PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

RidnRef
04-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Picked up my new F6B last week and have been able to put about 300 miles on it. The weather
here in Missouri has been pretty bad. I drove 4 hours to pick it up but it was well worth the time and effort.
I have been looking around the website for about a year doing research and appreciate all of the great info the members are willing to share.
I am a retired teacher/coach and I also referee D-I college basketball.
Looking forward to the vast experience the website has to offer.
Ride Safe.

JackB
04-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Welcome from Wisconsin.

nvmyf6
04-30-2017, 01:56 PM
Congratulations on your new ride, welcome to the board :biggthumpup:

Fingerz
04-30-2017, 02:19 PM
Picked up my new F6B last week and have been able to put about 300 miles on it. The weather
here in Missouri has been pretty bad. I drove 4 hours to pick it up but it was well worth the time and effort.
I have been looking around the website for about a year doing research and appreciate all of the great info the members are willing to share.
Ride Safe.

Congrats. I take delivery on mine next Saturday. I did research for a little over a year as well. Getting excited.

53driver
04-30-2017, 02:31 PM
.welcome20.'welcome gang':039:

Welcome to ownership!
If you've missed the "New Owner Gouge" thread in General Messages, please check it out.

Also, you're right next door...you coming to the Rally in Pigeon Forge?

Cheers,
Steve

Hartleyf6b
04-30-2017, 02:37 PM
Mine was a full on impulse buy. Bought a Shadow Phantom as a committed bike and after 90 days coouldnt stand it anymore. Just couldn't get comfortable. After looking at selling dealers website (Storm Lake Honda) for full wings i was ready for the full upgrade. (We had a 1500 for several years and loved it, just stop ridding after we relocated). Walked in and saw the "B" and an hour later was riding away with a HUGE smile on my face. Now any time I have the chance I jump on and go out for some entertainment. Absolutely a great bike for turning heads even in the Goldwing community. So glad I did what I did (thanks dad!)

RidnRef
04-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

53Driver
I have a copy of the new owner info that I refer to often.
I am trying to make plans to attend the rally in August.

Greg

Kokomo Kevin
04-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

53Driver

Greg

I am also a "newbie" to this site, I bought Hardrock's 2013 Standard and rode it home from Wisconsin yesterday. Wet ride most of the way, but it was a blast!.
Second bike in garage is a 98 Valkyrie, Which has been driven coast to coast over the last 17 years, looking forward to a long relationship with this one as well

Kokomo Kevin

53driver
04-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

53Driver

Greg

Most excellent Greg! See you there!
Please let us know on the Rally Attendance thread when you get it sorted so we know how many peeps for the logistics.
Thanks!

I am also a "newbie" to this site, I bought Hardrock's 2013 Standard and rode it home from Wisconsin yesterday. Wet ride most of the way, but it was a blast!.
Second bike in garage is a 98 Valkyrie, Which has been driven coast to coast over the last 17 years, looking forward to a long relationship with this one as well
Kokomo Kevin

Kokomo Kevin!
Welcome to the club of the best bike ever.
Hope to see you at the Rally too!

Cheers,
Steve

RiderRob
05-01-2017, 10:24 PM
.welcome20.
I did a 600 mile round trip to pickup my new 2015. I've owned it for a couple of months now and absolutely love it.

Welcome and enjoy the new ride !!!

GaTeach
05-02-2017, 06:42 AM
You also need to go ahead and brush up on all your smart ass replies to all the smart ass comments the HD guys make. :)

Best bike ever.

vmaxed
05-02-2017, 07:30 AM
'welcome gang'

53driver
05-02-2017, 07:30 AM
You also need to go ahead and brush up on all your smart ass replies to all the smart ass comments the HD guys make. :)

Best bike ever.

Different missions require different tools.... :)
F6B is the BBE, but in order to keep appreciating that, you gots to experience other rides.
Cheers!

Orangesicle
05-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Welcome to RidnRef and Kokomo Kevin.
I've had my B almost a year now and it is stupendous. It rides so nice, and I think efficient one or two up. I traded my 14 Concours on it and managed to drive about 850miles to do the deal. It was worth it and fun. Not a regret happening.

Old Ryder
05-02-2017, 10:21 AM

Best bike ever.

That's what I been missin! Good to see you back!

GaTeach
05-02-2017, 11:43 AM
That's what I been missin! Good to see you back!

lol You know how they are.

I was at Bike night last month and there were a bunch of guys around my bike. One guy says "Shore is quiet" and sniggered. I said, "I KNOW! ISN'T THAT AWESOME!!!! I CAN RIDE 800 MILES AND NOT EVEN HAVE TO TAKE AN ADVIL!!!"

I'm not playing the "how-horrible-is-my-honda-and-how-wonderful-your-POSHD-is" game. Never again. I've heard way too much in the past year and ten months.

Redlinez
05-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Welcome from Fuquay NC!

wiggy
05-05-2017, 09:33 PM

I was at Bike night last month and there were a bunch of guys around my bike. One guy says "Shore is quiet" and sniggered. I said, "I KNOW! ISN'T THAT AWESOME!!!! I CAN RIDE 800 MILES AND NOT EVEN HAVE TO TAKE AN ADVIL!!!"

I'm not playing the "how-horrible-is-my-honda-and-how-wonderful-your-POSHD-is" game. Never again. I've heard way too much in the past year and ten months.

I've told more than one Harley rider who has a snide comment about my owning a Honda, "There's nothing wrong with having a Harley. They make cute little starter bikes! But when you're ready to move up,
try an F6b!" That usually shuts them up.

tiltingf6b
05-06-2017, 05:29 PM

that's the spirit!

tiltingf6b
05-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Ride Safe.

welcome aboard the F6B is absolutely amazing - even for a short legged dwarf like me.

Allen Framen
05-06-2017, 08:22 PM
Welcome from Fuquay NC!

Fuquay?! As in Fuquay-Varina?

Allen Framen
Raleigh, NC

parenfroe
05-07-2017, 08:58 PM

Best bike ever.

GaTeach, I enjoyed your "thundering herd of water buffalo" remark and have endured the HD guys' comments also, living here very near Destin/PCB where 9 of every 10 bikes is a Harley ridden by a fat old guy. (I'm not fat.) I've got a good friend who had a GL1800 picked out at the EagleRiders shop in Orlando, and when he got there, at the last minute he decided on an HD ElectraGlide. Now he tries to put a good face on it but I know he regrets it heartily. I asked him why, without rubbing it in like the HD folks do, and he said, "I wanted to fit in finally!" Other than that he's a really great guy! And now, here's the irony: he's the only HD in our group of Honda folks, and never rides with the HD guys..:icon_biggrin: