PDA

View Full Version : Motus Motorcycles

tiltingf6b
03-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Here is a desi9gned and made in the USA (Alabama) Motorcycle that uses more parts made and sourced in the USA than HD, Indian, Polaris etc.. put together. Mind you not all parts but more than all the others.
http://motusmotorcycles.com/
If you get a chance give one a test ride, even if you can't or wouldn't buy one; they are impressive.

Darren
03-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Here is a desi9gned and made in the USA (Alabama) Motorcycle that uses more parts made and sourced in the USA than HD, Indian, Polaris etc.. put together. Mind you not all parts but more than all the others.
http://motusmotorcycles.com/
If you get a chance give one a test ride, even if you can't or wouldn't buy one; they are impressive.

Impressive, if they ever make it to Canada, I'd certainly take it for a test ride.

F6B1911
03-12-2017, 05:12 PM
The BMW dealer up in Grand Rapids is a Motus dealer now.The 2017 MSTR sells for $38,273.00...The 2017 MST sells for $31,898.00....That's a niche market

jm21ddd15
03-12-2017, 06:42 PM
The BMW dealer up in Grand Rapids is a Motus dealer now.The 2017 MSTR sells for $38,273.00...The 2017 MST sells for $31,898.00....That's a niche market

Ya, they may be nice, but not worth 2 F6B's. Not even close.

Bob Penn
03-13-2017, 06:40 AM
$38 K for what? Just another MFG. following in the footsteps of Victory.

willtill
03-13-2017, 07:10 AM
Agree. CRAZY price for that motorcycle. Does it come with a "reach around"?

But hey... if we are going to expect all manufacturing jobs to return to America.. this is a taste of how prices may increase; across the product spectrum.

F6B1911
03-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Agree. CRAZY price for that motorcycle. Does it come with a "reach around"? But hey... if we are going to expect all manufacturing jobs to return to America.. this is a taste of how prices may increase; across the product spectrum. Goldwings were made in Marysville, Ohio for quite a few years, wonder if Honda will consider moving production back to the U.S.?

seadog
03-13-2017, 08:12 AM
Goldwings were made in Marysville, Ohio for quite a few years, wonder if Honda will consider moving production back to the U.S.?

I wouldn't doubt that quite a few companies will consider bringing a manufacturing facility to this country if Trump institutes an import tax on goods brought in. Something this country has been lacking for a long time.

Bob Penn
03-13-2017, 08:21 AM
Agree. CRAZY price for that motorcycle. Does it come with a "reach around"?

But hey... if we are going to expect all manufacturing jobs to return to America.. this is a taste of how prices may increase; across the product spectrum.

Jobs are a product of people having expendable income! When you have a generation coming into the job market straddled in school and other of life's debts, the last thing on the must list is extravagant over priced products. The mfg. who tries it will fail and so will the jobs.
Those who expect things are like those MFG.

Old Ryder
03-13-2017, 09:31 AM
Goldwings were made in Marysville, Ohio for quite a few years, wonder if Honda will consider moving production back to the U.S.?

VTXs were made there before the wings.

willtill
03-13-2017, 09:49 AM
VTX was a good bike

opas ride
03-13-2017, 10:42 AM
My dealer owner, who has since passed away from a blood clot at 38 years old, "Ouch", told me last fall that he had attended a meeting in Japan with Honda people that were discussing moving production of big road bikes back to the USA. Apparently the state of Kentucky had tempted them with a huge tax break to build a new plant in their state.....Never heard another word about this since, so it probably falls in the "rumor" category....Although my dealer was not one to spread rumors or talk gossip!!!....Who knows, only the Shadow knows!!!!....Ride safe

F6B1911
03-13-2017, 01:56 PM
My dealer owner, who has since passed away from a blood clot at 38 years old, "Ouch", told me last fall that he had attended a meeting in Japan with Honda people that were discussing moving production of big road bikes back to the USA. Apparently the state of Kentucky had tempted them with a huge tax break to build a new plant in their state.....Never heard another word about this since, so it probably falls in the "rumor" category....Although my dealer was not one to spread rumors or talk gossip!!!....Who knows, only the Shadow knows!!!!....Ride safe One would think the U.S. must be the largest market for the big touring bikes?? Or at least North America??

stepbill
03-13-2017, 07:10 PM
VTX was a good bike

I miss mine sometimes.......

Darren
03-13-2017, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't doubt that quite a few companies will consider bringing a manufacturing facility to this country if Trump institutes an import tax on goods brought in. Something this country has been lacking for a long time.

Might still be cheaper to pay the import duty than pay the tax on the imported parts

3Chief
03-14-2017, 02:30 AM
I miss mine sometimes.......

I still have mine, couldn't bare to let her go. She holds a place of honor in the stable.

tiltingf6b
03-14-2017, 06:13 AM
$38 K for what? Just another MFG. following in the footsteps of Victory.

This is def. not a victory - no old school v-twin - but if you refer to a company trying to MAKE IT - you have to wait and see. Never sell a start up short. never discourage American ingenuity.

2wheelsforme
03-14-2017, 06:32 AM
Visited the Motus dealership/factory last summer. It looks to be a fine motorcycle with a great engine. Part of the high expense is it comes with all the after market up grades one might want to make their sport bike a top performer. Yes it is a sport bike and no cruiser type bike offered at all. Would live to see that V-4 in a touring type bike built for the long haul but the Owners said they have no interest in that direction. Performance is the name of the game and Motus is in the running.

VStarRider
03-14-2017, 10:19 AM
I spent about 20 minutes on their website. Man, how much did investors pour into this company to get it going? It appears as though they designed their own longitudinally mounted V4 from scratch. If you listen to the audio files, it sounds very powerful. Checking out the specs, it looks like it makes plenty of power by 3500 rpm, so it doesn't need to rev high, but power grows exponentially if it is revved.

I like their mission and vision, which is based on passion. That will attract buyers, particularly those first-followers who like to have the newest and neatest technology. Based on their website, they are giving people reasons why to buy their product for reasons bigger than how it performs on paper or in a road test. Companies like that tend to be successful. Apple is the best known example of attracting people to their product by appealing to something beyond the actual product.

I wish them luck.