PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie

Westernbiker
10-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Well, yesterday after work I pulled the '97' black and yellow Valk out of the garage and cleaned her up. She will be going on a Laughlin run next weekend pulling her trailer and riding two up with my girlfriend for her birthday. Took about 2 hours to to get her all shiney as she had got caught in the rain last time I rode her, so water spots were ALL over the chrome and paint and let me tell ya, she has some chrome on her! Any way. Started her up this morning and let her get warm before I rode her to work. WOW! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I rode all the way to work, about 17 miles and still not use to the difference between the Valk and the F6. I love both bikes very much and the 16 years difference between the two is really amazing. I must admit though, I really truely enjoy the Valk and she still turns heads and prompts visits and questions any where I stop. And that 6-carbed 1520cc engine still has some pull to it and it has some speed too! LOL! :icon_mrgreen: I am so looking forward to the ride home and really looking forward to the ride to Laughlin next weekend! :biggthumpup:

Steve 0080
10-04-2013, 02:54 PM
I hear ya...I miss my fat gurl too.....

CarolinaRider
10-05-2013, 01:24 PM
When I bought my F6B one of best friends needed a bike so we could ride. Here they are side by side.
We love it when all the HD riders stop and look at both.2472

MOODY
10-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Kept my Valk when the wife and I got the F6 and when we get both bikes out to ride going from the F6 back to the Valk is like going from a Vet to a Mack, But I also still love my Fat Girl, Don't see selling her anytime soon

Gumby
10-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I wish I would have kept mine, but I doubt I would ride it much. My second bike is going to be something different. The valk was too much of the same. Small and tall like a Dr650, small and cool like a R75 cafe racer or Yamaha street tracker or small and quick.

I do miss the big girl.

MOODY
10-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Gumby, dont ride my Valk much since we got the F6, but my wife traded her bike in on the F6 and she still likes to get out and ride some so i ride the Valk and she the F6(tickles her she can out-run the Valk as it is known to be the fastest cruiser in our town) I want something different too just to putt around on, I would like to have a Suzuki 650 Bergman, rode a friends once and was greatly surprised by its performance

mtcgun
10-06-2013, 08:34 PM
my 2

Bama Bagger
11-02-2013, 01:53 AM
I miss my 2001 Valk Interstate...got rid of her to buy the 2010 Can-Am Spyder RT-S...big mistake but oh well, got rid of Spyder to buy F6B! What a difference in motorcyle...no comparison. So now I switch between my 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa and my F6B...two different but equally great motorcycles. :icon_mrgreen:

hondabikepro
11-02-2013, 05:44 PM
just a side note,, anyone who has a valkyrie, if you have not you should install a new fuel shut off diaphragm, we have three motors out replacing, starter drive gears. the diaphragms are going bad and leaking, all of the fuel tank into the left rear cylinder and hydro locking them. even if the valve is turned off

Steve 0080
11-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Yep!!! That is a common problem.....one of the reasons I went to the F6B.....

Rikrok
11-03-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm working backwards thru motorcycle evolution. I picked up a Valkyrie a few weeks ago to add to my F6B and Rune. I immediately tore it all down for some mods and maintainace. Also some new paint on the tins. I hope to have it all back together this week.