PDA

View Full Version : Any Women out there that own the F6B?

Bunny
10-08-2013, 10:52 PM
How r they - easy to handle for you??

MichaelG
10-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Bunny, we do have at least 2 women on here that owns F6Bs. Look up MSGT-R, which is Terri, and she can answer your questions best.

Trike lady
10-09-2013, 10:37 AM
I ride and build Goldwing trikes and I can say from my end as a trike they're great.

Scotrod
10-09-2013, 12:11 PM
My wife rides one.
"Easy to handle" is a very relative term. What do you ride now?
How does the F6B fit you / you fit the bike?
Wife is a bit intimidated by the f6b's overall dimensions, (looks huge) but it's only about 30 lbs heavier than her last bike, (Yami Roadliner)
She and I both agree it's easier to corner on the F6B than the 'Liners. Not by a landslide, but noticable
Wide powerband which means less shifting.

I can probably coax her into replying if you have more specific questions and/or can supply us with more info. (She's not a member here or on any other forum)

Bunny
10-09-2013, 01:34 PM
My wife rides one.
"Easy to handle" is a very relative term. What do you ride now?
How does the F6B fit you / you fit the bike?
Wife is a bit intimidated by the f6b's overall dimensions, (looks huge) but it's only about 30 lbs heavier than her last bike, (Yami Roadliner)
She and I both agree it's easier to corner on the F6B than the 'Liners. Not by a landslide, but noticable
Wide powerband which means less shifting.

I can probably coax her into replying if you have more specific questions and/or can supply us with more info. (She's not a member here or on any other forum)

i ride a 650 vstar touring bike. have rode this bike for 5 years and i am more than ready to get another one. have taken the F6B out for a short ride and fell in love with it. i read the posts on here all the time. i just cant believe the comparison from my bike now. easier to handle. Feels bigger but just the smoothness out of it is amazing. I can see myself riding this bike for miles on end and not getting tired. Cant wait to bet my own.

Scotrod
10-09-2013, 06:41 PM
i ride a 650 vstar touring bike. have rode this bike for 5 years and i am more than ready to get another one. have taken the F6B out for a short ride and fell in love with it. i read the posts on here all the time. i just cant believe the comparison from my bike now. easier to handle. Feels bigger but just the smoothness out of it is amazing. I can see myself riding this bike for miles on end and not getting tired. Cant wait to bet my own.

Wife is about 5-10. We started her on a Vulcan 900 Classic as it seemed to fit her perfectly. The only 'faults' the Kawi has was that it was a bit underpowered for the super-slab and wife said she got blown all over the road in the wind. I thought it was a great bike for what it was, and have no regrets.

Wife wanted something a bit stronger-heavier so we tried a Yami 1300. Oddly enough, she felt cramped on it and/or just wasn't comfortable. She was intimidated by my Stratoliner at the time, but both agreed it was 'a lot more bike for the buck' than the 1300 (DISCLAIMER: 1300's were more in demand than Liners at that time, and we could get a 2 yr old brand new leftover Roadliner for a great price. The 'bang for the buck' was very obvious under those circumstances)

I lost my Strat due to an accident in May. Ended up getting a F6B in Sept from Honda of Russellville. (Wife and I MC vacation in Arkansas every September, so no big deal to go there to get one!) Wife was completely happy with her Roadliner,,,

We trailered the Roadliner to AR and picked up my F6B. We both proceeded to ride the Ozarks for a week. By the end of the week, the smooth, seamless, 'refined' form of MC riding that was provided by the F6B was far greater than either of us expected. So much so, we traded her Roadliner in on her own F6B before we left home for TX.

Some of the things you don't notice are its biggest plusses,,, 99.99% vibration-less. Protected from the wind from the full fairing (with a larger shield), just as happy at 40 in 5th as it is at 100+. (Far less shifting once you get in 5th, which doesn't take long!) Less fill ups with 6.6 US gallon tank,,, Less fatigue while riding,,, Far less heat than we had with the Liners,,, Less is more! LOL!

It does appear to look like a huge bike, and it kinda is, but a full blown Wing is larger still. Great low center of gravity, and just plain easy to ride.

=) The wife didn't (think she) wanted a fairing,,, She was used to riding with a fork-mounted windshield only, and used to the shield moving with her handlebars,,,

First tip I gave her,,, "DON'T 'look' at the shield before attempting a low speed turn,,, it won't move no matter how hard ya try!" =)

CheckpointChcky
05-18-2014, 01:00 PM
I ride one and it seems to drive itself. So nimble and responsive...it seems to anticipate what I'm going to do next. Love it. I would not recommend it as a bike for novices as it has a lot of power but for a woman who has some motorcycling experience, it is a great bike.

MSGT-R
05-19-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm 5'1" with a 26" inseam. The stock seat was a bit difficult to deal with since it made it quite a reach to get the sidestand up, almost impossible if the ground wasn't level. Backing up wasn't going to happen unless I stood beside it and put my hip into it..

After my Corbin seat (cut down about as much as possible), I now get one foot down flat, can get my own sidestand up :icon_rolleyes:, and can manage to get it to back up on flat surfaces without getting off the seat.

Once I get going, I don't know I'm on an 854 pound baby Elephant..

PS: you shouldn't be looking at the windshield in a turn, you should be looking where you want to go!