PDA

View Full Version : Question About F6B Purchases in 2014

F6Dave
05-19-2017, 06:15 PM
If You Purchased Your F6B in 2014, did you get a one-year extension of the factory warranty? When I bought mine, I remember reading something on the Honda website about a warranty extension. I think it was one of the incentives, along with $1,000 'Bonus Bucks' for accessories. I asked the salesman and he acknowledged it, saying the extra year would be added automatically.

I was at a dealer recently and asked the service manager to check if it actually did get 'added automatically'. It didn't. My warranty will expire after the usual 3 years.

So here's my question: If you bought your F6B in 2014, do you remember anything about a warranty extension incentive? If so, did Honda follow through on it? It would be helpful to know so I can decide if it's worth trying to get Honda to extend mine.

VStarRider
05-19-2017, 07:48 PM
If You Purchased Your F6B in 2014, did you get a one-year extension of the factory warranty? When I bought mine, I remember reading something on the Honda website about a warranty extension. I think it was one of the incentives, along with $1,000 'Bonus Bucks' for accessories. I asked the salesman and he acknowledged it, saying the extra year would be added automatically.

I was at a dealer recently and asked the service manager to check if it actually did get 'added automatically'. It didn't. My warranty will expire after the usual 3 years.

So here's my question: If you bought your F6B in 2014, do you remember anything about a warranty extension incentive? If so, did Honda follow through on it? It would be helpful to know so I can decide if it's worth trying to get Honda to extend mine.

I would think that it would be listed on your itemized sales receipt somewhere.

When I bought a snowmobile a couple of years ago and got an extended warranty, it was listed as the incentive I opted to choose (vs. a rebate) on the sales order.

Jimmytee
05-19-2017, 08:33 PM
I remember mine being listed in the sale.

Sorcerer
05-19-2017, 10:28 PM
As I remember the one year extension was on demo bikes as an incentive for people to buy the demo bikes. From what I remember if you were given that 1 year extension on a demo bike you would be barred from any other Honda extended warranties, ie 3-4 year warranties.

Jimmytee
05-20-2017, 02:39 AM
As I remember the one year extension was on demo bikes as an incentive for people to buy the demo bikes. From what I remember if you were given that 1 year extension on a demo bike you would be barred from any other Honda extended warranties, ie 3-4 year warranties.

No it wasn't on Demo bikes. It was the sales incentive Honda put on any new 2013 models left in 2014. There were a lot of new unsold 2013 models even well past 2014. It was an additional year of warranty plus $1000 for accessories from mother Honda.

JackB
05-20-2017, 06:08 AM
No it wasn't on Demo bikes. It was the sales incentive Honda put on any new 2013 models left in 2014. There were a lot of new unsold 2013 models even well past 2014. It was an additional year of warranty plus $1000 for accessories from mother Honda.

Jimmy is right I got the exact same deal and I also bought the extra 3 year warranty. So I have 7 years of Honda warranty.

F6Dave
05-20-2017, 08:23 AM
Good to hear that I remembered that correctly! Mine, too, was a 2013 model purchased in 2014. I think the extended Honda warranty is for 4 years, so with this incentive you could end up with 8 years of coverage!

Does any one have any kind of documentation on this? Either a scan of an old magazine ad, or a notation on the buyer's order, would help me when I ask Honda to correct the oversight.

rudymsmith
05-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Good to hear that I remembered that correctly! Mine, too, was a 2013 model purchased in 2014. I think the extended Honda warranty is for 4 years, so with this incentive you could end up with 8 years of coverage!

Does any one have any kind of documentation on this? Either a scan of an old magazine ad, or a notation on the buyer's order, would help me when I ask Honda to correct the oversight.

It is my understanding that your 2 years / or 3 years manufacturers original warranty starts from the time the bike is purchased / registered / placed in service
so if you bought a 2013 in 2017 you should have the Honda "quoted" factory warranty from that time of purchase.

F6Dave
05-21-2017, 07:31 AM
It is my understanding that your 2 years / or 3 years manufacturers original warranty starts from the time the bike is purchased / registered / placed in service
so if you bought a 2013 in 2017 you should have the Honda "quoted" factory warranty from that time of purchase.

Yes, the warranty begins on the day you purchase the bike. I bought my F6B in August of 2014, so the standard factory warranty expires in August of this year. I hope I can get Honda to add the additional year they were offering as an incentive back in 2014. It may not make any difference, as I've purchased the extended factory warranty on three new motorcycles and never used it once. And I ride a lot. The combined mileage of those three motorcycles was 335,000 miles.

I'd still appreciate it if anyone who bought a 2013 F6B in 2014 could provide any documentation that they got the warranty extension. I plan to call Honda soon and it might help me to have some evidence.