6B. Its also blue and black. I think that the smoked chrome looks pretty sharp on the bike. http://wingstuff.com/products/35531-smoke-chrome-luggage-rack-for-f6b?context=luggage_racks