PDA

View Full Version : Heated grips fuse

stevenolts
03-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Which fuse is for the heated grips? I just installed the heated grips and before I put the bike back together I thought I should test them. I get no light and no heat so far. Steve

stevenolts
03-18-2017, 02:16 PM
Will they not heat or light up if it the temp is too high?

JGF6B
03-18-2017, 03:07 PM
F9, center column 4th from end, 5A.

stevenolts
03-18-2017, 03:23 PM
That fuse #9 is ok
I guess I need to check if there is power to the leads form the bike.
I need to check the continuity on the grips leads.

These are brand new OEM heated grips from the Honda dealer.
Steve

shortleg0521
03-18-2017, 03:52 PM
That fuse #9 is ok
I guess I need to check if there is power to the leads form the bike.
I need to check the continuity on the grips leads.

These are brand new OEM heated grips from the Honda dealer.
Steve

You should have voltage on the green/white in the bike side of harness. And a red I think on the grip side.
Also they do not come on until the bike is up to 14.2 volts. That is a few moments after starting.
I had trouble with mine because the bullet ends were not making contact. I had to use a straight pin through
the wire to find voltage. Check for ohms in the grips, think about 4 or so.

stevenolts
03-18-2017, 07:17 PM
When I tested the bike wire to the heated grip switch there was good voltage. I then connected the wires and started the bike and within a minute it lit up and is working good now. I have the whole bike back together accept for the seat and grab rails. It was time to go out to dinner with my wife so I will have to complete the job after she goes to bed. I am so excited to test so I know I will be out at midnight tonight to test the heated grips.
Steve

stevenolts
03-19-2017, 12:17 AM
The heated grips work great. 40 degrees for the test ride with light leather gloves.
High was almost too hot
Med was almost too hot
low was just right / barely feel it but hands were not cold

These will be great along with my Tourmaster heated liner under Klim Overland jacket, Klim Lattitude pants, Bates boots, and light leather gloves.
I will be waterproof and ready for anything heat, cold, or rain.
I should be warm down into the 20 degree weather now.
Steve