PDA

View Full Version : It IS true - Barry White IS in my exhaust

taxfree4
05-08-2017, 04:28 PM
The pipes sound better today than yesterday, it's the gift that keeps on giving...aint that true Barry

https://youtu.be/Fh_26t7W8yA

BIGLRY
05-08-2017, 04:51 PM
http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/1329/animated-love-it-sign-image-0023.gif

broncsrule21
05-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Love the sound and craftsmanship on those puppies. The Rush I ordered were out of stock. I cancelled and went with the TBRs also. I had been on the fence for months, your videos helped me a lot. thanks!

taxfree4
05-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Love the sound and craftsmanship on those puppies. The Rush I ordered were out of stock. I cancelled and went with the TBRs also. I had been on the fence for months, your videos helped me a lot. thanks!

Welcome to the family

taxfree4
05-08-2017, 05:35 PM
http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/1329/animated-love-it-sign-image-0023.gif

I can't post a picture and you put up a cinematic presentation, is Tony fu*kin with me again.

broncsrule21
05-08-2017, 05:40 PM
are you having problems posting pics also?

taxfree4
05-08-2017, 05:50 PM
are you having problems posting pics also?

Actually, its been going on for a while but they're working on it.

taxfree4
05-08-2017, 06:49 PM
It's all TBR on this one

https://youtu.be/Q4pMz6OFAbE

willtill
05-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Mike!

We need a "drive by" video with sound of those TBR's.... coming and going. :yes:

Elroy
05-09-2017, 08:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HepKef_BalA

This is probably the best camera/sound perspective I've seen in any video, well done Tax! If I hadn't bought my TBR's last year and was still on the fence, this would've clinched it for me no question. Now I find myself hoping my chrome tbr's sound that good.

BIGLRY
05-09-2017, 10:35 AM
I can't post a picture and you put up a cinematic presentation, is Tony fu*kin with me again.
https://img.memecdn.com/neener-neener_o_918187.jpg
:stirthepot:

rudymsmith
05-09-2017, 03:24 PM
go Barry:clap2:

unsub
05-16-2017, 05:02 PM
The pipes sound better today than yesterday, it's the gift that keeps on giving...aint that true Barry
https://youtu.be/Fh_26t7W8yA

Nice video Tax.

Nice pipes Barry! RIP

BTW off topic, I want to thank you for showing me a different and better way to cut up a whole chicken.

olegoat345
05-16-2017, 06:04 PM
A lady, a motorcycle, a little Barry ==== Wonderful things can happen.

What a fine looking set of pipes! How bad is the "drone" w/ those?

taxfree4
05-16-2017, 06:54 PM
A lady, a motorcycle, a little Barry ==== Wonderful things can happen.

What a fine looking set of pipes! How bad is the "drone" w/ those?

The Torq Loopz eliminate the drone now it just sounds like a rapid fire low rumble. I put the video up on Youtube under taxfree4, it's the latest video

taxfree4
05-16-2017, 06:56 PM
Nice video Tax.

Nice pipes Barry! RIP

BTW off topic, I want to thank you for showing me a different and better way to cut up a whole chicken.

Thats how I was taught as a butcher, you pull the whole breastbone out and no fragments.

luckyluciano
07-15-2017, 02:11 PM
Hey Taxfree4! I just installed the TBRs on my F6B. I notices from your video yours has a very nice crackle & pop sound either at cruise or deceleration I believe. I fired mine up just briefly and they had a very nice rumble but no pop or crackle. Do you think that is your torque loops or maybe my bike just was not warmed up enough.

Also, are there any videos or posts out there regarding aligning the angled slip tubes as well as aligning those dang heat shields. Im having a hell of a time getting it right and have given up for the day. There seem to be a several millimetre gap between the heat shield & the pipes on mine. I'm wondering if it is because I haven't aligned them right but can't seem to get it any better. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the alignment.

Thanks.

Just fired it up again. One clamp not tightened yet, bike is in the garage, and there is a terrible loud drone sound at idle. Oh oh! Suggestion? Input?

broncsrule21
07-15-2017, 04:24 PM
I can tell you first hand, the drone was horrendous for me. The torque loops totally fixed it, and made it sound better also. One tip when installing the slip-ons or loops. Test fit your heat shields and lowers before you tighten all your clamps and hangers.... I did not, and I had to adjust everything to fit.

taxfree4
07-15-2017, 06:01 PM
Hey Taxfree4! I just installed the TBRs on my F6B. I notices from your video yours has a very nice crackle & pop sound either at cruise or deceleration I believe. I fired mine up just briefly and they had a very nice rumble but no pop or crackle. Do you think that is your torque loops or maybe my bike just was not warmed up enough.

Also, are there any videos or posts out there regarding aligning the angled slip tubes as well as aligning those dang heat shields. Im having a hell of a time getting it right and have given up for the day. There seem to be a several millimetre gap between the heat shield & the pipes on mine. I'm wondering if it is because I haven't aligned them right but can't seem to get it any better. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the alignment.

Thanks.

Just fired it up again. One clamp not tightened yet, bike is in the garage, and there is a terrible loud drone sound at idle. Oh oh! Suggestion? Input?

Torq Loopz will take care of the drone, make sure those slip tubes are all the way in and don't tighten anything up till you have those heat shields go on properly. It's a pain in the ass tweaking it but you will get it.

luckyluciano
07-16-2017, 12:36 AM
Torq Loopz will take care of the drone, make sure those slip tubes are all the way in and don't tighten anything up till you have those heat shields go on properly. It's a pain in the ass tweaking it but you will get it.

Is there an easy way to adjust the slip tubes? They seem not to turn much when getting them closer to where the heat shields will fit right. How did you actually turn them...by hand? Did you actually have the rear hanger bolt installed but not tightened?

taxfree4
07-16-2017, 04:28 AM
Is there an easy way to adjust the slip tubes? They seem not to turn much when getting them closer to where the heat shields will fit right. How did you actually turn them...by hand? Did you actually have the rear hanger bolt installed but not tightened?

Correct, I installed the hanger bolt and slipped the nut on a couple of turns. BTW, if it's only a millimeter or 2 just loosen up the CAT/header side and slip it back on the exhaust/CAT end and re-tighten. If you don't want to do that if you have a DREMEL ream out the hole on the flange for the hanger bolt to move forward the mil. or 2 you need.

luckyluciano
07-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Ok. All installed nice & symmetrical. Definite drone. I guess I now need torque loops. Saw your video taxfree4. Looks like a big job.

broncsrule21
07-16-2017, 03:11 PM
I just did the Torq Loopz instal this weekend. The actual taking off of the exhaust system and making the cuts is really easy. Its the redoing all of the work you did that is the PITA. Although at this point, the off and on of the front cowling, lowers, and mufflers goes really fast. It really is less complicated than it seems. Makes ALL the difference in the world though.

luckyluciano
07-16-2017, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. Outside of the drone elimination, what else did you notice?

taxfree4
07-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Definite notice in throttle response and she moves and sounds so much better. It just breathes so well and the sound will be deep and throaty.

luckyluciano
07-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Definite notice in throttle response and she moves and sounds so much better. It just breathes so well and the sound will be deep and throaty.

How can I say no to that!
I'll be looking into this.
Thinking of looking for a careful mechanic to do the install. I'd rather not do the work.

taxfree4
07-17-2017, 03:21 AM
If you can use a hacksaw you can do this, other than that you're just aligning and rehanging the headers and mufflers. I have the color instructions on a PDF file and if you watch the video it'll be a snap.

willtill
07-17-2017, 05:29 AM
If you can use a hacksaw you can do this, other than that you're just aligning and rehanging the headers and mufflers. I have the color instructions on a PDF file and if you watch the video it'll be a snap.

Fast forward to :50 in the below video.... sorry Mike.. couldn't help it.... :icon_mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VSO-88E8qo

taxfree4
07-17-2017, 06:28 AM
Fast forward to :50 in the below video.... sorry Mike.. couldn't help it.... :icon_mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VSO-88E8qo

Are you kidding those two were hysterical, the football one is nuts.

luckyluciano
07-20-2017, 01:28 PM
I should be getting the torque loops soon.
Reviewed your video Tax. Looks straight forward.
How do I know how far back to cut the cats off the headers. Is that in the instructions?
Thought I'd ask to get some responses before they get here.

Walcrow
07-20-2017, 02:18 PM
I believe it is in the 1 3/4" range. Taxfree will probably chime in when he gets back from a long ride today enjoying his TBR-Torq Looped exhaust. Here's a vid to watch on them..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unAc-iOYM9A

taxfree4
07-20-2017, 02:34 PM
I should be getting the torque loops soon.
Reviewed your video Tax. Looks straight forward.
How do I know how far back to cut the cats off the headers. Is that in the instructions?
Thought I'd ask to get some responses before they get here.

It is in the instructions, I have the color instructions if you want them just PM me your email and I'll send them off

broncsrule21
07-20-2017, 05:46 PM
The instructions say "1 3/4 to 1 5/8". the give you a little bit of wiggle room.

luckyluciano
07-21-2017, 08:52 PM
how do i slide the tbr swivel tube over the torque loops flange? the slip tube went on easy over the original header but now with the loops installed the swivel tubes seem too tight and unadjustable.

Also, i have loosely installed the tbr pipe but the heat shield doesn't align with the torque loop slotted hole.

luckyluciano
07-22-2017, 08:16 AM
On my way to a muffler shop. The slip tubes are simply too tight there for non-adjustable. Hoping to have them enlarged slightly to make the adjustments easier. I tried filing the insides, helped a little but not enough. Anyone else have to do the same?

taxfree4
07-22-2017, 08:39 AM
On my way to a muffler shop. The slip tubes are simply too tight there for non-adjustable. Hoping to have them enlarged slightly to make the adjustments easier. I tried filing the insides, helped a little but not enough. Anyone else have to do the same?

There should not be a problem, you did apply the grease pac that came with it, one side for me was a little stubborn but if you have those rubber banded pipe wrenches they'll work. Also before you tighten up go to the back and make sure the pipes are equidistant from the sides of the back panel.

https://s1.postimg.org/kpvu38tuz/image.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/kpvu38tuz/)

luckyluciano
07-22-2017, 08:44 AM
Thanks for responding. No I'm not using the colors. Cal thanks for responding. No I'm not using the okd collars. The problem I'm having is sliding the swivel tubes over the torque loop flange. Requires a lot of force to get on and then doesn't twist to adjust. Muffler shop suggests slightly grinding the inside of the swivel tube. Lube didn't make a difference. Grinding with the file helped but not enough.

Also, the grease pack is all used up.
Been using teflon lube.

luckyluciano
07-23-2017, 06:56 AM
I first isnstslled just the TBR mufflers. Challenging time aligning everything but figured it out. The F6B sounded much better.
The Sound was nice but terrible drone between 2-3,000 rpm. Definitely not enjoyable. Could not live with this.

Following weekend dropped the pipes and installed the torque loops. I had to grind the inside of one side of the muffler swivel tube with a dremmmel tool & I had to buy more antiseize to lube the tubes.

After several more hours, everything came together and aligned perfectly although at times I did have my doubts.

I took it for a test drive last night & I'll tell you if you want the bike a little louder, just do it & go for the loops right from the start.
The loops make the bike FLY!!!!!!!!
Throttle response is extremely more responsive & crisp with the loops. Much more torque. The bike moves much much faster through the gears. The TBR mufflers make the best sound in my opinion.

I went with the chrome although originally I felt I really wanted to keep the blacked out look but since my bike is black & red and I couldn't find any pics where the bike looked good with black pipes so I went with chrome. Obviously it is a personal choice. The chrome and the red breaks it up nicely and makes the bike pop! Everyone agrees.

The loops make the sound crisper, much more aggressive, throatier, crisper & gives a nice high performance sound that the mufflers alone did not give. The sound with these pipes together with the loops is obviously louder than stock but not offensive.

Also,
I can assure you that loud pipes can save lives.

Story;
Several years back when I had my VTX with Vance & Hines pipes I was riding to the cottage together with my wife & kids in the car while I ride the bike alongside.

We were on multi lane 400 highway northbound. I was coming up from behind on our families car in the lane beside them and unknown to me my wife was about to make a lane change but she stopped herself last second from changing lanes because she heard the pipes.

I noticed NOTHING! Upon arrival at the cottage my wife said thank god you installed those pipes or I would have hit you. My wife is a great driver with zero tickets and accidents. Food for thought..

taxfree4
07-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Congratulations, welcome to the family the TBR and Torq Loopz are like a match made in heaven.

oiler
07-23-2017, 03:57 PM
The Loops sound good with Rush mufflers and 2.5" baffles too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lX5vyNt8ak
Not my bike but have the Rush mufflers with 2.5 baffles. Will be adding Torque Loops sometime this year.

broncsrule21
07-23-2017, 06:46 PM
I was leaving work this morning and two guys standing around their full dress Harleys almost broke their necks trying to figure out what just roared by them. Good times!

luckyluciano
07-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Ok, haven't had it out fit a ride yet other than around the block several times but I've noticed my shirt smell like smelly burnt gas fumes.

Is this the Ecu needing to adjust or do I need to live with this?

willtill
07-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Ok, haven't had it out fit a ride yet other than around the block several times but I've noticed my shirt smell like smelly burnt gas fumes.

Is this the Ecu needing to adjust or do I need to live with this?

Yes, most likely. Tomorrow... start your bike and let it idle without touching the throttle; until the radiator fans come on. This will cause the ECM go back into adaptive mode and adjust for the aftermarket exhaust and tubes that you installed.

luckyluciano
07-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Yes, most likely. Tomorrow... start your bike and let it idle without touching the throttle; until the radiator fans come on. This will cause the ECM go back into adaptive mode and adjust for the aftermarket exhaust and tubes that you installed.

Thank you.

Did you also experience smelly gas fumes?

willtill
07-28-2017, 10:53 AM
Thank you.

Did you also experience smelly gas fumes?

Not me. I've not installed aftermarket exhaust as of yet.

But you have changed the amount of exhaust back pressure that the ECM is used to seeing from the OEM exhaust. This is why you need to let it idle uninterrupted for several minutes. Also make sure you do this after the bike has sat for several hours so the motor has cooled down.

luckyluciano
07-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Ok,
I will try this tonight.

The odour is very hard to live with. Don't want to have smelly clothes every time I ride.