View Full Version : Getting Started

Paul B Blues
10-04-2013, 10:31 AM
At last, work has started on my Trike Conversation. Roll on November :clap2:

Scotrod
10-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Step one. Place on lift and open RHS saddlebag! :icon_biggrin:

heh heh heh!

Had heard that they were delayed on your trike due to some special part(s) It's got to feel good to finally get it going!!!! :yes:

I've never seen the trike conversion process. All I've ever seen was the finished product. I think some shots of 'what it looks like' at various intervals would be sweet!

F6B-RICH
10-04-2013, 12:34 PM
May I ask why you are going trike?

hiflyer
10-04-2013, 01:30 PM
There's a black F6B trike on the floor in Shawnee OK.

Steve 0080
10-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Paul, atleast you have the fastest Black one !!!!!! I know you can't wait !!!!!!!!!! :clap2:

Paul B Blues
10-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks Guys,

I have been promised new pictures every Friday, so yeah, I'll post them on here when I get them. Rich I'm having to trike my F6B because I am a Disabled Rider and a wheelchair user. Been in a wheelchair since Oct 2001 after a bike accident. This is me and my Rune Trike, and yes Steve I am can't wait my friend. It's been over a year since I was last on a bike, and I really miss the road.

F6B-RICH
10-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Ok thanks for the info Paul.I had a 2010 Canam Spyder RS for 3 years so I was just wondering.The F6B trike looks good from a few pics I saw on Ebay.I look forward to
seeing the pics as she is getting done and the final product.Good luck Paul :icon_cool:

Paul B Blues
10-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Ok thanks for the info Paul.I had a 2010 Canam Spyder RS for 3 years so I was just wondering.The F6B trike looks good from a few pics I saw on Ebay.I look forward to
seeing the pics as she is getting done and the final product.Good luck Paul :icon_cool:

Hey Rich,

No problems, I have seen a few of those Spyders around here, they look good and my pal is planning to get one once his son goes to college. His son is 8 weeks old, so he's planning ahead for sure :shock:

Paul B........:icon_cool:

Steve 0080
10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Yes Paul.... the wind will feel good/great !!!!!! and you will have the only trike on that side of the pond !!!

MichaelG
10-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Paul, I am excited that you will get your face in the wind once again. Please keep us informed, as we all are with you on this project. :icon_biggrin:

Trike lady
10-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Congrats with the start of the trike build.

Scotrod
10-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Over a year w/o riding, and then getting back in the saddle!?!??!

A BRAND NEW saddle at that!!!!,

Oh HECK YA!!!! :yes: :woohoo:

Paul B Blues
10-05-2013, 05:19 AM
Thanks Everyone,

Yes it will be the first F6B trike in the UK as far as I know, and certainly the only one in Scotland. There has been a few weeks delay on the build as I had to wait for a new differential to be made for me. As Trike Lady will know in most cases you have to add an external reverse gearbox to the diff. This will allow me to reverse the trike as I can't get off and push it due to my paralysis. However the builders have found a guy that has developed a diff with the reverse gear incorporated in the same box, it's being used for racing cars. This means that the trike will be a little shorter, I mean no extra box added to the diff. They are made to order so I had to wait my turn to get my built. But the Trike Shop have it now, so it's all systems go :clap2:

It's been a long year without being in the saddle, and I can't wait to get onto this one. It's not until you can't do something that you realise just how much you miss it. In July three of my biker brothers visited from Ireland, I had to sit and watch them ride off for a day trip to the Isle of Skye :icon_frown: Two days later I ordered my F6B, and now I'll have it in a few weeks :icon_razz:

MichaelG
10-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Paul, next year I already have plans to fly over to Edinburgh, and ride with a couple friends over tthere. These are guys you have probably heard of, and they are willing to lend me one of their bikes, as we tour all of Scotland, parts of Ireland, most of Wales, and a very few places in that other country...er...oh yeah..England. Anyway, not wanting to be an ass by dropping big names here (anymore than Hornblower already thinks I am :icon_wink:), but the guys I am visiting with, and staying with, are E.M. and C.B. I think you can figure that out. :shhh:

When I come out next late Spring, how about if I get together with you for a lunch, and the four of us can chew the fat, so to speak ? :biggthumpup:

Paul B Blues
10-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Paul, next year I already have plans to fly over to Edinburgh, and ride with a couple friends over tthere. These are guys you have probably heard of, and they are willing to lend me one of their bikes, as we tour all of Scotland, parts of Ireland, most of Wales, and a very few places in that other country...er...oh yeah..England. Anyway, not wanting to be an ass by dropping big names here (anymore than Hornblower already thinks I am :icon_wink:), but the guys I am visiting with, and staying with, are E.M. and C.B. I think you can figure that out. :shhh:

When I come out next late Spring, how about if I get together with you for a lunch, and the four of us can chew the fat, so to speak ? :biggthumpup:

Hi Miles,

You're on my friend. E.M. knows this area well as his brother used to live about 40 minutes from here. :icon_cool: So yeah lets get together and have a chat. Should be a good laugh, as we all have something in common.

All the very best.

Paul B..........:icon_cool:

srkeet
10-05-2013, 10:23 PM
:icon_cool: Paul,

What happened to your Rune trike? That had to be a real conversation piece! Can you ride in the winter there? I've not been there but have heard it's quite cool in the winter.

God bless,

srkeet

Paul B Blues
10-06-2013, 03:06 AM
:icon_cool: Paul,

What happened to your Rune trike? That had to be a real conversation piece! Can you ride in the winter there? I've not been there but have heard it's quite cool in the winter.

God bless,

srkeet

Hi srkeet,

I sold the Rune and it's helping to fund the conversation on the F6B. I'd had it for 8 years and it was time for a change. I did love the look of it, and it was a joy to ride. However all that beautiful chrome takes a lot of looking after, and as winter here is always a long and snowy affair the roads get plenty of salt, which loves to eat that same chrome. It got to the point that I where I didn't want to take it out, and that was a real shame. There are a few folk who will ride over the winter, but generally we don't ride between Nov/March. I'd love to live somewhere it was sunny most of the time, but that's not here....lol :icon_wink:

Paul B...............:icon_cool:

Scotrod
10-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Sounds like the roads could be pretty sloppy at times,,,

We all have our preferences, but was temperature/personal comfort also a reason not to ride? Lots more wind protection on the F6B

Paul B Blues
10-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Sounds like the roads could be pretty sloppy at times,,,

We all have our preferences, but was temperature/personal comfort also a reason not to ride? Lots more wind protection on the F6B

The roads are very dirty Scotrod, after a couple of years of lacklustre gritting the roads dept like to lay it on pretty thick around here. I live above the snow line "Yeah I know, not very smart for a wheelchair user" so we get snow when the city only nine miles away gets zip!

As for comfort and temperature, I did have an King Rune seat with a backrest, which was a real plus as my spinal injury is at T4 level, which is high chest and that means I have no core stability. I've bought a Cee Baileys 11" screen and the Utopia backrest, but to be honest I have no sensation below my injury, so I can't tell if it's gonna be comfortable as I can't feel it!

Paul B Blues
10-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Couple more pictures of the work in progress....

2513 2514

Scotrod
10-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Torn down, to say the least!!! Is that your new final drive/rear diff in the lower RH corner of pic 1?

Paul B Blues
10-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Torn down, to say the least!!! Is that your new final drive/rear diff in the lower RH corner of pic 1?

No Scotrod that one isn't mine. They have stripped down the bike in prep for mine to arrive, which is any day now. They are also looking at doing any other mods I have asked for such as HID and running lights, they need to crack on and get as much done as it's already a few weeks late.

Bob the bike
10-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Hi Paul, Good to see that the Trike conversion is getting started. I had a Grinnall trike a few years ago, based on the BMW R1200C. Great fun but I was not happy with the fuel range. You should find the F6B much better in that respect. I seem to get about 50MPG no matter how I ride it!
What are your plans for the bits you are removing from the bike? I am looking forward to seeing your photographs of the build.
The Billy no Mates won't work on this Forum. If you own a F6B you will find you have many Mates.

Paul B Blues
10-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Hi Bob,

Yes I know of the Grinnall Trikes, they do make some beautiful looking machines. I know what you mean about this forum, I have to say you do get a very warm and friendly feeling here :icon_biggrin: the trike Shop will be keeping the bits that come off, I'm not sure what they'll do with them. I will keep the pictures coming, I'm already very excited from what I've seen. All the best mate.

Paul B...........:yes:

Trike lady
10-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Your trikes are styled differently than ours in the states.
I'm interested in seeing the steps taken to build your trike.
Here in the states the units are mass produced and either sold for dealer install or by the bike owner.

MichaelG
10-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Your trikes are styled differently than ours in the states.

That is because they ride on the opposite side of the road :shock: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol:

Paul B Blues
10-09-2013, 12:25 PM
I know the kind of thing you are taking about Trike Lady, and that style is available over here too. The Trike Shop make their own back ends to suit the bike they are triking. For me I need the more open style as I need to put the rear wheel in between my wheelchair wheels. That allows me to get close enough to lift onto the riders seat, grab the handlebars and haul my ass up and onto the seat. Getting off is just the reverse of course. Here are some examples to look at.

2550 2551

Trike lady
10-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Now those trikes look cool and different.
I'm so used to seeing the full fiberglass body trikes.

Paul B Blues
10-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Now those trikes look cool and different.
I'm so used to seeing the full fiberglass body trikes.

Here is their latest show trike, they called it "The Bitch" :shock:

Trike lady
10-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Now that's different, looks like the rear wheels are set closer together than a standard trike axle.

Paul B Blues
10-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Well at last the new diff has arrived and is now being added to the back end and the frame is being welded.

For the technically minded here are the guys who make it, and this what it does.

http://www.eliteracingtransmissions.com/ https://www.highpowermedia.com/RET-Monitor/3028/motorcycle-engined-cars

Paul B............:icon_lol:

Paul B Blues
10-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Here is a new DN-01 Trike from the same guys who are building mine :clap2:

Scotrod
10-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Well at last the new diff has arrived and is now being added to the back end and the frame is being welded.

For the technically minded here are the guys who make it, and this what it does.

http://www.eliteracingtransmissions.com/ https://www.highpowermedia.com/RET-Monitor/3028/motorcycle-engined-cars

Paul B............:icon_lol:

SWEEEEEET!!!!!

Curious,,, as it appears you have a wide range of final gear choices,,, what 'direction' are you headed in? Do you want to end up with as close to OEM Honda as possible? Little taller? Little shorter?

Wheel size, GVW, all are factors, and you've already had an excellent 'taste' of a comparable powertrain/final set-up with your Rune.

There are days when I wish the GL final drive was just a tad higher. (less rpm at higway speeds, but only because I seem to 'run out' of higher gears to shift to at about 40 mph! LOL!
Certainly no issue with the flat six running 'whatever' rpm you need,,, and I do like the wide power-band,,,

Probably wouln't make much difference either way, but if I had to choose something different, I'd probably wish for 'higher' instead of 'lower'

I'm sure you'll be running a taller tire than, OEM,,,, What tire / final ratio will you be running?

Scotrod
10-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Here is a new DN-01 Trike from the same guys who are building mine :clap2:

Looks like 2 levers on RH side of bars. Interesting! Wondering how that works,,,:iduno:

To me, it's too dayum cool to safely get folks out with their 'knees in the breeze' when 'conventional' equipment might not won't work for 'em!!!

Got a guy here in Houston I see every now and then on a Spyder. Zippin down the road just as easy as you please with his chair on the back. All I can say is HELL YA!!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Paul B Blues
10-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Well here are another couple of pictures for you. As you can see the back axle is now on. There are still a few bits to be fitted to the suspension, it all has to be painted "Black" of course, but you are starting to get an idea of what the thing will look like. Black wheels and normal car tyres, with one of Neil's Skull badges in the centre hub.

The new diff with the reverse gear is in and the 4to1 ratio is the same as on a standard bike. Unfortunately I'll not be able to use the panniers, they had to be cut into to make room for the suspension arms. They will be made to look pretty much as normal with a new fibreglass shell, and then they will be sealed. I will have access to the be able to clean and maintain the bits underneath.

Paul B Blues
10-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Looks like 2 levers on RH side of bars. Interesting! Wondering how that works,,,:iduno:

To me, it's too dayum cool to safely get folks out with their 'knees in the breeze' when 'conventional' equipment might not won't work for 'em!!!

Got a guy here in Houston I see every now and then on a Spyder. Zippin down the road just as easy as you please with his chair on the back. All I can say is HELL YA!!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Scotrod the twin levers on the right hand side are dual break levers. The rider of this machine like myself is paralysed from the chest down, so we have no movement in our legs and feet, so we cannot apply the foot break. So the breaks are linked to this front set of levers, and can be applied separately or simultaneously :icon_wink:

On the left hand side there is a Klicktronic gear changer fitted that allows us to change gear http://www.kliktronic.co.uk/

Paul B....:icon_cool:

F6B-RICH
10-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Paul B it is coming out nice.It will be one sweet machine when she is done.You have to be going nuts waiting for the day that you ride her for the first time.

Paul B Blues
10-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Paul B it is coming out nice.It will be one sweet machine when she is done.You have to be going nuts waiting for the day that you ride her for the first time.

Rich my friend you have no idea just how much I am looking froward to this, it will be here in about 5 ever so long weeks. Just in time for Christmas Ho Ho Ho!!

Trike lady
10-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Looking good. Nicely made axle, looks lighter than the ones made in the states.

Paul B Blues
10-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Looking good. Nicely made axle, looks lighter than the ones made in the states.

Yes it's going to be a little shorter and lighter than the Rune. Don't get me wrong I loved the Rune, but she was a Big Girl :shock:

F6B-RICH
10-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Rich my friend you have no idea just how much I am looking froward to this, it will be here in about 5 ever so long weeks. Just in time for Christmas Ho Ho Ho!!

I know this is not your first trike but the first day you sit and start it up the look on your face (I wish I could be there) is going to be priceless :icon_cool:

Paul B Blues
10-30-2013, 01:18 PM
I'll let you into a little secret Rich, on my first visit to the Trike Shop just a couple of years after my accident, I managed to get myself onto a Triumph Rocket III Trike. I then cried my eyes out :icon_frown: because for me it was a very emotional time. I was then told that it wasn't unusual for folk to cry first time they remount a bike, but then I saw the Rune, and then I smiled. So soppy, but true.

kjelders
10-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Can't wait to see a picture of you sitting on your new F6B trike Paul.

Paul B Blues
10-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Can't wait to see a picture of you sitting on your new F6B trike Paul.

As soon as it gets here I'll be on it and the pictures taken, I hope I remember to get dressed first!! :moon:

kjelders
10-30-2013, 03:12 PM
As soon as it gets here I'll be on it and the pictures taken, I hope I remember to get dressed first!! :moon:

ok....I can WAIT to see that one, but any others with you fully dressed will be ok! :icon_mrgreen:

Paul B Blues
11-23-2013, 06:58 AM
OK, we are now making progress. She is back at the shop now, fibreglass is done, the cage an other components have now been powder coated black. It's now time to start putting it all back together. I have been promised delivery within the next three weeks.

Bob the bike
11-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Looking good Paul, Looks like you may get to ride it on Christmas day............if the snow goes away! Have you been given a membership number for 'double darkside'? If Miles got his for going over to a CT, you must qualify.
Can't wait to see this finished, the Trike shop have done a great job. :cheers:

Paul B Blues
11-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Hi Bob, If Christmas day is as mild as it's forecast then I might just go and annoy the neighbours. I can blast out all my favourite Christmas Blues tracks, just to get us all in the mood :icon_cool: I'll wait until I have the finished bike before I apply for membership of the Dark side, just in case I don't qualify .batman-smiley.

Paul B...........:icon_cool:

GONRDN
11-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Paul, you really seem like a true gentleman. I compliment you on your way of dealing with everyday life, things we all take for granted. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to be back "in the seat". I had a bad accident on the parkway by me (head-on collision. Yes on my bike) Needless to say after about a year of rehab on my hips and right knee operation, the joy of just sitting on a bike brought tears to my eyes. I'm one of the lucky ones to come out pretty much unscathed. All body parts are functional:icon_lol:. And yes, I'm man enough to admit that my first ride from the dealer, all the way home, brought tears to my eyes. So, ride on my friend and best of luck with the trike.

MichaelG
11-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Oh, Paul, you "will" qualify for the double darkside. And the work on the new trike looks good.

:bf8:

bob109
11-24-2013, 10:10 AM
OK, we are now making progress. She is back at the shop now, fibreglass is done, the cage an other components have now been powder coated black. It's now time to start putting it all back together. I have been promised delivery within the next three weeks.

Paul:

Looks like you're twice a "Dark Side Rider" with those two beautiful directional rear radials:clap2: The thread design looks like those of a General Altimax. Along with that great independent suspension your trike will track like it was on rails. Keep the pictures coming. They are great and thanks for sharing.

P.S. Throw a B45 Battleax on the front and you'll be a Triple Dark Side Rider:icon_biggrin:

Bob

Phantom
11-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Paul:

Looks like you're twice a "Dark Side Rider" with those two beautiful directional rear radials:clap2: The thread design looks like those of a General Altimax. Along with that great independent suspension your trike will track like it was on rails. Keep the pictures coming. They are great and thanks for sharing.

Bob
I agree with Bob and all others, Thank You for sharing. .notworthy.

Is it safe to say that that this F6B will have a Reverse?

F6B-RICH
11-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Looks good Paul. It is going to be one cool ride. Keep the pics coming.

bobbyf6b
11-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Looking good! I wonder how it sounds without the mufflers. :shock:

Deer Slayer
11-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Your trike is looking great. I too admire what you do. I know you can not wait. I rode my F6B home with bandaged knees and two fractered bones on 9 July. I just could not have someone ride it home or trailer it. Adding my stuff to it was great therapy. Good Luck.

Paul B Blues
11-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks Guys,

I really do appreciate all your comments. I am happy to go over to the dark side, the view better from over there I'm told :041: As for what it would sound like without the mufflers, well I'd say a horny bull on Viagra, but that's just a guess :icon_laugh: I do have a reverse gear, and it's built into the diff, I had to wait for it to be built for me and that caused a two month delay, but I've been assured it is worth it.

I know that once it gets here I'm going to get very emotional about it, yes I've had the Rune, but somehow this feels different. I think being able to share the whole thing with you guys is making it a much better experience, and shows just what kind of people we are, and how much our rides and lifestyles mean to us. Sorry if that's a bit wet guys :icon_redface:

More pictures to come just as soon as I get them. Thanks again.

Paul B......:icon_cool:

Paul B Blues
11-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi Guys,

I have more pictures for you and I'll post them just as soon as the glitches are sorted. You can see the trike taking shape now, and it's now just the fiddly bits that will take longer to do.

Paul B......:icon_cool:

Paul B Blues
12-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi Guys,

Here are some new pictures, she is going to be big 'n' beautiful :icon_razz:

F6B-RICH
12-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Hell yeah Paul looking good.Looking at your F6B apart gets me excited to tear mine apart for my winter mods.

Paul B Blues
12-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Hell yeah Paul looking good.Looking at your F6B apart gets me excited to tear mine apart for my winter mods.

Ha ha, yes I can imagine it would Rich. No time like the present to get those spanners out. I'm looking forward to hearing what those new pipes sound like, they are gonna wake up the neighbourhood.

4DI2D
12-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Did the builder offer any tech tips on how they coped with Honda's linked braking system?

Paul B Blues
12-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Did the builder offer any tech tips on how they coped with Honda's linked braking system?

As far as I'm aware, as with the Rune there won't be a linked braking system. The new back end will have it's own independent brakes, and for me the leaver will be on the right of the handle bars. There are some things that can't be saved on this conversation, the linked brakes and panniers are two of them. :icon_rolleyes:

Scotrod
12-03-2013, 09:34 PM
. I'm looking forward to hearing what those new pipes sound like, they are gonna wake up the neighbourhood.

Lookin good Paul!!!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

I noticed the pipes,,, If they are as loud as they look,, heh heh heh, they WILL hear ya coming!!! :icon_biggrin: AND going!!! LOL!!!

I am READY to see it all buttoned up and ready to roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggthumpup:

Steve 0080
12-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Well Paul.... the days are ticking down..... won't be long now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:041:

Paul B Blues
12-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Well Paul.... the days are ticking down..... won't be long now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:041:

Yes the wait is nearly over, and as I have been promised delivery before Christmas I had better get my garage space cleared. More pictures on Friday, and by then we see more bits added. They have ridden her around the compound to check the brakes, which are working fine. Now it's just the rest of the add on bits, plus my wheelchair rack. I'll put the pics on here just as soon as I get them:039:

Paul B Blues
12-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are almost done, and don't Neil's badges look fantastic.

bob109
12-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Ladies and Gentleman,

We are almost done, and don't Neil's badges look fantastic.

Paul:

Once again thanks for sharing the great pics. Curious at to the tire size and manufacturer! They are definitely directional!

Bob

Paul B Blues
12-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Hi Bob,

Just going to find out the make, and size. I'll stick the details on here too. .batman-smilie.

Paul B.......

F6B-RICH
12-06-2013, 08:50 AM
I can smell the exhaust fumes Paul she is almost done 'riding'

MichaelG
12-06-2013, 09:00 AM
It's a beaut...Paul, and I like the new badges, and the Dual 960 LED's as lower fog lights will really help light up the road.

The PT-F6B is coming together very nicely.

That's...Paul's Trike...F6B. :clap2:

Scotrod
12-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt!!!!!!!

REALLY starting to get a glimpse of the finished look!!! Heck yeah!!!!!!!

Big Jay
12-06-2013, 11:21 AM
That's looking awesome . What a great Christmas present, enjoy.:biggthumpup:

Paul B Blues
12-06-2013, 12:15 PM
OMG I can't wait.... Thanks Guys, they have done the seat now and both backrests have been fitted, the Utopia and stock backrests that is. My wheelchair rack that goes behind me, has been powder coated black today, so that's done too. Week after next I should have it. :icon_razz:

Bob the tires are Sagitar P607 225/45ZR17 and I'm told they aren't "Directional"

One of Neil's winged skull badges is going in the centre of each wheel :yes:

Paul B...........batman-smilie.

Hambly434
12-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Paul your machine is looking awesome. I don't know how you get any sleep at night with it being so close to completion.
I agree with BigJay you win the best Christmas gift award.
Please pass on our compliments to shop owner and employees they've done a great job.

Paul B Blues
12-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Paul your machine is looking awesome. I don't know how you get any sleep at night with it being so close to completion.
I agree with BigJay you win the best Christmas gift award.
Please pass on our compliments to shop owner and employees they've done a great job.

Neil I'm not sleeping, I am counting sheep most nights :crazy2: I can't wait for Fridays to get some pictures. It is going to be a fantastic Christmas present, and I'm expecting to get pictures of the finished trike next week :yes:

Paul B.......:icon_cool:

Trike lady
12-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Now that's a fantastic looking trike. I like the way they left the original back end in place and fitted the axle.

Paul B Blues
12-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Now that's a fantastic looking trike. I like the way they left the original back end in place and fitted the axle.

Thanks TL, I think it's important to keep as much of the original bike as possible, the back end of the F6B is what makes it look so good. The panniers are only shells, which cover the running gear, but I didn't want to loose the look they give. The only thing that's still there is the MP3 connection.

Paul B.........:icon_cool:

Deer Slayer
12-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Paul that is a bitchin machine! :Saweeet smilie:

MichaelG
12-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Paul, please tell us./..what size T-shirts do you and your wife wear ? It is Christmas time, ya, know ??????????:bf8:

And, please send me a PM with your mailing/shipping address.

Paul B Blues
12-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Paul, please tell us./..what size T-shirts do you and your wife wear ? It is Christmas time, ya, know ??????????:bf8:

And, please send me a PM with your mailing/shipping address.

Thanks Miles I'll do that my friend.

Paul B Blues
12-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Well it seems that it was all going too smoothly :icon_frown: After putting everything back together they took her for a test drive.....look what happened :shock: 3312 After a two month delay waiting for this diff, it's first full test and it's not doing to well to put it mildly. It's on it's way back to the manufacturers and they PROMISE to have a new fully working one back to the shop by Friday! I am seriously disappointed. :icon_frown:

bob109
12-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Paul:

Sorry to hear about the setback. Looking at the picture that is a serious fracture. Hope once the company analyzes the returned case they figure out what went wrong and it's not something inherent with the case design.

Bob

Paul B Blues
12-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Paul:

Sorry to hear about the setback. Looking at the picture that is a serious fracture. Hope once the company analyzes the returned case they figure out what went wrong and it's not something inherent with the case design.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

They said they were having problems selecting gear, as if the ratio was wrong. It's only when they took it back to the shop they spotted the BIG HOLE in the case. They use these diffs on racing cars, so they are tried and tested under extreme conditions 'riding'

I'll keep you posted. :banghead:

Scotrod
12-10-2013, 08:50 AM
They use these diffs on racing cars, so they are tried and tested under extreme conditions

That was the impression I had, which makes a major failure like this one very 'peculiar',,, It isn't like this is the first gearbox the company has made nor is it the first box the Trike company has installed,,, WTH???!!!???!!!

Only 'good' thing is,,, if it had to happen, at least it happened BEFORE you took posession and got stuck alongside the road!!!!

Hang in there, Paul!!!

Hambly434
12-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Well Paul I guess that's what testing is for.
Better now than in April or May when your just getting primed up for the riding season.
I'm betting Santa and his elves will still get that machine under your tree by xmas.
We're all pulling for you.

Paul B Blues
12-10-2013, 10:59 AM
That was the impression I had, which makes a major failure like this one very 'peculiar',,, It isn't like this is the first gearbox the company has made nor is it the first box the Trike company has installed,,, WTH???!!!???!!!

Only 'good' thing is,,, if it had to happen, at least it happened BEFORE you took posession and got stuck alongside the road!!!!

Hang in there, Paul!!!

Yes Scotrod I agree, it would have been a real messy situation. I now have the problem of a confidence issue with the diff, as I won't be riding it at all until maybe March, I will just have to hope and pray it was a one off.

Paul B......batman-smilie.

Scotrod
12-10-2013, 11:17 AM
I now have the problem of a confidence issue with the diff,

Paul B......batman-smilie.

I understand completely how you feel, but,,,,,

As catastrophic as the failure was, and at such an early point in the box's life,,,,, The chance of an identical repeat failure somewhere down the road would be virtually nil,,

Something was FUBAR with the first set up as it died in testing,,, Wrong enough that it should be easy to tell what went wrong as Owner abuse, wear, maintenance, etc, etc, were never a part of the problem. It 'did what it did' very early in life, and the 'smoking gun' has only few places to hide,,,

You know all eyes will be upon the 2nd box and they'll be testing it before you get the trike.

Paul B Blues
12-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Well Paul I guess that's what testing is for.
Better now than in April or May when your just getting primed up for the riding season.
I'm betting Santa and his elves will still get that machine under your tree by xmas.
We're all pulling for you.

Right now Neil I am still be promised pre Christmas delivery, they are good guys at the Trike Shop, and I know if they can deliver they will. :yes:

Paul B Blues
12-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I understand completely how you feel, but,,,,,

As catastrophic as the failure was, and at such an early point in the box's life,,,,, The chance of an identical repeat failure somewhere down the road would be virtually nil,,

Something was FUBAR with the first set up as it died in testing,,, Wrong enough that it should be easy to tell what went wrong as Owner abuse, wear, maintenance, etc, etc, were never a part of the problem. It 'did what it did' very early in life, and the 'smoking gun' has only few places to hide,,,

You know all eyes will be upon the 2nd box and they'll be testing it before you get the trike.

You are quite right of course, I know that for it to FUBAR so early on the fault must be an obvious one. :banghead:

Bob the bike
12-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear about the Trike problems Paul.
I have got my fingers and everything else crossed for good luck that you manage to ride the Trike for christmas.
The pictures are great...........keep them coming. Bob.

Scotrod
12-10-2013, 11:12 PM
You are quite right of course, I know that for it to FUBAR so early on the fault must be an obvious one. :banghead:

Heh heh heh! Tell them you don't want one that was put together at quitting time on a Friday before Holiday!!!! :yikes:

:joke:

Would LOVE to hear WTH went wrong with the first one,,, We all know CHIT happens, but was the "upper cog placed on the lower shaft" at the factory,,, maybe a "shifting-related disaster",,, or,,,???

(I have a strange attraction to mechanical chit that got TORE UP BIG TIME unexpectedly by the 'yet-unknown',,, Kinda like a mechanical version of 'crime-solvers') :shock:

Paul B Blues
12-11-2013, 04:34 AM
Heh heh heh! Tell them you don't want one that was put together at quitting time on a Friday before Holiday!!!! :yikes:

:joke:

Would LOVE to hear WTH went wrong with the first one,,, We all know CHIT happens, but was the "upper cog placed on the lower shaft" at the factory,,, maybe a "shifting-related disaster",,, or,,,???

(I have a strange attraction to mechanical chit that got TORE UP BIG TIME unexpectedly by the 'yet-unknown',,, Kinda like a mechanical version of 'crime-solvers') :shock:

Ha ha, yes I guessed you liked the mechanical side of things Scotrod, and I promise just as soon as I find out what DID go wrong I'll put it on here. I wanna find out what happened too :yes:

Paul B Blues
12-11-2013, 04:37 AM
Sorry to hear about the Trike problems Paul.
I have got my fingers and everything else crossed for good luck that you manage to ride the Trike for christmas.
The pictures are great...........keep them coming. Bob.

Cheers Bob, I am optimistic that I'll get her before the big day, and as the weather is set to be mild for a while yet, I'll put a few mile on her too.

Steve 0080
12-11-2013, 09:23 AM
One small set back , a preview for better days.......batman-smilie.

Paul B Blues
12-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Well I've just had an update from the Trike Shop, and in a nut shell this is what happened. The diff the company sent wasn't the diff for my bike, it was for a Suzuki which is being triked. My diff was the first one ordered, four weeks later they ordered the Suzuki. The gearing in the Suzuki is in reverse to the F6B, so it was running the wrong way round hence the big hold in the casing. So now MY diff has been fitted and the conversation in now complete . I have some great pictures which I'll post on here tomorrow. So it's all done and is looking great. Cheers Guys.

Paul B..........batman-smilie.

Deer Slayer
12-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the update. :cheers:

Scotrod
12-13-2013, 01:27 PM
The diff the company sent wasn't the diff for my bike, it was for a Suzuki.

Paul B..........batman-smilie.

:yikes:

:banghead:

:spank:

:021:

:067:

Steve 0080
12-13-2013, 01:31 PM
That was an exspensive mistake !!!!!

Paul B Blues
12-13-2013, 01:42 PM
OK Guys,

Here are the final pictures from the Trike Shop, next pictures will be in my driveway :yes:

She had just been for her second test ride hence the dirt. She will never be that dirty again I can promise you that!!! Sorry, that's the soldier in me!

Hornblower
12-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Paul--

I've been meaning to ask...looking at your Avatar, are you a musician too?

Back to the subject--No doubt, you have one special machine there :clap2: I hope you have many enjoyable hours riding it.

One nitpick I noticed...the 960 running light on the photo left side appears to be installed crooked. Having done that install on my bike, I can see how that could have happened. Unless this was some kind of optical illusion caused by the camera, you might want to have the guys correct that. Congratulations on finishing this cool project!

Paul B Blues
12-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks Hornblower I will ask them about that. No I'm no musician I'm afraid, but I do host a Blues show on my Internet Radio site.

Bob the bike
12-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Looking good Paul.
Great to see that the Trike shop completed in time for Christmas. I like the way the build kept to the spirit of the F6B rear end shape. Fantastic job, I know you are going to love it.
Hopefully the next photos will be you sitting on it with a great big smile on your face.
Enjoy................Bob.'fireworks'

MichaelG
12-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Paul, it looks good.

Recommend a Front Fender Extender...as you can already see the road grime being thrown onto the front of the engine from the short front fender.

There are several of them to choose from. I went with the Fenda Extenda, which is a flat black, and works real good for me. It is easy to find the "chrome" one, but...then you either have to paint it black, spray it with Plasti-Dip, or...join Steve in the QFC gang. "coffee"

Scotrod
12-13-2013, 08:52 PM
:yes::yes::yes:

:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

AND,,, I want a sound clip of those muffs!!!

CONGRATULATIONS PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deer Slayer
12-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Looking good Paul. Miles is right on with the need of a fender extension. See ya.:alc:

Trike lady
12-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Looks awesome and a great Christmas gift. Enjoy.

Paul B Blues
12-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Paul, it looks good.

Recommend a Front Fender Extender...as you can already see the road grime being thrown onto the front of the engine from the short front fender.

There are several of them to choose from. I went with the Fenda Extenda, which is a flat black, and works real good for me. It is easy to find the "chrome" one, but...then you either have to paint it black, spray it with Plasti-Dip, or...join Steve in the QFC gang. "coffee"

Thanks Miles, I have the Fenda Extenda in black on the way. The Rune had a very long front fender and it protected the very fine looking rad, so something as simple as this will help indeed. .batman-smilie.

bobbyf6b
12-14-2013, 09:26 AM
I can't remember if anyone asked but are the bags still functional?

Paul B Blues
12-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I can't remember if anyone asked but are the bags still functional?

No I'm afraid they aren't, the only part that's left in the MP3 connector.

MichaelG
12-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Paul, from that picture, it looks as though you still have "some" styorage room inside those saddlebags. Enough that you could store emergency items like a tool kit...a first aid kit...a tire repair kit...blah blah blah. Things that you do not need to get to on a daily basis.

As we all know, every little bit of storage space on a motorcycle needs to be utilized. It "looks" like you still have 50% of the usable space still available.

"coffee"

Scotrod
12-14-2013, 11:30 AM
To 'do it right'/weather-resistant would require some thinkin,,,,

Could it be done? Sure. One way might end up with 'mini' compartments with the hinges located just above the suspension. Kind of a 'how bad do you want it?' situation that would change the appearance of the otherwise smooth one piece lids.

But,,,,, How difficult is it to remove the lids as-is? (I assume the lids currently connect along the bottom perimeter of the axle well w/bolts - screws? :shrug:)

If nothing else,,,,, perhaps the bottom edge of the lids could be made with a tang to drop in a slot,,,, just enough pivot to release OEM latches, swing top of lid out a little, pick up to remove entire lid, (and then watch your stuff fall out on ground,, LOL!)

Sealing/rattles/ and structural reinforcement of the lids would have to be addressed,,, Fun to think about!

Paul B Blues
12-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Yeah they were specially converted to keep the back end as much to the original as possible. It was an expensive job, so I'm expecting they are weather proof. The plan was that I could still get access to the running gear for cleaning and maintenance. These are all question I'll answer when I get my hands on her, but if I can use any of the space wisely I will. Here is another picture for you, it shows new foot plates and straps to hold my feet in place. The silver cylinder is the Klicktronic gear change, which I operate by a switch on the left handlebar.

MichaelG
12-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Paul, what is the lever that is between the passenger footpeg, and the riders floorboard ? is that an e-brake lever ? Did they install a parking brake on the bike for you ?

Hornblower
12-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Paul, from that picture, it looks as though you still have "some" storage room inside those saddlebags. Enough that you could store emergency items like a tool kit...a first aid kit...a tire repair kit...blah blah blah.

Yeah, according to Honda you still have room for a helmet in there 'youwish'

Paul B Blues
12-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Paul, what is the lever that is between the passenger footpeg, and the riders floorboard ? is that an e-brake lever ? Did they install a parking brake on the bike for you ?

It's a handbrake Miles. By law we have to have one fitted to a trike in the UK. Handy for those handbrake turns though :yikes:

Paul B Blues
12-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah, according to Honda you still have room for a helmet in there 'youwish'

Yeah, if you have a very small head! :icon_lol:

Scotrod
12-14-2013, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE Handy for those handbrake turns[/QUOTE]

You mean,,, BAT TURNS!!!! .batman-smilie.

Had a jet boat a long time ago,,, Get it up around 30, let off the gas, crank the wheel full lock, mash the throttle,,,, YEEEEEEEEEEEEhaw!!!! We nick-named it the 'Bat-Turn',,, .batman-smilie.

Those were the days! :icon_biggrin:

F6B-RICH
12-14-2013, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE Handy for those handbrake turns

You mean,,, BAT TURNS!!!! .batman-smilie.

Had a jet boat a long time ago,,, Get it up around 30, let off the gas, crank the wheel full lock, mash the throttle,,,, YEEEEEEEEEEEEhaw!!!! We nick-named it the 'Bat-Turn',,, .batman-smilie.

Those were the days! :icon_biggrin:[/QUOTE]

WOW Scotrod those Bat-Turns sound like fun.I will have to try them on my Sea-Doo waverunner in 2014 .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
12-14-2013, 10:35 PM
WOW Scotrod those Bat-Turns sound like fun.I will have to try them on my Sea-Doo waverunner in 2014 .batman-smilie.[/QUOTE]

Be careful doing Bat-Turns on a wave runner!!! You might get launched! I had a couple of those over the years and can't say I would have tried it on mine!!!

The boat was a different story,,, It was pretty light,,, One of those low to the water, good for nothing but haulin azz/making noise boats. (18 ft Tahiti, 460 Ford w/open Bassett headers over the stern)

After ya cranked the wheel, nailed it,,, the boat was light enough/shallow enough draft it would roll up on its side, slide/spin around then slide across the water backwards a little bit, dig in, then haul azz back the other way,, All 8 were singing at 5 grand the whole time,,,

Typically, it was: OMG!!! WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!,,, :yikes: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,

Hey,,,,,,,,,,,, that was FUN!!, :biggthumpup: Can we do it again????

Yep, had a lot of fun in my younger days,,,, :icon_twisted:

Paul B Blues
12-16-2013, 10:57 AM
OK that's the lights sorted. One more test ride done too (Looking really dirty now), and one more tomorrow to make final adjustments, and then we wait for the Government paperwork, so who knows how long that will take :banghead:

MichaelG
12-16-2013, 11:08 AM
One more test ride done too (Looking really dirty now)

Paul, that is the best look to have...that the bike has been ridden. I would rather have a dirty bike, with mileage on it, than a pretty/shiny bike, with no mileage on it. It shows that someone was out having fun.

"coffee"

Paul B Blues
12-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Paul, that is the best look to have...that the bike has been ridden. I would rather have a dirty bike, with mileage on it, than a pretty/shiny bike, with no mileage on it. It shows that someone was out having fun.

"coffee"

Ha ha, yes Miles I agree, but I wish it was me had made it dirty :icon_lol: It's all for a good cause I know, so I'll get my wash and polish kit ready for when it gets here. It will be valeted before it gets here, but I'll was it anyway....ha ha ha :icon_mrgreen:

Paul B Blues
12-18-2013, 06:54 AM
OK that's the Trike now ready for delivery :icon_biggrin: We now have to wait for the Government paperwork to confirm the conversation from bike to trike. Due to streamlining of services, closing of departments and merging others, the last registrations have taken 6 f-ing weeks. The owner of the Trike Shop called and complained about the delay, they were promised the new registrations would take no longer then 10 days. My 10th day was 2 days ago, still no paperwork :banghead: Now we must wait 'mailman'

Paul B...........batman-smilie.

Bob the bike
12-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi Paul, sorry to hear of the delay but I do not understand the problem with the paperwork.
Your bike was already registered on 2nd August 2013 and road tax paid until 1st August 2014.
I understand that the taxation class has been changed from Bicycle to Trike but surely this is just an admin job. As long as you are still the registered keeper the bike is legal.
Under the new regulations you do not have to wait for the tax disc change, you are now allowed to ride without displaying a disc for 14 days. This rule was brought in when the system was centralised! You may also know that because the system has changed, from October 2014 the tax disc is going to be abolished.
Unless someone from the DVLA or VOSA wish to inspect the Trike conversion, you should be good to go. The only other hold up would be if you have changed the plate!
If I have misunderstood the new regulations, please let me know.
Lets hope you get to ride it soon. Bob.

Paul B Blues
12-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi Paul, sorry to hear of the delay but I do not understand the problem with the paperwork.
Your bike was already registered on 2nd August 2013 and road tax paid until 1st August 2014.
I understand that the taxation class has been changed from Bicycle to Trike but surely this is just an admin job. As long as you are still the registered keeper the bike is legal.
Under the new regulations you do not have to wait for the tax disc change, you are now allowed to ride without displaying a disc for 14 days. This rule was brought in when the system was centralised! You may also know that because the system has changed, from October 2014 the tax disc is going to be abolished.
Unless someone from the DVLA or VOSA wish to inspect the Trike conversion, you should be good to go. The only other hold up would be if you have changed the plate!
If I have misunderstood the new regulations, please let me know.
Lets hope you get to ride it soon. Bob.

Bob, the guys at the Trike Shop are would be happy to deliver the bike, but if they DVLA/VOSA do wish to inspect then they would have to take it back to Cardiff. That's the sticking point mate. I'll PM you mate.

Paul B Blues
12-19-2013, 09:48 AM
It official, Santa's not coming to town :wrong: Just got an email from the Trike Shop to say the DVLA haven't even received my application yet. It was sent recorded delivery, but the right department has not received the paperwork. It's now gonna be 2014 before I get my bike. I am so p****d off right now. Time for a BIG DRINK.............Cheers :cheers:

MichaelG
12-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Paul, that is quite unfortunate news. Many of us here continue to rally behind you and your new trike. :039:

To that end...I will not ride my bike again until I hear from you that your new trike is in your hands, and on the road. :cheers:

Of course, it helps that it is close to Winter time here...in 2 days...and I live in the northern states...and my ear is still recovering from the surgery...but all of that nonetheless, I could go out and ride if I really had the need to. But I refuse...refuse I say...to ride my bike again until you get your trike handed to you, and on the road.

Now, don't anyone else be foolish enough to make the same agreement. You all go out and ride, have fun, and Paul and I will sit here...waiting.:icon_frown:

"coffee"

Paul B Blues
12-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Miles you are a Diamond Geezer, but I wouldn't want you or anyone else not to ride because of some lazy government official. I am cool, calm and collected now, plus the heavy snow fall right now is making it easier to live with 'cold' I will keep you posted.

3397 I need to get some practice in.....lol

Paul B..........:wheelchair wheelie:

Paul B Blues
12-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Well here she is, all washed and ready for delivery in Jan :banana:

MichaelG
12-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Paul, that looks COOL, mate. And that parking lot looks large enough that you could get away with riding the bike, day or night, all around the parking lot, to get used to the controls and feel of the bike. The "gov" does not have to know that you are out there practicing for the Trike Drill Team :shhh:

"coffee"

Paul B Blues
12-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Miles if I lived closer to Cardiff I would go have a blast, but I'm nearly 600 miles away, so it's not really on. Time will fly past I'm sure. 'riding'

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-21-2013, 11:31 AM
VERY Cool Trike, Show Quality for Certain.

J

Paul B Blues
12-21-2013, 01:21 PM
VERY Cool Trike, Show Quality for Certain.

J

Thanks J,

That is a good idea :agree:

Trike lady
12-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Looks very nice. I like the way they kept the original F6B styling and didn't put a large fiberglass body on it. :yes:

username42
12-22-2013, 10:30 PM
They did a great job on it. It looks amazing

GONRDN
12-22-2013, 10:52 PM
So different, but I love it! :yes:

Paul B Blues
12-23-2013, 05:50 AM
Thanks everyone,

I wanted to keep as much of the original bike as pos, after all that's what drew me to it in the first place. They couldn't fit the pillion backrest to the seat as my wheelchair rack wouldn't swing round. It's now attached to the rack, and works perfectly well. Roll on January :yes:

Paul B.....:banana:'freezing-cold'

Paul B Blues
01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Finally the paperwork has been sorted :cheers: Despite all the correct paperwork being sent, they turned down the application, reason given "It doesn't have a current MOT certificate"!! WTF :jerkit: In the UK once a vehicle reaches the 3 year point it has to undergo a vehicle inspection at an approved garage to confirm it's road worthiness. If it passes it gets an MOT Certificate. How they came to the conclusion that this BRAND NEW bike, which has already been registered in my name, needed an MOT is beyond me. They have now corrected their records "but not apologised" and I'm expecting delivery shortly .batman-smilie.

Deer Slayer
01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Well I see the USA States don't have the market on paper work fumbling. Hope all turns out well and the wx lets you get in a great ride. :banghead: :cheers:

Paul B Blues
01-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Just got the email confirming delivery will be this Friday :banana: Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that the snow stays off long enough to allow them up the A9 :pop: .snowremoval.:snow1:'freezing-cold'

MichaelG
01-14-2014, 04:11 PM
:woohoo:

Big Jay
01-14-2014, 09:37 PM
That's great news Paul, congrats and I must say you seem to have been a patient fellow. Enjoy that beautiful trike, hope the wether cooperates .:041:

Deer Slayer
01-14-2014, 09:48 PM
I am so happy for you, ride on brother! :biker: :cheers:

Paul B Blues
01-15-2014, 04:18 AM
Thanks Guys,

Just as soon as it gets here I'll take a few pictures :wheelchair wheelie: If it's a dryish day Saturday, I'll go for a test ride :2gwb921:

MichaelG
01-15-2014, 09:04 AM
If it's a dryish day Saturday, I'll go for a test ride :2gwb921:

Paul, I hope the new trike rides smoother than the icon of the bucking bull. It is hard to see in this picture, but this bike .dickie-deals. does have two wheels in the back, so it is a trike (just imagine) and is so smooth. That is YOU, on your first real trike ride. :yes:

"coffee"

Paul B Blues
01-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Paul, I hope the new trike rides smoother than the icon of the bucking bull. It is hard to see in this picture, but this bike .dickie-deals. does have two wheels in the back, so it is a trike (just imagine) and is so smooth. That is YOU, on your first real trike ride. :yes:

"coffee"

Ha ha, Cheers Miles. I'm sure it will be a smooth ride once I get used to the Kicktronic gear changes. I'll keep you posted. :yes:

Phantom
01-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Paul, whenever you ride .... "3wheelSmiley" Please don't wear one of those Kilts "KiltSmiley"

:icon_cool::yes:

Paul B Blues
01-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Paul, whenever you ride .... "3wheelSmiley" Please don't wear one of those Kilts "KiltSmiley"

:icon_cool::yes:

As tempting as it is to give my undercarriage a good airing, I don't want the Tourist Board to think Nessie has been seen around here! :wrong:

Paul B Blues
01-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi Guys,

Well she has just arrived. Sorry for these pictures aren't great, it's it dark outside and sub zero too. I'll get some better ones over the next few days. But, I as so happy, and I can't believe just how neat the whole conversation is. The riding position is so different to the Rune, and so light to steer. Over all I am a very, very happy, and I can't believe how lucky I am to own this beautiful bike.....'all/right'

kjelders
01-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Looks great! :041:

Hornblower
01-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Lookin' good, Paul :clap2: Well, until it warms up a bit more, I guess you can just sit on it and get used to the ergonomics, right? Oh yeah, and dream a little...:cheers:

Paul B Blues
01-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Lookin' good, Paul :clap2: Well, until it warms up a bit more, I guess you can just sit on it and get used to the ergonomics, right? Oh yeah, and dream a little...:cheers:

Thanks Hornblower,

I have my eyes closed in one of the pictures, maybe I'm already dreaming! It's just so much and so little all at the same time. I can't really explain it until I get out on it, but it's an amazing looking machine. 'riding'

Scotrod
01-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Yes, YES, YES!!!

That's the pic I wanted to see!!!! Paul on his trike!!!! :yes:

It was a long time coming, but it's finally HOME!!!!!:woohoo:

It's just so much and so little all at the same time. I can't really explain it until I get out on it

Heck Yeah!!!! A whole different sensation to see it materialize over the months,,, and to finally have it home, and THEN not be able to ride it right away,,,

Just the sight of it in the garage must be very welcoming, but,,, it also leaves a lot of 'anticipation',,, Anticipation that can't be relieved w/o riding,,,

How about a sound clip!!??!! Your pipes are unlike anything we have!

MichaelG
01-17-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't know ! The bike/trike is absolutely gorgeous...LOVE it. But I was kinda hoping against all odds, that Paul would be better looking that that.:duck:

(and this from a man that was struck by lighting):039:

F6B-RICH
01-17-2014, 05:28 PM
WOW Paul nice ass machine.That looks like a cool ride congrats :icon_biggrin:

BIGLRY
01-17-2014, 05:28 PM
I don't know ! The bike/trike is absolutely gorgeous...LOVE it. But I was kinda hoping against all odds, that Paul would be better looking that that.:duck:

(and this from a man that was struck by lighting):039:Hehe:poke:

Paul the trike looks marvelous and even better with you on it:yes:

4DI2D
01-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Paul,
Been following your journey, and the trike's,

Got to go tip a few Bushmills 16 in honor of the occasion!

Trike lady
01-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Congrats. :clap2:

Deer Slayer
01-17-2014, 09:17 PM
It is really great to see you on that Bad Ass looking trike. I thought that was a prayer of thanks in that second pix with your eyes closed. Snow tires, Hum? I know you can't wait to ride it. Good luck. :cheers:

bob109
01-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Paul:

You have a first class piece of art! None other like it! It speaks of you as a avid rider who will do what ever it takes to get your a$$ is the saddle. I salute you for your perseverance. You are without a doubt a dedicated rider who knows exactly what he wants in his machine. May your enjoy many pleasurable and safe miles on that beautiful trike:041:

Warm Regards

Bob

bob109
01-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Hehe:poke:

Paul the trike looks marvelous and even better with you on it:yes:

If my memory serves me correctly you are the same Big Larry I remember from the Honda VTX 1800C Forum:039:. A great guy with a love of big CC rides.

Regards and glad to hear your still riding great Honda Machines:041:

Bob 109 a.k.a. BobVTX

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-17-2014, 10:20 PM
If my memory serves me correctly you are the same Big Larry I remember from the Honda VTX 1800C Forum:039:. A great guy with a love of big CC rides.

Regards and glad to hear your still riding great Honda Machines:041:

Bob 109 a.k.a. BobVTX

More importantly, is the fact that he is and has been quite a contributor to the VTX - Motorcycle world, sharing his vast mechanical knowledge and do it yourself web site with fellow bikers, for as long as I can remember. Thank YOU, Larry

I definitely welcome Larry's mechanical expertise and insight to this Forum.

Just my opinion,
J

bobbyf6b
01-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Congrats Paul. Awesome! :biggthumpup:

BIGLRY
01-18-2014, 12:38 AM
More importantly, is the fact that he is and has been quite a contributor to the VTX - Motorcycle world, sharing his vast mechanical knowledge and do it yourself web site with fellow bikers, for as long as I can remember. Thank YOU, Larry

I definitely welcome Larry's mechanical expertise and insight to this Forum.

Just my opinion,
J
:icon_redface: Yea it's me "busted" and still into Hondas with a new F6B and 1 Rune (down from 4), 3 VTX1800 one with a turbo and a kawi 650 just to keep things mixed up in my stable of steel steeds, but enough about me and not to :hijack: anymore let's keep on track and Paul's great looking trike. :yes:
I can't wait to hear a sound clip of them pipes and a pic of him on the road.dickie-deals.

:agree:Miles is right, that is a trike emot ya just can't see the third wheel.

Paul B Blues
01-18-2014, 05:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much for all your kind words. The good news is that it's here, and Miles my wife and daughter think I'm gorgeous, so that's good enough for me :moon:

The bad news is in the cold light of day it's clear to see that the paintwork has suffered badly on the way up. The rain cover used while transporting her up has rubbed off the top layers of paint from the fenders both left and right, and from the corners of both panniers :yikes:

I pointed out some of the scratches to the guys last night, but the daylight has shown lots more damage to the paintwork. The guys at the Trike Shop have agreed their mistake, and I'm now finding a painter to repair ALL the paintwork.

Having said that, I do love the bike, and I'm looking forward to getting out for a ride soon. Scotrod the pipes are off a Victory so I'm told. They don't sounds as mean as they look, just a nice purr. Once I get the bike washed and all cleaned up I'll get more pics, and a sound clip too.

Thanks again everyone for your support, and I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Paul B.........batman-smilie.

Scotrod
01-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the damaged paint! :icon_frown:

The only GOOD thing about the paint damage is that if it had to happen, at least it happened in the 'off' season! :yes:

Most of my 'malfunctions' happen during primetime!!! :banghead:

Paul B Blues
01-19-2014, 06:10 AM
Sorry to hear about the damaged paint! :icon_frown:

The only GOOD thing about the paint damage is that if it had to happen, at least it happened in the 'off' season! :yes:

Most of my 'malfunctions' happen during primetime!!! :banghead:

I hear what you're say Scotrod, and I agree, at least it's not holding me back. The it's a little warmer today, so I am just about to wash the bike, see what else needs doing! :yikes:

choptop
01-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Congrats and don't ya just love it when a plan finally comes together and the problems soon become a distant memory.

Scotrod
01-19-2014, 10:12 AM
I am just about to wash the bike, see what else needs doing! :yikes:

Better hide your wallet first!!! Theres ALWAYS something that could be added to a brand new ride!!!!

Paul B Blues
01-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Congrats and don't ya just love it when a plan finally comes together and the problems soon become a distant memory.

Yeah now I have a good look at the bike I can see lots more problem areas, but over all it's a beautiful machine. Once the paintwork is done it'll be awesome, and I'll be a very proud owner. Now, how do you get that bloody seat off!!! :shock:

Paul B..........:icon_biggrin:

Paul B Blues
01-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Better hide your wallet first!!! Theres ALWAYS something that could be added to a brand new ride!!!!

I know, I know "ccsmiley"

Steve 0080
01-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Just another set back...glad you finally got the bike home! Are you going to stay black or go to another color??? Happy riding !!!steve

Paul B Blues
01-20-2014, 04:25 AM
Just another set back...glad you finally got the bike home! Are you going to stay black or go to another color??? Happy riding !!!steve

Hi Steve,

The Trike Shop are coming back to take bike down to Cardiff, after I washed it yesterday I discovered lots more damage. Basically the area from the front fender to the corners of the panniers has suffered paint damage. In other words most of the bike. The trailer it was transported up in was open to the elements, so they covered the bike in a rainproof cover and put bubble wrap and tape around the cover. The vibrations of the trailer, potholes and bumpy roads for hundreds of miles has rubbed away the surfaces that it came into contact with. So, it's going back down for a new paint job, and it will be black of course. The wait continues...........:banghead:

Paul B Blues
01-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Here are a couple of pictures of the badges Neil did for me. I really like them, and they make a big difference to the look I think. I picked this design to go with my jacket.

37693770 37713772

Steve 0080
01-20-2014, 12:59 PM
WOW!!! Rookie mistake......everybody knows not to put a cover on a bike in a open trailer !!!!!! Every time the wrapping moves it takes off paint.......... sorry Paul!

Paul B Blues
01-20-2014, 01:33 PM
WOW!!! Rookie mistake......everybody knows not to put a cover on a bike in a open trailer !!!!!! Every time the wrapping moves it takes off paint.......... sorry Paul!

Aye Steve I agree. When they brought the Rune up it was white with road salt, I had to wash it just as soon as it got here. They didn't want the same thing to happen again, hence the cover. As of now all vehicles will be delivered in a covered trailer. Mine goes back down the road Saturday with a promise of a "Perfect Bike" when it comes back...in that covered trailer.'trailering'

4DI2D
01-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Pity that they had to learn the hard way.
Most RVers on this side of the pond just have a splash panel on the front of their trailer or the vehicle they're towing.

Paul B Blues
01-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Pity that they had to learn the hard way.
Most RVers on this side of the pond just have a splash panel on the front of their trailer or the vehicle they're towing.

Yes that makes good sense. The bike was collected yesterday, so lets see where we go from here :pop:'riding'

Paul B Blues
01-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Well, well, well! Just been speaking to the guys at The Trike Shop. They had a long chat with the painter who is looking over the damage to my bike. He told them that he had found it very difficult to match/work with Honda's crappy paint. None of the work he did had a mark on it, but all the areas that had Honda's paint, most of it had been rubbed off! I've just been reading the Paint Thread :yikes: Now it seems obvious why it was so easily marked. Maybe this is a blessing :pop:

Paul B Blues
02-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just had an email from the guys at the Trike Shop. After having the bike inspected by their own dealer, and reading the reports Honda UK have said they will change the two side panels, the nose cone, and the two back panels also. I don't know yet if this is as a "Good will gesture" or they recognise the paint issue. I have asked for more details, and as soon as I get them I'll stick them on here 'all/right'

Paul B Blues
02-20-2014, 08:00 AM
OK, this is what I've learned so far. The Honda dealer is a friend of the guys at the Trike Shop, they have a long and very good working relationship with each other. The dealer agreed that the paintwork on the remaining panels "Those not repainted as part of the conversation" wasn't up to standard, so when it came to his report he fought our corner, and Honda UK agreed to change the panels. I'm not sure where it leaves you guys in other parts of the world, but surely you could use Honda UK as an example :icon_biggrin:

So now I have to wait some more for Honda UK to deliver the new panels and have them fitted. Then she'll be transported up in an air conditioned covered trailer, with a bar and a jacuzzi!! Well, maybe I made the last bit up, but it will be a cover/enclosed trailer, but she'll be naked/uncovered.

Paul B.........:wheelchair wheelie:

Paul B Blues
02-21-2014, 11:10 AM
All the new panels have arrived from Honda and they are being fitted Monday 'all/right' Just got a couple of wee jobs to do, and then she will be ready for delivery "Again" 'riding'

Phantom
02-21-2014, 12:28 PM
All the new panels have arrived from Honda and they are being fitted Monday 'all/right' Just got a couple of wee jobs to do, and then she will be ready for delivery "Again" 'riding'

:Saweeet smilie:

Paul B Blues
03-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Well she's coming home in a nice covered trailer... :banana:

F6B-RICH
03-13-2014, 12:25 PM
:clap2: :041: Hopefully no problems this time .batman-smilie.

Paul B Blues
03-13-2014, 01:18 PM
:clap2: :041: Hopefully no problems this time .batman-smilie.

Four new panels and nose cone from Honda UK, sides and wheelchair rack have been painted, a few small mods to foot boards, so she's had a face lift! I don't care if there are any small flaws, I'll get them sorted here, she's NOT leaving again. I'll get some pictures over the weekend, it should be dry so I'm going for a blast.

Big Jay
03-13-2014, 08:19 PM
:yes: Right on, glad to see you got her back, enjoy that ride this weekend, you deserve it . "fireybat"

Paul B Blues
03-14-2014, 04:43 AM
:yes: Right on, glad to see you got her back, enjoy that ride this weekend, you deserve it . "fireybat"

Thanks Guys,

The wait at times has been excruciating, I bought the bike in July 2013 and I'm getting her back tomorrow. It has been painful to watch you guys getting yourselves out and about, and the new owners proudly showing off their new rides, and rightly so. I just can't wait get get her here and take her out, then get some Liquid Glass on the paintwork to help protect it.

Paul B..........dickie-deals.

Paul B Blues
04-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Well it seems this story started a very long time ago, but now this is the end chapter and the beginning of another. This is me just back from my first ride out on my beautiful F6B. Yes I got soaked, overtook a few dawdling tourists on the A9, blew the horn a few times by mistake when changing gear, got cut up by a car, but hey, I had a bloody good time. I can now call myself an owner/rider of an F6B.

TwinCitiesRider
04-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Looking good and congratulations after the long wait time.

Scotrod
04-10-2014, 12:53 PM
I got soaked, overtook a few dawdling tourists on the A9, blew the horn a few times by mistake when changing gear, got cut up by a car, but hey, I had a bloody good time.

:crackup: :yes: :yes: :yes:

LOVE IT!!!! Welcome back to that familiar 'Have bike, WILL RIDE!' sensation!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

'riding' :banana:

bobbyf6b
04-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Awesome. Good to see you on it. :icon_cool:

Hornblower
04-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Truly inspirational :clap2:. Good on you, Paul B

Paul B Blues
04-11-2014, 04:10 AM
Thanks Guys, onwards and upwards...;roughrider;

MinnetonkaMike
06-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Thanks Guys,

I have been promised new pictures every Friday, so yeah, I'll post them on here when I get them. Rich I'm having to trike my F6B because I am a Disabled Rider and a wheelchair user. Been in a wheelchair since Oct 2001 after a bike accident. This is me and my Rune Trike, and yes Steve I am can't wait my friend. It's been over a year since I was last on a bike, and I really miss the road.

that rune is beautiful! I hope you are liking the F6B as much.

Paul B Blues
06-18-2014, 01:29 PM
that rune is beautiful! I hope you are liking the F6B as much.

Hi Mike,

I love the F6B even more, there is so much more to it. Yes the Rune is a beautiful bike, don't get me wrong if I could have both I would. No, the F6B is a much more forgiving bike, easier to handle, storage spaces, music etc, I just love it. It was a boiling hot day here so I had a choice, apply Liquid Glass or go for a run, I chose the latter. I pitched up at my friends ice cream shop and was immediately surrounded by his customers, by the time I had answered all their questions I was a hot, sweaty mess. I had my leather jacket and Dragon Jeans on, so I was cooking......slowly. No regrets on selling my beautiful Rune, it was just on of those things I had to do.

Paul B........batman-smilie.