PDA

View Full Version : Honda Pacific coast

choptop
04-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Just came up for sale locally, 35,000 miles asking $3,00.00 . Don't know much about them... Forgot we can't post pics yet, it is Black and a 1995.

Steve 0080
04-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Great bike, does get a little warm !!! Do you have the ad ? Post it if possible or better yet a link... Links are ALWAYS useful !!!!!

Allen Framen
04-04-2017, 05:53 PM
I always thought the Pacific Coast was a beautiful motorcycle.

allen

SimonTemplar
04-04-2017, 06:51 PM
I remember when those first came out.

850cc, aren't they? (making it a good bike for your smaller wife or daughter....or at east that's what happened to the ones purchased by people I know)

.....sT

Ixol Phaane
04-04-2017, 07:27 PM
The PC800 was a fun bike. I had one back in the day. Of course, it didn't fit any traditional idea of a motorcycle with that trunk on the back. But it was a pretty good ride. 

ff73148
04-04-2017, 07:59 PM
I had one in 1997. It is an 800 cc v twin engine based on the 750 v twin platform. It's a cruiser with a plastic body. Fun bike great for touring. Has an incredible trunk. I got rid of it because I kept hitting the rev limiter.

JackB
04-04-2017, 08:21 PM
I also have a 1997 I drove it for 2 years, it was a great bike did everything I wanted but I just never like the way it looked.

2wheelsforme
04-04-2017, 08:46 PM
I see them for sale every once in a while. https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcd/6074006800.html

mtcgun
04-06-2017, 09:30 PM
awesome smooth riding little bikes. I had 2, they were great.

Bigcityd
04-06-2017, 09:46 PM
One of my riding buddies has one of these and a R1200R. The Pacific Coast is a white one with red pinstripes. The whole thing is shrouded in Tupperware. Smooth quiet machine. That rear trunk is unique in motorcycles. We got stopped at the Can/US border and the border agent asked to see what he was carrying, he popped the trunk. You should have seen the look on her face, "Do they all do that!?!" We laughed, she laughed. No duties or taxes required.

BIGLRY
04-08-2017, 02:59 PM
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/Honda%20PC%20800%20%2089.jpg

motozeke
04-18-2017, 02:54 PM
It was conceived as a yuppy bike back in the 80s, kind of like the equivalent of a two-wheeled 3 series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6MkkdxjDro

copper
04-18-2017, 07:56 PM
I always thought the Pacific Coast was a beautiful motorcycle.

allen

The PC800 was a fun bike. I had one back in the day. Of course, it didn't fit any traditional idea of a motorcycle with that trunk on the back. But it was a pretty good ride. 

I looked at them a few years ago.... just an older/earlier, smaller version of the F6B concept, imho. A decent 'starter' tourer for the right rider. And here, they qualify for significantly less cost for insurance, with collector status.

C

VStarRider
04-18-2017, 08:25 PM
My father has owned two of them, currently has a 1994 white one. Something to keep in mind - if they aren't stored indoors, the plastic gets brittle and starts to break after all these years.

On a side note, it had no problem beating my VStar 1100 in a race...except from a rolling start to 50 mph.

fast eddie
04-26-2017, 07:58 AM
The interesting thing is Honda through surveys ask the public what would be the perfect bike at the time. Twins, less then 1000cc enclosed bike (less washing I guess) etc and developed this mis-size touring commuter ( which tanked in sales) This what the Riders wanted but wouldn't buy.

dadeo
09-18-2017, 10:32 PM
I bought a 1996 PC-800 in 1998. 200 miles. Paid $5,000 or so. I put nearly 100,000 miles on mine in 10 years. Hit nearly every state from Florida to Maine and west to Ohio. It was comfy, sporty handling, a strong engine, and a nice tranny. There was a great aftermarket in the late 1990s. People who bought this bike were serious riders who put lots of miles on it, they liked the two saddlebags that opened from the top by raising the rear seat -- called a trunk in Honda's literature. Which was only one of many, many marketing mistakes made by Honda. The thing was an design and engineering exercise designed for car buyers. It was smooth riding perfection and utility in a market that craved sport-bikes and Harley biker style clones. Heck the thing had been wind tunnel tested for high speeds. So it took crosswinds better than any other bike. I rode my thru hurricane force winds twice. Easily. And contrary to what you may have heard Honda did little market research of actual motorcyclists. This thing was going to get cagers to buy. Honda did focus groups with non-riders, who told Honda that they wanted an Accord. Heck the dash looked like an Accord and the body style was curved like one. The rear lights were straight off a car. From the front the bike looked modern, cool. From the side it was kind of friendly. From the rear it was ugly. Bulbous, is that a word? Yeah from the rear it was frugly. Fat. Nonbikers DID love the looks and always asked me what the heck it was. Women seemed to love it and loved riding on the back. BUT too bad car buyers don't buy bikes. Gas prices were low. Harleys and sport bikes ruled. And the PC cost too much. It had a fantastic CD/stereo, self canceling turn signals an expensive wind tunnel tested body, but no M/C style. They put a bike designed to sell to cagers not in an auto dealership, but tried to sell them in motorcycle dealers -- who didn't know what to do with them. So they mostly sat. Honda made the PC for two years then stopped. They discounted prices to rid themselves of inventory. They got a few good reviews though and the parts were pretty much already made.... so... Honda brought them back a couple of years later. When they came back, the price dropped, the stereo/CD changer was dropped. They were marketed as sport-tourers alongside the ST-1100. And they got more great reviews from the likes of Rider/Motorcycle Consumer Reports, and then they sold at a decent pace. There was no mention of the Accord. In 1997 and 1998 the self canceling turn signals were deleted as was the wind tunnel tested front fender. I always said mine was made in the best year, 1996 was before they went to Honda Red, the best color. Mine lasted until I hit an oil patch in 2007. :icon_frown:

JackB
09-19-2017, 08:13 AM
I had a PC for 2 years loved everything about it but the looks.

druggr
09-19-2017, 10:34 AM
I had a PC for 2 years loved everything about it but the looks.

I remember it came out about the same time as a GL1500. Although I bought a new 89' GL1500, I thought they were both ugly.