PDA

View Full Version : Interested in F6B

75tsiegel
10-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Hi,
I have been enjoying reading the forums on the F6B for the past couple of weeks since I came across seeing one for the first time on Ebay. I knew after seeing it for the first time that this will be my next bike. I currently ride an 82' Honda CB 900F. Prior to my current bike I rode a 1980 CB 750F and before that one a 1975 Kawasaki 500 2 stroke triple. Calling the 2 Honda dealers within 50 mile of my house in Wisconsin, one had a black one and one did not have any. The dealer that had the black one said its been on their floor since April. I decided to call the dealer in Russelville AK that listed the beautiful custom painted Infusion blue F6B on Ebay to get some information from them. Wes from that dealer said they have sold close to 100 F6Bs this year! He said he had been working at that dealer for about 7 years. If you do a search for Gold Wings on Ebay motors you will see a few custom painted F6Bs from their dealer. Wes said they would custom paint an F6B for any customer. He also mention because they are a high volume dealer, they can sell an F6B deluxe for around 16,900. I also asked Wes about any changes to the 2014 model and if Honda will be offering ABS brakes, CC etc. and he said he would know sometime in December. Anyhow, I'm sure an F6B is in my furture and I will be visiting this forum on a regular basis. Cheers to all.

MichaelG
10-09-2013, 04:44 PM
If you buy one...you will love it. BTW, Russellville is in Arkansas...not Alaska. Arkansas is AR...and Alaska is AK. :icon_doh:

I think that 99.314159 % of us on this forum are familiar with all the customized bikes at Honda of Russellville (HOR). They are one of our forums' corporate sponsors.

I wish you still had that Kawi 500 two-stroke, as I would buy it from you. :icon_mrgreen:

Scotrod
10-09-2013, 04:59 PM
DAD GUMMITTT!!!

It ain't infusion blue, and it ain't on their showroom floor anymore.

(It's Illusion Blue and I picked it up the 14th of Sept. ! :icon_biggrin:)

I'm sure Wes would be glad to paint another one for ya! LOL!!!

Welcome to the forum!!!

FlyinF
10-09-2013, 05:07 PM
I bought my black standard from Russellville last April.
They are offering you Deluxe for 16900? Man, that is great I paid about 17200 for Standard.........go for it!
I went back to Russellville just a couple weeks ago and bought 2013 CB1100.
Round trip to Russellville is over 1500 miles for me and even with travel cost I end up saving a bunch of money.
The F6 is fine machine, you will have a blast.

75tsiegel
10-09-2013, 05:09 PM
If you buy one...you will love it. BTW, Russellville is in Arkansas...not Alaska. Arkansas is AR...and Alaska is AK. :icon_doh:

I think that 99.314159 % of us on this forum are familiar with all the customized bikes at Honda of Russellville (HOR). They are one of our forums' corporate sponsors.

I wish you still had that Kawi 500 two-stroke, as I would buy it from you. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the correction Miles. I do wish I still owned my widowmaker. I was a very quick bike that would leave a blue trail of smoke when I really got on it. I am looking for comfort and reliability for my next bike and the F6B just seems to be the one. I plan on looking at one in the near future since I can't get it out of my head. Cheers

75tsiegel
10-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I bought my black standard from Russellville last April.
They are offering you Deluxe for 16900? Man, that is great I paid about 17200 for Standard.........go for it!
I went back to Russellville just a couple weeks ago and bought 2013 CB1100.
Round trip to Russellville is over 1500 miles for me and even with travel cost I end up saving a bunch of money.
The F6 is fine machine, you will have a blast.

I also have been looking at the CB1100, but since I still have my 82' 900F, my interest is toward the F6B. Wes did offer a Deluxe on the phone today for that price and I thought that was a very good offer.

75tsiegel
10-09-2013, 05:18 PM
DAD GUMMITTT!!!

It ain't infusion blue, and it ain't on their showroom floor anymore.

(It's Illusion Blue and I picked it up the 14th of Sept. ! :icon_biggrin:)

I'm sure Wes would be glad to paint another one for ya! LOL!!!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Wes did say that they sold it and I thought he said infusion. My mistake. Darn, thats my second mistake in the last 10 minutes. :banghead: Anyway, what a beautiful bike you have and my wife liked that blue color the best out of the choices they had. The candy apple red was a close second.

opas ride
10-09-2013, 06:50 PM
I would really check the out-the-door price on a Deluxe for $16900...That is pretty un-believable for that bike and I would have to see it to believe it...Lots of dealers quote internet prices then find a way to change prices when you show up to purchase....I would be careful if I were you....Just saying.....

Scotrod
10-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Wes did say that they sold it and I thought he said infusion. My mistake. Darn, thats my second mistake in the last 10 minutes. :banghead: Anyway, what a beautiful bike you have and my wife liked that blue color the best out of the choices they had. The candy apple red was a close second.

No worries!!! We saw the red, yellow, silver, and green bikes while we were there. We bought our bikes from Wes as well.

In the past, it's been about 3k off MSRP for F6B's at HOR, not including T, T and L. (Out of state buyers like myself get to pay those costs when we register the bike back home) 16.9 for a Deluxe + T, T and L would still be sweet!

The 'Standard vs Deluxe' decision is only up to the buyer. No 'one size fits all' answer there. Seems to be evenly divided here on the Forum,,,

Retired Army
10-09-2013, 08:24 PM
If you do purchase from Russellville get a costume color you will be much happier with the end results. Honda doesn't clear coat their F6B.

75tsiegel
10-09-2013, 08:50 PM
No worries!!! We saw the red, yellow, silver, and green bikes while we were there. We bought our bikes from Wes as well.

In the past, it's been about 3k off MSRP for F6B's at HOR, not including T, T and L. (Out of state buyers like myself get to pay those costs when we register the bike back home) 16.9 for a Deluxe + T, T and L would still be sweet!

The 'Standard vs Deluxe' decision is only up to the buyer. No 'one size fits all' answer there. Seems to be evenly divided here on the Forum,,,

They are painting a couple F6Bs copper and uranium colors....what does the color uranium look like? The copper color looks cool but I'll have to see what the uranium looks like.

75tsiegel
10-09-2013, 08:51 PM
If you do purchase from Russellville get a costume color you will be much happier with the end results. Honda doesn't clear coat their F6B.

Great to know, thanks...and thanks for your service to our great country.

Scotrod
10-09-2013, 09:04 PM
They are painting a couple F6Bs copper and uranium colors....what does the color uranium look like? The copper color looks cool but I'll have to see what the uranium looks like.

Uranium green. Same green as the ones online.

Its a stock Honda color from the early 2000's