PDA

View Full Version : F6B to GL1800

Reedman71
05-17-2017, 09:17 AM
So I enjoyed the F6B for almost three years and 22000 miles. Was not looking seriously but knew I wanted a full wing because I have explored the limits of touring on the F6B (hand cramps, back pains...). Found a great price on a 2016 Matte Sliver with the blacked out engine. Here is a link to a shared google drive folder for pics:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6vEVAzrJFqdZHA2VW1rQUhDZzQ

I will say that the seat is more comfortable but does not allow you to move much. Sorta locks you into position. This is probably going to be good for my back, i'll just have to figure out a way to stretch out my legs. The cruise control works flawlessly and I did not experience the lag that others have.

The dealer did not like my Darkside tire and I replied that I didn't like the Bridgestone Excedra stock tire and suggested that we swap. Then he mentioned the Tire Pressure Monitoring system and that we would have to dismount the tires and put them back on the correct rims. It wouldn't take long but the mechanic stated that he would not put an inspection sticker on a bike with a car tire. so he inspected the bike and then we swapped the tires (sheesh).

I was able to take my Baker wings, trim, and fork brace off of the '13 and swap the plastics with the '16.

Went online to Wingstuff and placed and order for a trunk rack, fog lights, power outlet, media cable, and a set of helmet holders. I think I am done spending money for one day.

Oh, and one last observation. The BT-45 rear tire that I was running on the front of the F6B (double dark side) is far superior to the Excedra stock tire that is on the Wing.

Steve 0080
05-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Congrats ! I moved to a full wing as well.

willtill
05-17-2017, 12:41 PM
That's a very nice looking Wing. Very cosmopolitan color. I dread the day if I ever convert to a full Wing; after putting so much money into my F6B :shhh:

Reedman71
05-17-2017, 12:49 PM
I chose the matte finish because I am tired of coats of liquid glass. Less polishing, more riding.

wjduke
05-17-2017, 01:11 PM
I chose the matte finish because I am tired of coats of liquid glass. Less polishing, more riding.

:yes: I never clean mine...it gets dusted and bugs removed. Just got an inspection sticker. The guy asked how many miles...I said 25, meaning 25,000. He thought it was 25. Point being, it still looks good.

Radical Taz
05-17-2017, 01:36 PM
I did the opposite except kinda, I purchased converted spec 3 GL1800 to F6B.
In terms of comfort it is second to none and I still have all the creature comforts, heated foot rests and seat, ABS, reverse, adjustable windscreen, XM, etc,etc.
This is the bike Honda should have offered in 2013 IMHO.

DaWadd
05-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Nice colour. Came close to buying one last year but keeping the F6 for now.

VStarRider
05-17-2017, 06:00 PM
So I enjoyed the F6B for almost three years and 22000 miles. Was not looking seriously but knew I wanted a full wing because I have explored the limits of touring on the F6B (hand cramps, back pains...). Found a great price on a 2016 Matte Sliver with the blacked out engine. Here is a link to a shared google drive folder for pics:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6vEVAzrJFqdZHA2VW1rQUhDZzQ

I will say that the seat is more comfortable but does not allow you to move much. Sorta locks you into position. This is probably going to be good for my back, i'll just have to figure out a way to stretch out my legs. The cruise control works flawlessly and I did not experience the lag that others have.

The dealer did not like my Darkside tire and I replied that I didn't like the Bridgestone Excedra stock tire and suggested that we swap. Then he mentioned the Tire Pressure Monitoring system and that we would have to dismount the tires and put them back on the correct rims. It wouldn't take long but the mechanic stated that he would not put an inspection sticker on a bike with a car tire. so he inspected the bike and then we swapped the tires (sheesh).

I was able to take my Baker wings, trim, and fork brace off of the '13 and swap the plastics with the '16.

Went online to Wingstuff and placed and order for a trunk rack, fog lights, power outlet, media cable, and a set of helmet holders. I think I am done spending money for one day.

Oh, and one last observation. The BT-45 rear tire that I was running on the front of the F6B (double dark side) is far superior to the Excedra stock tire that is on the Wing.

Did you trade in your F6B?

Redlinez
05-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Nice bike! My wife sure would love me to get one, just can't stand the ideal of losing thousands again for the third time in two years....... I really like the red/black anniversary edition.

unsub
05-19-2017, 02:02 PM
It's a beautiful bike and a really nice color on the (big) Goldwing. Congratulations.

CopperMike
05-20-2017, 10:51 AM
Nice looking bike!

WingStuff
05-23-2017, 05:26 PM
Great looking Wing, Doc!

Redlinez
05-24-2017, 09:52 AM
I think Track and Trail has them advertised for $17,999! Not sure what other charges they add on though. My local guy who's usually cheaper than anyone is at $19,999 plus $99, plus tag. That definitely makes me think about it.....

Reedman71
05-26-2017, 08:20 AM
I think Track and Trail has them advertised for $17,999! Not sure what other charges they add on though. My local guy who's usually cheaper than anyone is at $19,999 plus $99, plus tag. That definitely makes me think about it.....

$17,899! Plus a good number on the trade!