PDA

View Full Version : It's coming to an END!!!

goldtahoe
10-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Yes folks .. I'm jealous ... all of you year around riders ... go F' off .. lol. Here in Chicago ... it's about over after another 2 to 3 weeks ... and I don't know how i'm going to cope ... maybe I'll go invest in a snow mobile!!! Put my F6B badges on it and roll out ... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Deer Slayer
10-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Delta is ready when you are. We have lots of transplants here in N.C.

Westernbiker
10-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Not to pour salt in the wound but the PRIME TIME RIDING is just starting here in beauliful SUNNY Arizona! YAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggthumpup:

Scotrod
10-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Same here in TX!
I usually take a break during the HOT season, but prime-time is here!

Paul B Blues
10-07-2013, 10:33 AM
I know the feeling, we're almost done here too. Gonna be a long winter. It'll give me time to polish it ready for Spring.:icon_razz:

Paul B......:icon_cool:

JesseS
10-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Has been in the eighties here and the riding is awesome as the summer heat is past. We can ride all year if you don't mind some 40º days or a little rain once in a while. I used to live in up state NY and would hate the day I had to store the bike away for the winter, I feel for you.

Texas TC
10-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Yes folks .. I'm jealous ... all of you year around riders ... go F' off .. lol. Here in Chicago ... it's about over after another 2 to 3 weeks ... and I don't know how i'm going to cope ... maybe I'll go invest in a snow mobile!!! Put my F6B badges on it and roll out ... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I have owned and been riding motorcycles since I was 15 years old. That is 50 years as of this year. The break in those years came from 1984-1989. Those were the five winters my family and I were transferred to the Western suburbs of Chicago. I sold my motorcycle for those years and started back riding as soon as I was transferred back to Texas! I agree with others in southern regions, the best riding season is just beginning down here. Sorry for your shortened riding season. Spring is just around the corner and you will probably get a few days in during those infamous Indian summer days that often come around in the fall in the midwest.

chipmaker
10-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Not to pour salt in the wound but the PRIME TIME RIDING is just starting here in beauliful SUNNY Arizona! YAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggthumpup:

Yep, commuting on the bike for the next 8 months...

Steve 0080
10-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Same here in Fl....from Oct 1 - April 1 weather in Fl is near perfect... maybe 3-4 days that it would take more than a jacket and scarf !!!!

MichaelG
10-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Same here in Western Washington State. The east side gets colder, and more snow than we get, so for all intents and purposes we can ride all year too. I can remember that back in late '97...and ironically early '98 (you will see why in a moment)...I rode the very last BunBurner 1500 Gold of the year for '97, and the very first BunBurner 1500 Gold for the year for '98, because I left home on December 30th and rode 1500 miles south...then turned around and rode 1500 miles back to home on January 1st. It was...sorta...fun trying to get over the Siskyous (sp) between the California and Oregon border. :shock:

BTW, a BunBurner 1500 Gold is riding 1500 miles in under 24 hours.

So...all you F6B riders down in El Dorado Hills...plan a ride in January or February, and I will be there.

1951vbs
10-07-2013, 07:08 PM
According to Aerostich Chicago has 307 ridable days per year. I do enjoy South Carolina and 365 day riding but I changed my whole life, left family, friends and a job to move here 18 years ago from Minnesota. Even in MN I rode a minimum of 15,000 miles a year (without trips) from March 15 to Christmas. You have to ride home from work in the snow and ice every once in a while but the ride TOO work was worth it! That being said I am not moving back and I do feel your pain LOL!

gray rider
10-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Aerostich considers any day without an erupting volcano, tsunami, encroaching glacier or direct hit by an asteroid a viable day of riding. Being a Minnesotan and living not far from Duluth, I say go for it! At least until the salt on the roads leaves just the rubber parts from my bikes in a heap on the shop floor.

1951vbs
10-07-2013, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=gray rider;11910]Aerostich considers any day without an erupting volcano, tsunami, encroaching glacier or direct hit by an asteroid a viable day of riding. QUOTE]

Sounds about right!
And according to Aerostich Duluth has 238 riding days per year. (that is pushing it) I have been on the hills in the winter. I used to sell alot of brakes and clutches in that town!

fsixb_AZ
10-07-2013, 08:00 PM
I moved from Colorado 25 years ago for one reason. SNOW. I raced Motocross and going sometimes a month without being able to hit the track really blew, I was lucky enough to transfer with the same Company I still work for and a funny thing happened after a January vacation drive thru Phoenix, when I got back from that trip I put in my transfer and that was the end of it, now I ride street and for the next 6 months will be enjoying every minute of it. Sorry all you 3 season riders....I enjoy riding in all 4:icon_mrgreen:

1951vbs
10-07-2013, 08:10 PM
I moved from Colorado 25 years ago for one reason. SNOW. I raced Motocross and going sometimes a month without being able to hit the track really blew, I was lucky enough to transfer with the same Company I still work for and a funny thing happened after a January vacation drive thru Phoenix, when I got back from that trip I put in my transfer and that was the end of it, now I ride street and for the next 6 months will be enjoying every minute of it. Sorry all you 3 season riders....I enjoy riding in all 4:icon_mrgreen:

If you think Aerostich criteria is too broad they claim only 214 riding days for Phoenix (due to heat considerations). 269 for Denver.
Scott, maybe you moved for the wrong reason? Not!:icon_lol:

HogSlayer
10-07-2013, 08:14 PM
I live 3hrs south of Chi town but if there aint snow or ice on the road I strap
on the cold weather gear and off I go, usually a little shorter ride but a little ride
Is better than no ride!

1951vbs
10-07-2013, 08:49 PM
I live 3hrs south of Chi town but if there aint snow or ice on the road I strap
on the cold weather gear and off I go, usually a little shorter ride but a little ride
Is better than no ride!

You would be surprised how much more you ride if it is your only transportation. Jus-sayin. We had the remnants of tropical storm Karen come through this morning/day and I didn't have to contemplate hmmm take the truck or F6B. My only choice is bike and with the help of my trusty Roadcrafter suit made it unscathed. Thank goodness no lightning, just wind and rain.

HogSlayer
10-07-2013, 08:58 PM
You would be surprised how much more you ride if it is your only transportation. Jus-sayin. We had the remnants of tropical storm Karen come through this morning/day and I didn't have to contemplate hmmm take the truck or F6B. My only choice is bike and with the help of my trusty Roadcrafter suit made it unscathed. Thank goodness no lightning, just wind and rain.

When I came out of the desert in 91 I stationed at Patrick afb and i had no vehicle first I bought was a kz900 and got caught in tropical storm on A1A highway, use to fly that kz down to the Keys all the time:icon_biggrin:

contek
10-07-2013, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=gray rider;11910]Aerostich considers any day without an erupting volcano, tsunami, encroaching glacier or direct hit by an asteroid a viable day of riding. Being a Minnesotan and living not far from Duluth, I say go for it! At least until the salt on the roads leaves just the rubber parts from my bikes in a heap on the shop floor.[/QUOTE

Miles do you think aerostitch count lightning strikes too? :rainyday:

ChiSteve
10-08-2013, 08:13 PM

I'm in mount prospect and I don't plan on putting her away until the salt hits the ground.

Pm me lets get a chi town fb6 crew going.

Yeahoo Whoyah
10-08-2013, 10:37 PM
So the Aerostich Rideable Days Poster indicates Hawaii and San Francisco at 365-days and San Diego 364-days? What's that one San Diego day like? :iduno:

Big Dawg
10-09-2013, 05:51 PM

Hey we have a little more room down south, Pack up and come on down. My head CNC machinist has a sign in his office that says, "I ain't from the south, but I got here as soon as I could"

jkelley
10-10-2013, 05:21 AM
Hey we have a little more room down south, Pack up and come on down. My head CNC machinist has a sign in his office that says, "I ain't from the south, but I got here as soon as I could"

Shhhhh, keep it a secret. We got enough leaf lookers here now that it's dangerous out here.