PDA

View Full Version : FOBO

Delta
03-04-2017, 05:55 PM
I like what I've been reading about the FOBO. However, I'm about 10,000 miles away from a tire change (I hope) and new valve stems being installed. Will the OEM rubbers valve stems be OK until I get a new set of sneakers installed?

bob109
03-04-2017, 07:34 PM
I like what I've been reading about the FOBO. However, I'm about 10,000 miles away from a tire change (I hope) and new valve stems being installed. Will the OEM rubbers valve stems be OK until I get a new set of sneakers installed?

Currently have 54K miles on my 2013 with the OEM Stems still in place. My advice is to undo the plastic stem supports from their mount tits, apply a dab of black Silicone and snap the supports back in place. Another step to prevent damaging the stems is to "hold them" whenever adding/checking air pressure!

Ride Safe

bob109

SierraKen
03-04-2017, 11:16 PM

I've had no trouble using the FOBO on my 2015 with original 90 degree stems for the past 6000 miles. I do plan on installing the FOBO T valves so I don't have to remove the FOBO sensors to add air when needed.

Fla_rider
03-06-2017, 08:31 AM
I've had the FOBO sensors for 2 1/2 years now. I use them on the stock 90 degree stems. No problem so far. Replace batteries yearly. Ride off with the insurance of a properly inflated tires.

53driver
03-06-2017, 08:47 AM
I've had the FOBO sensors for 2 1/2 years now. I use them on the stock 90 degree stems. No problem so far. Replace batteries yearly. Ride off with the insurance of a properly inflated tires.

Exact situation here also. I really like not having to crawl under the rear of the bike to find then use the valve stem.

terryboyle
03-09-2017, 07:07 PM
It looks like they weigh about half an ounce.

Delta
03-11-2017, 12:26 PM
FedEx just delivered my FOBO and metal T-valves today that I ordered from WingStuff. If the wind chill wasn't -24*F, I'd be outside playing with them. I was surprised to see that included with the kit were 2 metal straight valve stems. I hope my dealer can install the T valves without having to remove the tires for cheap money.

SierraKen
03-11-2017, 02:48 PM
I just had the T valves installed and it does require the tire to be broken lose from rim and installed from the inside.

Delta
03-11-2017, 02:50 PM
How much did it cost to do that?

Delta
03-13-2017, 05:07 PM
When I install the battery in the FOBO sensors, I can't screw it on all the way. There is still a bit of the red rubber O-Ring visible between the cap and base. Does anyone else noticed this. I really don't want to use pliers to crank it down. Right now it's as tight as I can get it with my hands.

Sorry, can't upload a file to show.

willtill
03-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Install the T-Stems yourself and save money. Starting at post #27 in below thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9495-These-are-Great!/page2&highlight=motion+bead+breaker

(one of my pictures in the above thread was replaced by something else though) Have NO IDEA how that happened. Just dumb luck with free online pic hosting services.

Delta
03-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Thanks for posting that. I think I'm going to wait till I get new sneakers installed. I would hate to make the investment in tools (Bead Breaker)that I'll probably use one time. That's a pretty hefty C Clamp in the picture. Of course I could change my mind.

olegoat345
03-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Looks like using willtill's way it, might be done while mounted on bike. Great idea Will!

53driver
03-14-2017, 04:27 PM
When I install the battery in the FOBO sensors, I can't screw it on all the way. There is still a bit of the red rubber O-Ring visible between the cap and base. Does anyone else noticed this. I really don't want to use pliers to crank it down. Right now it's as tight as I can get it with my hands.

Sorry, can't upload a file to show.

Mine are pretty much all the way down.
I'll take another peek to verify.
...stby...

Yeah, there's no red showing.
Does the cap go on "all the way" without a battery?
I've emailed FOBO twice with questions and gotten responses within 12 hours.
Best of luck.
Steve

Delta
03-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Got it fixed. Seems I managed to install 2 batteries in each one. FOBO included 2 extra batteries in the box and I assumed these had to be installed. Guess I was in too much of a rush.

53driver
03-14-2017, 09:36 PM
Got it fixed. Seems I managed to install 2 batteries in each one. FOBO included 2 extra batteries in the box and I assumed these had to be installed. Guess I was in too much of a rush.

Dang. Hope the circuits are still good!

Delta
03-14-2017, 10:52 PM
They appear to be working just fine. I'm thinking the additional battery didn't make sufficient contact. I never thought that the batteries would already be installed. I could have sworn the directions said to install the batteries on top of the PCB. I guess I took that a bit too literal.

53driver
03-15-2017, 09:46 AM
Great news!

Fla_rider
03-15-2017, 12:35 PM

you know after you posted the first time about not screwing down all the way i was wondering if you put two batteries in, but I didn't want to say hey dummy did you put two batteries in or just one?

Delta
03-15-2017, 01:27 PM
I've been called worse. It just never dawned on me that a company would include extra batteries for their product. Who does that in this day and age? And I did read the manual. It said to place the battery on top of the PCB. Fortunately for me no harm was done. Discoveries are made through mistakes. Hopefully someone will learn through mine.

Delta
03-16-2017, 09:39 AM
I've found that once I open the FOBO App to check pressures, it continues to run in the back ground. This is not a bad thing. However, how do I stop it from doing this? I have been going to my Android Apps and doing a Force Stop, so it doesn't keep using my phone battery.