PDA

View Full Version : I am having a tough time with this.

shortleg0521
05-20-2017, 07:56 PM
I have a trip out to MT at the latter part of June.
The tires I have now would make it but would be shot about
the time I get back.
I have a much better set on my spare wheels.
Do I go ahead and change to the spares just to be safe?

RTaz
05-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Call out to a dealer in the area and have a set of tires waiting for you. Ride new tires home!

2wheelsforme
05-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Change them and change back later to finish them off around town. No cost just your time in labor and its not even a hard job.

taxfree4
05-20-2017, 08:36 PM
I have a trip out to MT at the latter part of June.
The tires I have now would make it but would be shot about
the time I get back.
I have a much better set on my spare wheels.
Do I go ahead and change to the spares just to be safe?

The last 4 words of that paragraph should answer your question, besides, I'm not riding down to Pigeon Forge alone. It would be like Marshall Dillon without Festus.

Dirtstiff's F6B
05-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Change them before you go and no self induced drama on your trip.

shortleg0521
05-20-2017, 10:10 PM
The last 4 words of that paragraph should answer your question, besides, I'm not riding down to Pigeon Forge alone. It would be like Marshall Dillon without Festus.

Guess I wil have to go down to the lONG bRANCH TO SEE Kitty about getting her to help me change these damn tires.
The spares have about 10 to 15 K left on them. Should be good for the season.

Steve 0080
05-21-2017, 06:56 AM
Changing tires out on a trip SUCKS !!!!!!!!

zeus661
05-25-2017, 06:35 PM
My last two trips west I changed out my front tires half way through. Whats nice is both times they did it without me having to wait since I was traveling

F6B1911
05-25-2017, 07:18 PM
Changing tires out on a trip SUCKS !!!!!!!!

Not necessarily, On my way down to Franklin a few years back, I called a Honda shop in NC, verified they has the tires, and they held a spot in their schedule.
I got in and out in about two hours. Just enough time to enjoy a meal.

Az Wingrider
05-25-2017, 07:54 PM
I am leaving Sunday on a long ride of about 10,000 miles. My current Elite 4's only had about 5,000 miles on them and were showing very little wear. Yesterday I had a new set of Elite 4's installed and I will re-install the old tires when the new ones wear out.

The last thing I want to worry about on a long ride is tires.

willtill
05-26-2017, 06:18 AM
From my past experience, tire wear seems to accelerate once your past half service tread life with them.

My car tire is marvelous though... I think it'll NEVER wear out. :icon_mrgreen:

shortleg0521
05-26-2017, 06:21 AM
From my past experience, tire wear seems to accelerate once your past half service tread life with them.

My car tire is marvelous though... I think it'll NEVER wear out. :icon_mrgreen:

The next time I replace the tires on the spare rims there will be a car tire going on.
It is so much easier to change the front. Just can,t seem to bring myself to
go with car tires front and rear.

leroysch
05-30-2017, 09:13 PM
My last two trips west I changed out my front tires half way through. Whats nice is both times they did it without me having to wait since I was traveling

My limited experience is that Honda dealers are not too inclined to put riders in the wind at the front of their service line.

Chas
06-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Change them before you go and no self induced drama on your trip.

You are so correct Dirtstiff. Why add stress that you could actually control? But however you go, ride safe and enjoy!