PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone added rear speakers?

Darkknight
05-13-2013, 04:57 AM
I'm thinking of adding a pair of rear speakers.
I'm assuming the wiring harness is under the back lid area somewhere.
Possibly add a couple of Pyle bullet shaped speakers off the backrest bolts, low and just a little behind the backress cushion. I'll probably make a custom bracket.

Maybe someone has already figured this out.

pblair
05-13-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking of adding a pair of rear speakers.
I'm assuming the wiring harness is under the back lid area somewhere.
Possibly add a couple of Pyle bullet shaped speakers off the backrest bolts, low and just a little behind the backress cushion. I'll probably make a custom bracket.

Maybe someone has already figured this out.

The connector is under the seat, see what is under the seat in garage topics. Where would I get some of these Pyle speakers?

BubbaJePH
05-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Are these the kind of speakers you are talking about?
I have some like these on the handle bars of my 1300R VTX.

http://www.amazon.com/PLMCA20-Motorcycle-Snowmobile-handle-bar-Weatherproof/dp/B002UL7YII/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368457640&sr=1-1&keywords=speaker+pyle%2C+motorcycle

Darkknight
05-13-2013, 12:33 PM
yes they looked like that but I didn't think that they were amplified. and they were black.

Pyle PLMCS36.

www.sonicelectronix.com/item_52124_Pyle-PLMCS36.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CNqTg_nOk7cCFcfd4Aod5wIAOg

pblair
05-13-2013, 08:24 PM
yes they looked like that but I didn't think that they were amplified. and they were black.

Pyle PLMCS36.

www.sonicelectronix.com/item_52124_Pyle-PLMCS36.html?utm_source=goo**e&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CNqTg_nOk7cCFcfd4Aod5wIAOg

I like those.

billphoenix
05-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Our stereo system is booming loud!
I rarely have to turn it up close to max. Great bass and clear sound at any speed.
You would be able to have surround sound with rear speakers if you did it, but those bullet speakers don't have much bass.

av8rdave
05-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Since they plug into the existing wiring, will the fader on the sound system work as designed?

Darkknight
05-18-2013, 06:50 PM
First, lets start with what didn't work... Rear speaker harness p/n AO45180123 from Cycle Giant.com Wingstuff $29.99:nono:
Arrived today and was not a fit for our bikes. Rather than return and wait, I dissected the plug for the spade ends and wire, then used that to plug individually into the bike harness.
I made the bracket out of 1/4 in steel and painted them Matt Black. They are pretty sturdy.

Now what worked...These little Pyle PLMCS36 are just the look I was after. The are not amplified and they will not overpower the front set. My goal was to just add a little something for my passenger to make up for the sound I may have been blocking from the front. :yes:

The fader is functional although I didn't see a balance control on the radio. I'll look closer tomorrow. I also hope to ride tomorrow to test these speakers but as I said they are more for my passenger.

If I raise the backrest by using a good size aluminum spacer, I could see bolting on larger speakers as part of the backrest extension.

I could see a total upgrade but I hate to use the saddlebags for that (amp and or speakers).
I don't want a rolling Boom Box.

I'll update after I use them a bit, but I like the way they look.

Steve 0080
05-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!..............

BLACKBETTY12
05-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Good Job Darknight!

Yeahoo Whoyah
05-19-2013, 01:56 AM
Are these really speakers? They look like running lights to me.