PDA

View Full Version : Ride off stand

dkooris
04-18-2017, 08:53 PM
Greetings from New England,

Has anyone installed one of these? I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for the factory center stand, plus the ride off concept is something I really liked on my last bike. You can get one for under $200 and I don't see any negatives. Anyone have some insight?

Thanks,
Geoff

shortleg0521
04-18-2017, 10:17 PM

Has anyone installed one of these? I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for the factory center stand, plus the ride off concept is something I really liked on my last bike. You can get one for under $200 and I don't see any negatives. Anyone have some insight?

Thanks,
Geoff

The only draw back for us older folks is that this stand will not raise the rear off ground enough for real service.

dkooris
04-19-2017, 12:05 PM
The only draw back for us older folks is that this stand will not raise the rear off ground enough for real service.

I did think about that, but for the times you service vs times you ride, a ride off stand is starting to make sense.

Geoff

Circle-5
04-19-2017, 05:58 PM
I have a Ride-Off stand and I like it. But like shortleg says, sometimes it would be nice to get the rear wheel off the ground (for starters, to find the valve stem).

My F6B came without a center stand, so this one made sense, but if I had the OEM center stand, I would probably not replace it.

I never had the opportunity to park a Wing on its OEM center stand, but the Ride-Off makes it amazingly effortless – much easier than with bikes half the weight.

glryder98
04-20-2017, 07:06 AM

Thanks,
Geoff

I have a ride off stand and I love it. Use a piece of 1/2 plywood under the centerstand and it will lift the rear wheel just enough to get it off the ground.

copper
04-24-2017, 08:52 PM
I have a ride off stand and I love it. Use a piece of 1/2 plywood under the centerstand and it will lift the rear wheel just enough to get it off the ground.

I have a Ride-Off stand and I like it. But like shortleg says, sometimes it would be nice to get the rear wheel off the ground (for starters, to find the valve stem).

My F6B came without a center stand, so this one made sense, but if I had the OEM center stand, I would probably not replace it.
I never had the opportunity to park a Wing on its OEM center stand, but the Ride-Off makes it amazingly effortless – much easier than with bikes half the weight.

Anyone have a link to a centre stand? I'd like to look at it....thanx

C

olegoat345
04-24-2017, 09:49 PM
A link to the "ride off stand" would be nice. Sounds like it may be easier to get it up too.

HBWinger
04-24-2017, 10:00 PM
A link to the "ride off stand" would be nice. Sounds like it may be easier to get it up too.

http://wingstuff.com/products/2364-black-ride-off-center-stand-for-gl1800?from_search=1

taxfree4
04-25-2017, 05:35 AM
Baker sells one you may want to throw an eyeball on.

http://bakerbuiltairwings.com/proddetail.php?prod=H18CRS

Steve 0080
04-25-2017, 06:54 AM

I have three pieces of 2x12 about 18 inches long that I ride upon to do service. For front tire removal I have a Pitbull Jack. Both of these options work out well. The ride off stand would work just as well as stock in this manner.

olegoat345
04-25-2017, 07:41 AM
Thanks! Looks like it might be the way to go. Steve's 2x12's sound good.

olegoat345
05-06-2017, 08:06 AM
As anyone tried modifying the OEM center stand to make it easier to raise the bike?
I'm no engineer but I'm sure some of you engineers or engineer types may have thought of this.

cueman
05-06-2017, 09:21 AM
I saw on here before that a company makes an extended handle to help leverage the bike up on the stock center stand. :icon_biggrin: cueman

broncsrule21
05-06-2017, 01:42 PM
I am interested in the ride off stand also, mine is a non deluxe model. But the reviews of this product are all over the place. Some say it is awesome, some say it is the worst product ever...

Kokomo Kevin
06-28-2017, 07:59 AM
Been thinking about ordering a center stand from HOR for a 2013 standard that did not come with one. Will I need to do any modifications to install it?

Kokomo Kevin

olegoat345
06-28-2017, 08:26 AM
I saw a life long GW rider put his F6A on the C. Stand with a EZ push of his toe. I ask it he had a ride off. He stated didn't like the ride off for several reasons. Same as you can read in the ride off ratings.
He told he had cut his OEM C. stand 3/4". His tire was on the ground. He said some folks cut 1/2" others 3/4".
Using a hacksaw, I cut mine 5/8". Using a die grinder, I did my own grinding & fitting so it fit back as it should. Make sure you mark everything before you cut. The local welder charged me $20. A little spray paint & it works great! I have new tires & the tire is off the ground about 1/8" - 3/16", plenty to air the tire.

Pauls.Ride
07-16-2017, 04:56 PM
Been thinking about ordering a center stand from HOR for a 2013 standard that did not come with one. Will I need to do any modifications to install it?

Kokomo Kevin

I just added a center stand to the standard model today and it took less than an hour. I purchased the center stand from a trike modification company on eBay for $53 shipped. I purchased the additional hardware that was needed for about $10 from TMSParts. No modifications were necessary to complete the job. The one recommendation is to pick up a spring hook (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BUI5UEQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) ($7 amazon) to install the spring.