PDA

View Full Version : Ooof... gonna be a ...

willtill
03-22-2017, 04:57 PM
..cold ride tomorrow morning into work, 26 degree's for about 50 interstate miles. At least it'll be a nice and balmy 46 degree's coming home.

Thank Gawd for Gerbing heated gear. Like a warm blanket wrapped around you from the dryer

shortleg0521
03-22-2017, 05:29 PM
..cold ride tomorrow morning into work, 26 degree's for about 50 interstate miles. At least it'll be a nice and balmy 46 degree's coming home.

Thank Gawd for Gerbing heated gear. Like a warm blanket wrapped around you from the dryer

Thinking about a vest and gloves.
What do you think?

2wheelsforme
03-22-2017, 06:24 PM
Oh man I feel for ya. Today was a record 89 deg. after a series of great weather days. I've been really enjoying it. Now come August I'll be crying for some heat relief.

Doug44
03-22-2017, 07:21 PM
What do you think?

Heated vest is good, heated jacket liner is better. If u do choose a vest make sure the collar is also heated ! And yes on the gloves if u don't have heated grips. I have both and wouldn't be without either. In fact I have the heated pants liner and socks and have ridden several years to Daytona Bikeweek from IL. One other thing to consider if you are getting heated gloves if you get a jacket liner many brands let you plug your gloves into a cord in the shelves but not so in a vest and you end up with two harness perhaps.

willtill
03-22-2017, 08:20 PM
What do you think?

Ha! :-)

In cold weather here, I run a Gerbing heated jacket liner under my Columbia Hi Vis Mesh armored Jacket w/liner. Have a Y electrical lead running down inside my jeans (from my Gerbing heated liner) that connects my two Gerbing heated insoles for my boots. Full faced helmet, gloves and if it's real cold, Gerbing heated gloves and a fleece balaclava finishes out the gear.

I'm good normally at 32 degree's or so with that get up. The F6B has good wind protection so that's a plus as well (insert thumbs up smilie here)

Steve 0080
03-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Man that sounds terrible... I was thinking about riding over to the beach...77* here tomorrow!,,,,

willtill
03-23-2017, 05:25 AM
Gah!

The F6B is going to like the cold air.. that's for sure. Bike's always seem to run better in cooler air.

http://i66.tinypic.com/24dhbon.jpg

Better riding Saturday :-) Am looking forward to that.

I gots me time to take a nice long dip in the hot tub before getting on my bike... should help keep me warmed up a bit in the core... takes about 50 minutes to get to work

speedjunkie
03-23-2017, 04:10 PM
It was 9 in January when I road. It was a bit cool even with the heated gear.

Mike

willtill
03-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Was a GREAT ride in today!!! So refreshing. The heated gear makes it possible. (insert two thumbs up here)

HBWinger
03-24-2017, 07:52 PM
I hear ya bro, barely got into the 70's today, had to wear long pants.