PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gone Doubledark and installed a Superbrace?

Jupiterider
05-03-2017, 02:19 PM
I finally decided to go to the Darkside in fact I'll be Doubledarking it. In addition to a rear CT Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55/16, I am installing a BT45 on the front end. My question is; Is anyone using a Superbrace or other fork brace in addition to going Dark? Is it needed or not?

I'm open to all advice and suggestions.

Thanks,

Drive Jehu
05-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Jupiterider,

I also have the BT 45 up front, just had my third one mounted last weekend. Superbrace needed? Not in my opinion. A good addition? Yes. The Superbrace was installed within the last 5,000 miles. My impression so far is based on my commute - mostly 2 lane, some days interstate, and not much in the way of twisties. When the action starts, emergency maneuver ect the bike feels more like it's on rails. Adding Progressive springs to the front 500 miles ago (Kit 11-1521) made more of the same improvement - in greater quantity.

Happy riding.

Jupiterider
05-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Jupiterider,

I also have the BT 45 up front, just had my third one mounted last weekend. Superbrace needed? Not in my opinion. A good addition? Yes. The Superbrace was installed within the last 5,000 miles. My impression so far is based on my commute - mostly 2 lane, some days interstate, and not much in the way of twisties. When the action starts, emergency maneuver ect the bike feels more like it's on rails. Adding Progressive springs to the front 500 miles ago (Kit 11-1521) made more of the same improvement - in greater quantity.

Happy riding.

Thanks Drive Jehu,

I just acquired my F6B a few months ago. I love it but she's a big girl! By far largest,heaviest bike I've owned. I have a 3,000 trip coming up and I figure it's a good time to go Dark and maybe add a couple of other enhancements. It's interesting the progressive springs are a greater improvement overall.

Cheers!!