PDA

View Full Version : Dismounting off the F6B

SBF6B2013
04-27-2017, 11:02 AM
I'm a new rider of the F6B but I've noticed when I dismount off of it if my foot is down and I turn my hip you start getting a pain so now I start I get my knee on top and then just roll any other suggestions

six2go
04-27-2017, 11:18 AM
I can relate:icon_rolleyes: I'm old,short,and have pains in my hips when mounting or dismounting. What I have found that helps me is to stand on the kickstand side peg, or in my case the floorboard, then swing the right leg over. I take hold of the grips and as I step onto the peg/floorboard I center my weight over the bike so I'm not loading the kickstand very much.

Sorcerer
04-27-2017, 11:18 AM
Are you dismounting to the left or right?

DTOM
04-27-2017, 01:54 PM
These links might help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYcFtnE4_t8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGhVAQqTJdo

...well, probably not :)

Elroy
04-27-2017, 02:14 PM
With your hands on the grips, leaning your upper body forward like you are going to kiss your windshield helps too in swinging your leg over to clear the bike.

SBF6B2013
04-27-2017, 02:39 PM
I can relate:icon_rolleyes: I'm old,short,and have pains in my hips when mounting or dismounting. What I have found that helps me is to stand on the kickstand side peg, or in my case the floorboard, then swing the right leg over. I take hold of the grips and as I step onto the peg/floorboard I center my weight over the bike so I'm not loading the kickstand very much.

Floorboards I have not thought about floorboards do they scrape on the ground when you make turns I have the small windshield the original and I like the air bubble that it helps interns I live in Monterey California in Salinas and the roads are really nice but the wind keeps the bike down with the wind blowing in any direction especially straightforward like a arrow or like a missile kind of I've have noticed

SBF6B2013
04-27-2017, 02:44 PM
With your hands on the grips, leaning your upper body forward like you are going to kiss your windshield helps too in swinging your leg over to clear the bike.

I will try that I have done that I think I was tired and lazy probably that's probably why I turned foot and kept my leg straightforward

53driver
04-27-2017, 02:49 PM
Sometimes, for fun, I'll dismount the right side.
Both hands on the handgrips, front tire FULL left, kickstand down.
I stand up on the pegs, left leg and left arm come over and off.
Not as much pressure on the kickstand.

Steve 0080
04-27-2017, 03:15 PM
As a rule I step on the foot peg and climb on...same on dismount. Motorman style!

53driver
04-27-2017, 03:21 PM
As a rule I step on the foot peg and climb on...same on dismount. Motorman style!

Yes, but which side?

Steve 0080
04-27-2017, 03:33 PM
Always left side. I only ever changed sides with my horse in case I got hurt and needed to mount from the right. Horses are a little spooky if you do something you have never done before and my show out, then it is rodeo time!

willtill
04-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Not my F6B.. but my DR650 I have to mount from the right side; using the right peg; while the bike is still on the kickstand. That way it puts less strain on the kick stand when I start to stand on the right peg; and swing my left leg over.

The DR650 is pretty tall, and my 30" inseam is pretty short.

Another bike that's a bitch to mount is the Honda Africa Twin. That bike is akin to Mount Everest. :shock:

BIGLRY
04-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Not my F6B.. but my DR650 I have to mount from the right side; using the right peg; while the bike is still on the kickstand. That way it puts less strain on the kick stand when I start to stand on the right peg; and swing my left leg over.

Another bike that's a bitch to mount is the Honda Africa Twin. That bike is akin to Mount Everest. :shock:Just like my 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 which even with my 36" inseam is a bitch to throw a leg over.:icon_doh:

SBF6B2013
04-27-2017, 11:54 PM
That's what they call that :o) I'll try that tomorrow buddy you have gave me a phrase of the day

SBF6B2013
04-27-2017, 11:57 PM

Another bike that's a bitch to mount is the Honda Africa Twin. That bike is akin to Mount Everest. :shock:

My last bike was a C 50 so it's a lot narrower and shorter the width of the bike is a strange thing about turning your hips and the hip joints that way too quick to judge him

SBF6B2013
04-27-2017, 11:59 PM

From the right then I put my foot down and then when I throw my other leg over my hips don't have room to turn because of how wide the bike is but I think I'm going to try the motor man style tomorrow and then one of the other gentleman had a different style I'm gonna try that too

SBF6B2013
04-28-2017, 12:01 AM

The right side the width of the bike is the hard part n

SBF6B2013
04-28-2017, 11:07 AM
That's what they call that :o) I'll try that tomorrow buddy you have gave me a phrase of the day

I tried it this morning that is so fun and it looks so cool

SBF6B2013
04-28-2017, 11:09 AM

Floorboards I have not thought about floorboards do they scrape on the ground when you make turns I have the small windshield the original and I like the air bubble that it helps interns I live in Monterey California in Salinas and the roads are really nice but the wind keeps the bike down with the wind blowing in any direction especially straightforward like a arrow or like a missile kind of I've have noticed

Just tried something this morning I put my left foot on my buddy pig and then I stepped through and just walk up the bike it is so cool looking you can't believe it you should try it