PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Thefts

Circle-5
05-18-2017, 11:32 PM
The graphic stats are clear: even thieves choose Hondas over Harleys by nearly 2 to 1 ...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-motorcycle-theft-20170517-htmlstory.html

Brewdog
05-19-2017, 05:26 AM
That's because they can make a faster "get away" with a Honda. LOL

willtill
05-19-2017, 05:45 AM
...and not leave a oil trail to follow :icon_mrgreen:

terryboyle
05-19-2017, 08:26 AM
I would love to see the stats by make and model. Hard to take a Goldwing, easy to grab a Grom.

Sorcerer
05-19-2017, 09:24 AM
I would love to see the stats by make and model. Hard to take a Goldwing, easy to grab a Grom.

I agree. Honda makes a lot of bikes from off road to scooters to standards to cruisers to sport to sport touring to touring. Some are easyer than others to steal. Off road being probably easyer than a wing and more for riding than parts. City/ inner city, would be the scooters and less expensive older bikes to be used for short term transportation then dumped or handed off. I beleave most stolen HDs become parts with in 24 hours.

valkmc
05-22-2017, 12:11 PM

Yea, I bet a lot of Hondas are dirt bikes. People watch their Harley a lot closer than a dirt bike, four wheeler etc.

six2go
05-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Yea, I bet a lot of Hondas are dirt bikes. People watch their Harley a lot closer than a dirt bike, four wheeler etc.This is true. I am an AMA Lifetime Charter Member and have been receiving American Motorcyclist Magazine with my membership for many years. They report stolen bikes each month(I think) and the overwhelmingly most stolen are "Off Road and Motocross"bikes. Those are mostly pretty lightweight and easy to throw into a truck or van and get outa there.