PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's

wjduke
03-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Just read on the news how McDonald's is going back to their fatty menu because of lost business. They discovered that their customers want the fat stuff! Seems that the few loud mouths in the country trying to change everyone else's doings to be what they do or want, isn't working so well. To me, I wish this would happen right down the line...starting with politics.

MisterB
03-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Catering to the outspoken minority doesn't help the bottom line.
I haven't heard anything about sudden weight loss amongst any age group so their efforts were for naught, people just got their calories from other sources.
Easiest way to cut the calories is skip all sugared beverages.

wjduke
03-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Maybe I was just " Onioned ".....it could be fake news. I hope not!!!

opas ride
03-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Maybe I was just " Onioned ".....it could be fake news. I hope not!!!

My Grandpa used to say "believe nothing of what you read and 1/2 of what you hear".....Today I believe nothing in the media, very little, if anything, on the internet, and 1/8 of what I hear...Ride safe

wjduke
03-22-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm guilty today...I was reading that and saying GOOD. Let people make their own choices. I just left FB because I'm tired of all the bull. Instead of more info, I want less....getting overloaded.

taxfree4
03-22-2017, 04:14 PM
All I want are those deep fried, crispy, hot apple pies because the ones they have now are disgusting.

willtill
03-22-2017, 04:59 PM
All I want are those deep fried, crispy, hot apple pies because the ones they have now are disgusting.

..and a McRib. And they need to increase the size of all of the hamburgers back to the 1970's era sizes. The damned things have SHRUNK over the years.

shortleg0521
03-22-2017, 05:28 PM
..and a McRib. And they need to increase the size of all of the hamburgers back to the 1970's era sizes. The damned things have SHRUNK over the years.

But on the other hand maybe we are Bigger! Ha Ha !

unsub
03-24-2017, 11:32 PM
Just read on the news how McDonald's is going back to their fatty menu because of lost business. They discovered that their customers want the fat stuff! Seems that the few loud mouths in the country trying to change everyone else's doings to be what they do or want, isn't working so well. To me, I wish this would happen right down the line...starting with politics.

Sounds like that news came from Facebook post.

wjduke
03-25-2017, 04:17 AM
Sounds like that news came from Facebook post.

No, I quit FB...saw it on the front page of my email site.

Bob Penn
03-25-2017, 06:38 AM
As I see it you used to go to McD for a quick CHEAP hamburger. Today you go to McD and it cost you $5 for a stamped out over processed piece of meat on a sesame seed bun.
Today I can go to my local bar and get a custom made real hamburger made with real meat for about the same price. The trouble comes when I order a beverage or maybe 2 there, that drives my calorie count way up. But I do come out feeling way happier!

choptop
03-25-2017, 07:59 AM
As I see it you used to go to McD for a quick CHEAP hamburger. Today you go to McD and it cost you $5 for a stamped out over processed piece of meat on a sesame seed bun.
Today I can go to my local bar and get a custom made real hamburger made with real meat for about the same price. The trouble comes when I order a beverage or maybe 2 there, that drives my calorie count way up. But I do come out feeling way happier!

And it wasn't even a Happy Meal !!

HBWinger
03-25-2017, 11:39 AM
I read the same article in the WSJ. I went to Mc D for a cheap lunch and got the combo meal (burger fries coke) $8.00! Like someone said you can get a better burger grilled for the same price.

woody
03-25-2017, 05:21 PM
The packaging at mcdonalds looks more appealing than the burger's.

BIGLRY
03-26-2017, 04:43 PM
The packaging at mcdonalds looks more appealing than the burger's.
http://rs37.pbsrc.com/albums/e60/purpldrgn1956b/LMAO/ROFLMBO.gif~c200
AGREED!

3Chief
03-27-2017, 05:43 AM
When I leave Japan my last meal at the airport is usually Mc'Donalds...By far better than what they serve in the states.

Bob Penn
03-27-2017, 07:08 AM
When I leave Japan my last meal at the airport is usually Mc'Donalds...By far better than what they serve in the states.

And then you arrive here and get on your Japanese made bike? Yep, It's all about the price, the quality, and the Packaging!

3Chief
03-27-2017, 10:58 AM
And then you arrive here and get on your Japanese made bike? Yep, It's all about the price, the quality, and the Packaging!

Pretty much, I have three motorcycles and 2 quads currently and they're all Japanese. I looked at going to the birth place of our "B"s, however it's two islands father south and quite involved to get to from here. :)

Japan doesn't allow all the garbage, filler and such in it's food supply that the US does. The difference is pretty amazing.

Retired Army
03-27-2017, 02:22 PM
What we have here is marketing 101. If you don't serve what I like at your business I find one that does to include motorcycles.

3Chief
03-28-2017, 02:44 AM
What we have here is marketing 101. If you don't serve what I like at your business I find one that does to include motorcycles.

For the most part, however as we all know many people will stick with an inferior product they know vs risking trying something different...

BEIST
03-31-2017, 03:27 PM
I also saw that MickyD's was going back to "Fresh not Frozen" meat as their latest public relations hoopla gimmick. I would like to shout: "Way Too late!!!!" As mentioned in a previous post: their burgers were bigger back in the day. The old style Big Mac, that I use to enjoy, had practically two quarter pounders on it. I quit going to McDonalds years ago when I finally came to the realization (like many people have posted) = I can stop at a mom&pop diner and get a beautifully prepared handmade burger with homemade fries and a drink for about $9.00. My favorite Happy Days Diner in Thorndale PA has a signature burger that comes with bacon, mushrooms, Swiss cheese, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, jalapeņo peppers, along with homemade French fries, a small cup of coleslaw, and two huge onion rings. Including the tip I'm out the door for $10.50 and everybody has a HAPPY DAY! I also have to add: the hamburger is prepared exactly as ordered and weighs in at about half a pound. Plus, the folks there are sincerely glad to see me when I walk in the door and know me by name. Buy Local!!! Support your neighbors!!!
P.S. Find a Diner that has a parking lot full of motorcycles and truckers.

willtill
03-31-2017, 03:51 PM
For the most part, however as we all know many people will stick with an inferior product they know vs risking trying something different...

http://i64.tinypic.com/2nnml3.jpg