PDA

View Full Version : Ran a guy with torq loops

GiddyupF6B
04-28-2017, 10:49 PM
So I had the chance to line up with someone who installed loops on his B. I have Guhl reflash, K&N drop in, and Torq master King Snake exhaust, he has the loops only. I've been debating on the loops for 2 years now, I have no drone I was just hoping to get more exhaust rumble and a little more power. I ate him up off the line, perhaps the loops drop some performance on the bottom end????? I got out on him at least 2 bikes from the line twice, I kept that gap all the way up to 120 when we shut down. Rider experience or the loops????? I'm not sure to be honest, the guy's been riding for a while and knows what he's doing. Since I have no drone this was the determining factor on the loops for me. Just an fyi post....not trying to stir the pot one way or another.

speedjunkie
04-29-2017, 12:51 AM
Rider skill and weight make a big difference too, but in this case, I'd bet most of it is in the Guhl tune. Drone was why I installed the loopz, the tone and rumble was a beni. If you install the loopz, I guarantee more low tone and rumble.

Mike

opas ride
04-29-2017, 10:35 AM
Torq Loopz are fine for those who think they need them....As for me and my money, I see no need for more noise and complications to install...My Cobra's, K&N filter and F6B are all the "ommph" I need at my ripe old age....Ride safe

06Blackpearl
04-29-2017, 10:52 AM
im gonna say its the flash..

I have the flash also and she sure woke up after that, the loops won't make any performance gains is what i was told by Guhl.

mrjava
04-29-2017, 11:53 AM
BlackPearl...Did you run the Guhl flash by itself or with other mods beforehand?

Hornblower
04-29-2017, 12:42 PM
The ONLY reason I added Torq Loopz was to eliminate drone with my aftermarket slip-ons. It did that perfectly. While not really loud, I really do love the resulting exhaust note :yes:.

opas ride
04-29-2017, 01:17 PM
The ONLY reason I added Torq Loopz was to eliminate drone with my aftermarket slip-ons. It did that perfectly. While not really loud, I really do love the resulting exhaust note :yes:.

Make sense I suppose, but I have never really been annoyed by the slight drone from the Cobra pipes..If I notice it on the highway I just change throttle speed for a few seconds and all is well....Don't really take long highways trips anymore, so drone is really not an issue for me.....Regards and ride safe..

06Blackpearl
04-29-2017, 02:27 PM
BlackPearl...Did you run the Guhl flash by itself or with other mods beforehand?

Exhaust and flash only..

Just put air filter in but haven't rode yet.. not expecting any difference but a lil more air can't hurt