PDA

View Full Version : COBRA 6 into 6 Debaffeled

JAYZSTEALTH/SHIRTS
10-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I am confused I just picked up the cobra 6 into 6.I ran them Saturday without the baffles WOW

I just called cobra and a rep said this could make the bike run lean. My question is, How could that

be. The a/f ratio has not changed, no different air filter and the change was after the CAT.

Any input would be grateful.

I even unhooked the battery during install to allow the bike computer to adjust

Scotrod
10-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Keyword is 'could'. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Steve 0080
10-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Yep....that is a non issue...you may want to post a sound bite there are a few that want to here the pipes un capped !!!

billv45
10-07-2013, 03:22 PM
I am confused I just picked up the cobra 6 into 6.I ran them Saturday without the baffles WOW

I just called cobra and a rep said this could make the bike run lean. My question is, How could that

be. The a/f ratio has not changed, no different air filter and the change was after the CAT.

I'm no expert but I believe it has to due with the back pressure, or lack there of...

Schuvwj
10-07-2013, 04:49 PM

Rev it up and piss your neighbors off!

Mustangjake
10-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Pull a plug and check it !

jakec
10-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Your bike has fuel injection with oxygen sensors running through an ECM, I don't see how it could run lean. It should self adjust. The same as running at high or low altitudes.
Jakec

xzvs
10-11-2013, 02:51 AM
I AM an expert (honda tech) and if it causes a problem (lean) then an engineer needs to be severely beaten. As long as the cataylist and o2 sensors are in place-- the bike technically should not "know". Backpressure theory is horsepoo IMO all engines are basically air pumps the more it pumps the more it goes -- PERIOD

xzvs
10-11-2013, 02:55 AM
the one exception is torque -- intake runner length and exhaust can play a part -- but it's minuscule