PDA

View Full Version : Not riding as much

blackmetoc
04-15-2017, 07:32 AM
Since about February, i've not been riding quite as much. I ride to work and back most days, but just hopping up and riding is not as possible. I have a puppy. They had a litter of nine across the street so I grabbed one. So that said, I'd like to get her on the bike with me so I can get back to riding and she can get out and come with me. I don't have a back rest, so I think I'll need to get a new seat so I can get a doggy carrier of some sort. Anybody have any suggestions? Calvin's Ultimate seat was pretty nice. My Mustang is great, but I don't think I can put a carrier for her back there.

willtill
04-15-2017, 08:25 AM
What kind of pup do you have? Anything that you get; you want it to be scalable for the pup once it grows up.

Don't laugh, but a plastic milk crate bungee'ed to the passenger handrails with a cushion underneath; with a short leash to keep the pup from jumping out may work for you at the moment (temporarily).... very :icon_cool: to take man's best friend for a motorcycle ride.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a dog hangs it's head out of a car window... :icon_mrgreen:

Lot's of ideas here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dog+on+a+motorcycle&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv3Y2byKbTAhWESiYKHdFaB0QQ_AUICCgB&biw=1600&bih=1036#tbm=isch&q=dog+on+a+motorcycle+carrier&imgrc=jqS7R-psqiB0rM:

GNW
04-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Since about February, i've not been riding quite as much. I ride to work and back most days, but just hopping up and riding is not as possible. I have a puppy. They had a litter of nine across the street so I grabbed one. So that said, I'd like to get her on the bike with me so I can get back to riding and she can get out and come with me. I don't have a back rest, so I think I'll need to get a new seat so I can get a doggy carrier of some sort. Anybody have any suggestions? Calvin's Ultimate seat was pretty nice. My Mustang is great, but I don't think I can put a carrier for her back there.

How about a baby chimp for a riding companion ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N21RDbdUqhc

blackmetoc
04-15-2017, 08:49 AM
What kind of pup do you have? Anything that you get; you want it to be scalable for the pup once it grows up.

Don't laugh, but a plastic milk crate bungee'ed to the passenger handrails with a cushion underneath; with a short leash to keep the pup from jumping out may work for you at the moment (temporarily).... very :icon_cool: to take man's best friend for a motorcycle ride.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a dog hangs it's head out of a car window... :icon_mrgreen:

Lot's of ideas here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dog+on+a+motorcycle&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv3Y2byKbTAhWESiYKHdFaB0QQ_AUICCgB&biw=1600&bih=1036#tbm=isch&q=dog+on+a+motorcycle+carrier&imgrc=jqS7R-psqiB0rM:

She is an Australian Shepherd.

copper
04-15-2017, 11:35 AM
She is an Australian Shepherd.

Great dog!

I recall seeing a guy with a large style tour box with whole cut in the top, where his lap-size dog was able to poke it's head out of. He'd even put a circular scene around the hole int he box to protect the dog from the wind.

As a puppy, a tour pack style box or crate will work, but I think you'll have to look at a sidecar in a year or sooner!!

unsub
04-16-2017, 01:16 AM
It'll be all grown up and off to college in no time. Sniff sniff ...... :-/

blackmetoc
04-21-2017, 11:21 PM
It'll be all grown up and off to college in no time. Sniff sniff ...... :-/

She won't date until after she's married. :-)