PDA

View Full Version : Good roadside assistance plan

Redlinez
03-24-2017, 10:44 AM
So, I've been thinking about what a pita a flat can be. Especially since I don't yet have a centerstand. Any recommendations on a good roadside service?

RLatt
03-24-2017, 10:52 AM
So, I've been thinking about what a pita a flat can be. Especially since I don't yet have a centerstand. Any recommendations on a good roadside service?

A search of the forum - (upper right) shows 19 threads besides yours, if you type in roadside assistance.

F6B1911
03-24-2017, 11:56 AM
In addition to a roadside assistance plan, it's nice to have a tire repair kit in your saddlebag, they don't take up much room.
Rick at Value Accessories has a great one, check it out.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/StreetTirePremiumRepairKit.aspx

F6Dave
03-24-2017, 01:42 PM
If you join the AMA, and sign up for 3 years or annually with auto-renew, you get their roadside assistance plan for free. It covers not just your bikes, but your cars and trucks too, and even includes other drivers in the same house. Of course you also get all the other benefits of AMA membership like the magazine, discounts, and the work they do to defend rider's rights. That's a pretty good deal.

terryboyle
03-24-2017, 02:43 PM
Membership includes a Roadside Assistance Plan and an upgraded plan to cover RV, car, truck, motorcycle for up to one hundred miles. be sure to read the fine print to be certain it works for you.

Redlinez
03-24-2017, 03:04 PM
I put together a tire repair/compressor kit. Just not super comfortable with dealing the the rear tire. Thanks for the info! Looks like $149 for 3 years of AMA. GWRRA would be $156 with 100 miles of towing covered vs 35 miles with AMA.

Redlinez
04-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Just joined GWWRA for one year with up to 100 miles towing 10 times a year for $56. Seems like a no brainer to me. Figured I'd try them for a year first.

CindyH
04-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Just joined GWWRA for one year with up to 100 miles towing 10 times a year for $56. Seems like a no brainer to me. Figured I'd try them for a year first.

WOW! That's much better than my premium AAA membership. Guess I'll switch when it renews.

naga viper
04-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Have yet the need to use it, i have roadside assistance with dairyland

grendl
04-04-2017, 05:54 PM
I joined the GWRRA and bought their roadside assistance based on the GW riders I hang out with occasionally. I also have a tire repair kit in the saddlebag just in case.
Haven't had to use either of them yet(knock on wood)

Redlinez
04-05-2017, 12:01 PM
I'm guessing they send me something showing I have a membership. Haven't received anything about being a forum member there yet.

DMAGOLDRDR
04-05-2017, 12:56 PM
If you join the AMA, and sign up for 3 years or annually with auto-renew, you get their roadside assistance plan for free. It covers not just your bikes, but your cars and trucks too, and even includes other drivers in the same house. Of course you also get all the other benefits of AMA membership like the magazine, discounts, and the work they do to defend rider's rights. That's a pretty good deal.

+1 for AMA Moto-Tow. Set up automatic renew for my membership and my Motorcycles and Car are covered at no extra cost.

Big Jay
04-05-2017, 09:48 PM
visa or master card

Old N Grumpy
06-08-2017, 05:45 PM
+1 for AMA...just joined today. Was paying $300 a year with AAA. Differences were AAA 100 mile tow vs 35. AMA gives motorhomes free also. AAA would surcharge motorhomes. And the biggest difference was AMA $250 cheaper a year. If you are way out somewhere I didn't think the 100 mile tow would make any difference vs 35 as it still wouldn't get the bike home or to my mechanic.

2wheelsforme
06-08-2017, 07:45 PM
No plan here that I pay for. I have a trailer to use if I can just get home to it and my car. I also have friends that I can beg to come get me if needed. I'm a member of our local Southern Cruisers and we have a emergency list of phone numbers that you can call for assistance be it tools or towing and in multiple states as SCRC are pretty much everywhere. But the biggest contributor to not needing a paid for plan is two flats in fifteen years and over 200 thousand miles. I carry a flat repair kit and have only used it once on a friends bike to get him to a shop.