PDA

View Full Version : Discontinuing f6?

Flhfxd
04-27-2017, 02:40 PM
I heard that Honda may drop this model. Can anyone verify this?
It might factor in to timing a purchase.
Thx. Flhfxd

Steve 0080
04-27-2017, 03:19 PM
No one knows and Honda WILL NOT tell...

Sorcerer
04-27-2017, 06:52 PM
Take it for what it's werth. This being the second year of white and I thought 2017 being white only may the tell.

Jimmytee
04-27-2017, 07:24 PM
The thought/rumor, but it's been thought previously, is that 2018 will be the year for a new Gold Wing. If that turns out to be true, I'd be surprised if the F6B is included in the offerings.

opas ride
04-27-2017, 07:37 PM
Honda really stays very "tight" with new releases, but my guess, with the terribly slow sales volume of the F6B, it is a "goner" ....Too bad as it is one the nicest bikes I have owned over the years and I have had a bunch!!!...Ride safe

Flhfxd
04-27-2017, 10:29 PM
Wonder if the f6b styling was a test for the new GW / bagger style....?

GiddyupF6B
04-27-2017, 10:49 PM
We will have a Limited edition if that's the case!

taxfree4
04-28-2017, 04:28 AM
I am 56 y.o. now and I am pretty sure I will not need another bike the rest of my life, just have to dump the Sportster, so even if they do discontinue it so what. I used to swap out every two years because I was looking for the right bike that fit me. There is nothing this bike needs, especially after the Torq Loopz, well maybe the Daytona mufflers, after that I'm done. If you're not going to get rid of it and not play the trade-in game let them do whatever they want because they'll always, at least in the forseable future, have the Goldwing so the parts will always be there. It's like a Rolex Daytona, they only make a certain amount every year and that's it.

Flhfxd
04-28-2017, 08:53 AM
I am 56 y.o. now and I am pretty sure I will not need another bike the rest of my life, just have to dump the Sportster, so even if they do discontinue it so what. I used to swap out every two years because I was looking for the right bike that fit me. There is nothing this bike needs, especially after the Torq Loopz, well maybe the Daytona mufflers, after that I'm done. If you're not going to get rid of it and not play the trade-in game let them do whatever they want because they'll always, at least in the forseable future, have the Goldwing so the parts will always be there. It's like a Rolex Daytona, they only make a certain amount every year and that's it.

I completely understand. Just to clarify, I'm trying to "time" my purchase ie: do I get an F6B in 2017.....cause they may be discontinued? Or do I wait for the new (someone suggested 2018) GoldWing cause it just might be, even better with quick detach backrest, luggage rack, aft trunk, and super slick F6B styling.....? Hmmmmmm.......

willtill
04-28-2017, 09:35 AM
I completely understand. Just to clarify, I'm trying to "time" my purchase ie: do I get an F6B in 2017.....cause they may be discontinued? Or do I wait for the new (someone suggested 2018) GoldWing cause it just might be, even better with quick detach backrest, luggage rack, aft trunk, and super slick F6B styling.....? Hmmmmmm.......

You have time to buy a 2017 later if you want. They're not selling like hot cakes.

drtsb
04-28-2017, 10:32 AM
I just bought a 2017 F6B in Canada, it's matte silver, darker then the 2015/16, it's the only colour available in Canada, and they are selling here like hotcakes

Dave...

HBWinger
04-28-2017, 12:00 PM

If past sales are any indicator they will have plenty 2017's left over in the showrooms in 2018 if the new Goldwing is brought out. :clap2:

jm21ddd15
04-28-2017, 02:03 PM
I just bought a 2017 F6B in Canada, it's matte silver, darker then the 2015/16, it's the only colour available in Canada, and they are selling here like hotcakes

Dave...
If that's the case, U.S. Dealers will be sending their left over stock up your way. If you buy one without a "tool kit" then it was destined for the US. Enjoy!

Flhfxd
04-28-2017, 04:33 PM

Dave...

Oh no...!!!! I don't care for silver, I really want the fastest color...heheheheheh. :stirthepot:

willtill
04-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Oh no...!!!! I don't care for silver, I really want the fastest color...heheheheheh. :stirthepot:

Then you need the matte silver. :yes:

The matte silver color actually is the result of a color change, induced from the thermodynamics of speed when the bike is tested at the factory. No other F6B's color undergoes this thermodynamically related color transformation, since they cannot attain the top speed and acceleration of the matte silver model.

mrjava
04-28-2017, 06:18 PM
I believe it is the inverse square of the speed of dark....

Alberta Beagle
04-30-2017, 09:10 PM
Matte Silver is available in Canada this year. Still a few 2016 on showroom floors in my area.

I looked on The Honda USA website and there is no mention of a 2017 for the USA.

Beagle

pilotguy299
05-01-2017, 04:31 AM
trying to do timing is a great way to miss out on something you want.

if you want the bike, then just go ahead and buy it.

Flhfxd
05-01-2017, 09:06 AM
trying to do timing is a great way to miss out on something you want.

if you want the bike, then just go ahead and buy it.

Well I could do that, but I have to sell a couple of my bikes before I buy another new one. Its a garage space thing. And Im a patient buyer. Thx

taxfree4
05-01-2017, 05:51 PM
BTW another advantage of having a low volume model that has been discontinued, maybe, is - very low demand on the stolen market for your high end accesories, for example, I am very confident my expensive RDL seat is not a big item locally in the city with the crackheads and thieves because they don't even know what my bike is never mind finding another one to sell the hot stuff to. Now if I ride my Sportster around there is a possibility my chrome luggage rack might be at risk because those things are like ants around here.