PDA

View Full Version : The importance of helmet/bike cams

taxfree4
04-05-2017, 06:43 AM
This article reveals the importance of documenting these assholes, wouldn't it be perfect revenge if he gets raped in prison by a biker.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/04/03/69-year-old-gets-15-years-in-prison-for-road-rage-assault.html

willtill
04-05-2017, 08:03 AM
This article reveals the importance of documenting these assholes, wouldn't it be perfect revenge if he gets raped in prison by a biker.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/04/03/69-year-old-gets-15-years-in-prison-for-road-rage-assault.html

What a Crummy guy (asshat's name is William Crum).

Noticed that the biker was passing on a double yellow line though... that's illegal. Wonder if he got a ticket for that? At any rate... no excuse for what the crummy dude did...

taxfree4
04-05-2017, 08:29 AM
That front/rear camera system I installed was the best money I ever spent but that's the double edged sword, it documents the stupidity of other A-holes but also records your own dumb shit.

willtill
04-05-2017, 09:08 AM
That front/rear camera system I installed was the best money I ever spent but that's the double edged sword, it documents the stupidity of other A-holes but also records your own dumb shit.

Yep. Why I don't have one. Yet.

wiggy
04-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Actually, I think I read the biker got out of the ticket because the driver was purposely driving very slowly. In the courts ruling, that alone was a hazard that the biker had a right to get away from. Or sometime like that...

taxfree4
04-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Actually, I think I read the biker got out of the ticket because the driver was purposely driving very slowly. In the courts ruling, that alone was a hazard that the biker had a right to get away from. Or sometime like that...

Moral of the story: The driver was once, twice a dickhead as the song goes.

taxfree4
04-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Close call, this could have turned out real bad.

http://www.housebeautiful.com/lifestyle/news/a8445/watch-huge-buck-jump-over-motorcycle/?ref=yfp

jm21ddd15
04-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Yep. Why I don't have one. Yet.

Yes, those cameras work for and against you. Possible evidence that your insurance company may deny your claims, or reduce any payouts, if it shows that you are doing wrong. The "other" partys' lawyer, in a contested case would love video like that. I won't get one.

taxfree4
04-06-2017, 08:40 AM
That's when you swallow the micro SD card before the cops come. "I'm sorry officer I forgot to put an SD card in, happens all the time."

ghost
04-07-2017, 12:18 PM
How afraid of life to we have to be, that we feel the need to have webcams and guns just to take a ride on the scoot? Where is the line between practicality and paranoia? Crime, though reported much more quickly and vividly, is actually down considerably. Relax and enjoy the ride!

taxfree4
04-07-2017, 04:14 PM
How afraid of life to we have to be, that we feel the need to have webcams and guns just to take a ride on the scoot? Where is the line between practicality and paranoia? Crime, though reported much more quickly and vividly, is actually down considerably. Relax and enjoy the ride!

Let me answer that, nothing to do with paranoia. Last year I pull up to a light behind a car, stop, plant my feet and all of a sudden the car goes into reverse and starts backing up. It was a split second and BANG the dumb c#nt plows into the front of my bike, bent my front tubes cracks my fender and pushes me back a couple feet till she realizes she hit something. She gets out of the car and says "Why did you run into the back of my car?" To which I responded "Who did you blow to get your license?". She jumps in the car and pulls away. I had a witness there, made out the police report, called the insurance company, they called the witness, done deal or so I thought. Turns out she claims that I had run into her, had a witness-she didn't, but my insurance company made the decision to call it a wash, my word against hers, despite her witness unable to describe my bike, even the color, and her leaving the scene. Bottom line it cost me $1000 for her to run into me. Had the bike cam been on there would be no question and this lying t*at would have had to take the full responsibility and it wouldn't have cost me a dime.

copper
04-08-2017, 06:06 AM
Let me answer that, nothing to do with paranoia. Last year I pull up to a light behind a car, stop, plant my feet and all of a sudden the car goes into reverse and starts backing up. It was a split second and BANG the dumb c#nt plows into the front of my bike, bent my front tubes cracks my fender and pushes me back a couple feet till she realizes she hit something. She gets out of the car and says "Why did you run into the back of my car?" To which I responded "Who did you blow to get your license?". She jumps in the car and pulls away. I had a witness there, made out the police report, called the insurance company, they called the witness, done deal or so I thought. Turns out she claims that I had run into her, had a witness-she didn't, but my insurance company made the decision to call it a wash, my word against hers, despite her witness unable to describe my bike, even the color, and her leaving the scene. Bottom line it cost me $1000 for her to run into me. Had the bike cam been on there would be no question and this lying t*at would have had to take the full responsibility and it wouldn't have cost me a dime.

Wasn't On my bike though, was in my jeep.
Lucky for me, a female in the lane beside me witnessed the lady roll back into me. Caused me a lot of grief initially, worked out in the end. The bull bar steel front bumper on my jeep didn't suffer a scratch. But in that case, made me consider cams front and rear. Still haven't installed any though.

C

wjduke
04-08-2017, 10:25 AM
My quick story...thanks for witnesses. I don't have a camera yet either. I got hit by a car while traveling in the line of traffic. This 83 year old just pulled out exactly when I was about in front of him. He tells the cop after I was in the ambulance, that he had an opening but I passed a car and filled that opening on him. Thankfully, a witness stepped up and rebuked that statement. Who would they believe, a biker or an elderly driver? Cost me thousands later because the sob had minimal insurance. That was three years ago this Monday. Be extra careful out there. BTW, full gear at the time saved a lot more damage than my 80% ankle that I live with. They don't see us!

taxfree4
04-08-2017, 05:52 PM
It's a small investment that will save you plenty of money and adds another level of safety. You don't realize how many times a day you are videoed, taken a picture of, recorded. The NSA can switch on your cell phone, with the battery out of it, by activating the chip and turn it into a listening device - 1984 is here.

taxfree4
04-11-2017, 12:59 AM
Helmet cams - exposing a-holes daily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awmBSuSzeZ4

willtill
04-11-2017, 06:01 AM
One issue that I am wondering about is the durability of cameras on a motorcycle; especially if the unmentionable happens.

Helmet Cams would be great; though not so great I would think... if the helmet impacted during an incident. I guess that as long as a helmet camera had a removable SD card, it would possibly remain intact. Maybe.

Better than nothing I guess. :shrug:

taxfree4
04-11-2017, 07:41 AM
With the INNOVV system I have the cameras are encased in a weatherproof aluminum housing. I keep the monitor/harddrive in the saddlebag. These things are rugged, I have no doubt in a crash they would hold up. Included also is a protective lens cover which adds anot her level of protection. What would probably happen on impact is the Tupperware in the front and back, which the L brackets holding the camera are attached to, would snap off leaving the camera dangling by the cord, maybe scratch the lens cover.

taxfree4
04-11-2017, 07:44 AM
One issue that I am wondering about is the durability of cameras on a motorcycle; especially if the unmentionable happens.

Helmet Cams would be great; though not so great I would think... if the helmet impacted during an incident. I guess that as long as a helmet camera had a removable SD card, it would possibly remain intact. Maybe.

Better than nothing I guess. :shrug:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=10h1TmJQ77w