PDA

View Full Version : Put the stock shorty windshield back on

khahn
05-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Until I solve an intermittent starting problem, I'm restricting my rides to fairly short distances that begin and end at the house. So I thought I'd take off the large touring windscreen and put on the shorty. It feels like a totally different bike and I'm really enjoying it. I guess it's true, variety is the spice of life. :icon_biggrin:

taxfree4
05-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Until I solve an intermittent starting problem, I'm restricting my rides to fairly short distances that begin and end at the house. So I thought I'd take off the large touring windscreen and put on the shorty. It feels like a totally different bike and I'm really enjoying it. I guess it's true, variety is the spice of life. :icon_biggrin:

You should look into the MRA XCREEN, it'll turn the stock screen into a long distance screen so you won't have to swap out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWmO0mH_OzU

rumble-b
05-16-2017, 07:55 AM

Get your Cam/Crank position sensor checked. I replaced mine and it solved my intermittent starting issues.

khahn
05-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Get your Cam/Crank position sensor checked. I replaced mine and it solved my intermittent starting issues.

Yea, that's the code it's throwing and that's probably the problem, but it's so friggin intermittent that I have a hard time believing it right now. It's done it 3 times, once last year and twice this year, stranding me at work one time. It's only done it on cold engine start up, never throws a wonky code while running and never on warm engine start up.

grendl
05-19-2017, 07:49 PM
I LIKED that shorty stock windsheild. Made a couple of long runs with it and enjoyed every minute of those runs.Even through heavy rain
Then I went to Huntsville via Memphis passing through Arkansas.The bugs were just too much. Couldnt wipe them off fast enough,literally.
So I bought the Clockwerks screen. Good trade off and no bugs in my facesheild. Just the right height for me.
But I miss those wind in the face days sometimes...