PDA

View Full Version : Took delivery today on a Pearl White!

Fingerz
05-09-2017, 07:16 PM
So as you can imagine, I'm super excited on getting the new bike. It looks better now that's it out the crate. So for now, my first question is where are the screws to exchange the windshield? I have a Klock Werks 14' and I want to put it on. I'm coming from a sport bike and the screws for the windshield were visible. Do I have to in from the inside (riders side) to find them? Thanks in advance.

opas ride
05-09-2017, 07:43 PM
So as you can imagine, I'm super excited on getting the new bike. It looks better now that's it out the crate. So for now, my first question is where are the screws to exchange the windshield? I have a Klock Werks 14' and I want to put it on. I'm coming from a sport bike and the screws for the windshield were visible. Do I have to in from the inside (riders side) to find them? Thanks in advance.

Hope you don't have a 14'(foot) Klock Werks shield but a 14" (inch) one as it will fit better!!!...Just being sarcastic and congrats on your new ride the F6B is a terrific motorcycle!!!

shortleg0521
05-09-2017, 07:45 PM

This should help you follow link.
https://youtu.be/vXiu6bTC9XQ

tpwood
05-09-2017, 07:47 PM
There are plenty of youtube videos out there for changing windshields on a 1800 which is the same procedure. But the two 10mm bolts are behind the mirrors, fold them back and release the rubber boots around them and you will see the bolts and washers, they do have rubber grommets installed in the fairing housing, be sure to place a rag under the bolts, too many have been lost forever. Watch the videos before hand and have a magnet handy if you have one. It's pretty easy once you learn where everything is. And congrats on your new F6B!

RidnRef
05-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Congrats on the new ride. Picked mine up about a month ago and I am learning a lot about the bike from the forum. I got the Klock Werks 14" and installed it in about an hour. Watch the YouTube videos and it is pretty basic.

Ride safe, Greg

Allen Framen
05-09-2017, 09:28 PM
There are several good videos on You Tube showing how to replace a windshield on a GL1800. Watch them! Because the F6B stock windshield is not adjustable, it's even a little easier than on a full Gold Wing. Here are a few pointers:

4. (I had to move this one to the top.) You might consider riding your new F6b for a while with the standard wind screen. For no bigger than it is, it really does a good job.
1. When the videos show putting a rag into the mirror opening, don't rush. Make sure the space is blocked well so that nothing is lost behind all of the body panels.
2. When you remove the bolts from the top-back of the upper-front body panel, note if there is both a metal washer and a rubber grommet there. There should be one of each. However, one of the bolts on my F6B did not have the grommet.
3. I would suggest using Loctite on the mounting bolts for the new windshield. About a month after I installed my Madstad windshield, I had to reinstall it to add Loctite to the 3 mounting bolts. All 3 had worked loose.

Allen

Fingerz
05-09-2017, 10:11 PM
Ok thanks everyone for the information and it's a 14 inch screen lol! I'll check out YouTube. I just wanted to make sure everything was the same before trying my luck.

rudymsmith
05-10-2017, 06:11 AM
Ok thanks everyone for the information and it's a 14 inch screen lol! I'll check out YouTube. I just wanted to make sure everything was the same before trying my luck.

congrats - your gonna love it!

wjduke
05-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Double check everything before reinstalling the front cover and mirror bolts...I forgot the middle screw that holds the shield down, and had to do the job twice.

jm21ddd15
05-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Welcome! Great Bike! Check the fluid level in the final drive, right away. Some bikes have come with fluid levels that are quite low. Enjoy the ride!

wiggy
05-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Congrats on your new B... You're going to love it!

GaTeach
05-10-2017, 01:27 PM
BBE

jmdaniel
05-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Great color, but I'm biased!

Audiochris90
05-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Man cool color, I was thinking of that color hard. Welcome to the best bike you will ever have. Best people here too. Our moderator is a motorcycle safety instructor, 53 Driver. And super smart guys like Biglry. And good ol country folk like me. And many other very cool people. Dont bring up sheilds, oil or tires unless you have a gun. Welcome

Jimmytee
05-10-2017, 08:51 PM
BBITW

'all/right':congrats:

Redlinez
05-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Congrats from the other color!

terryboyle
05-12-2017, 07:01 PM
It gets better and better. Enjoy.