PDA

View Full Version : Lake Superior trip

choptop
05-21-2017, 08:03 AM
Was and still am booked for a week in Maggie Valley , to ride w/some friends from the Twin Cities. But have been reading up on the Ride around Lake Superior and am now torn between which one to do and can't do both this year, have to go to Sturgis to lay down a memorial for a brother we lost their last year. The S.O. is understanding :wife:but not enough for me to be gone that much. Maggie Valley will not come around again, in my life time, to ride w/these guys... What's a retired guy to do ?
Any input on the Lake Superior ride would be appreciated.

carpdm
05-21-2017, 11:30 AM
I've done the ride around Lake Superior, with some friends. It was a great ride! Part of what made it great was the opportunity to ride with friends, one of which does not ride anymore.

Maggie Valley and Lake Superior will be there next year and beyond. Your opportunity to ride with friends may not. Do the trip, with friends, to Maggie Valley.

choptop
05-21-2017, 11:54 AM
I've done the ride around Lake Superior, with some friends. It was a great ride! Part of what made it great was the opportunity to ride with friends, one of which does not ride anymore.

Maggie Valley and Lake Superior will be there next year and beyond. Your opportunity to ride with friends may not. Do the trip, with friends, to Maggie Valley.

Thanks, decisions, decisions.:jerkit:

jm21ddd15
05-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Was and still am booked for a week in Maggie Valley , to ride w/some friends from the Twin Cities. But have been reading up on the Ride around Lake Superior and am now torn between which one to do and can't do both this year, have to go to Sturgis to lay down a memorial for a brother we lost their last year. The S.O. is understanding :wife:but not enough for me to be gone that much. Maggie Valley will not come around again, in my life time, to ride w/these guys... What's a retired guy to do ?
Any input on the Lake Superior ride would be appreciated.

Hey Chop, ride to Maggie Valley with your friends, and then, take the S.O. with you, around the Lake. Or doesn't she ride? :shrug:

choptop
05-21-2017, 04:01 PM
Hey Chop, ride to Maggie Valley with your friends, and then, take the S.O. with you, around the Lake. Or doesn't she ride? :shrug:

Yes but not much and couldn't get the time off. 1 ride will have to wait till next year, not sure which one yet.