PDA

View Full Version : torq loopz

dustytrader
05-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Has anyone put these on without having to take the exhaust loose from the headers? Such as using a grinder wheel? If so, any videos?

BIGLRY
05-22-2017, 05:25 PM
Has anyone put these on without having to take the exhaust loose from the headers? Such as using a grinder wheel? If so, any videos?It can be done, but is a pain in the a$$. You better have some good, thin cut-off blades, a bike lift is a big help to get all around everything and measure twice to cut once.

I have a MC lift and started to do my loopz that way, but after taking a real good look at the set up... removing the headers is a safer and really faster way to go IMO. Removing the headers is not a hard job and I did NOT replace the exhaust crush washers, they re-sealed up just fine.

dustytrader
05-23-2017, 08:23 AM
Good to know. Thanks for the tip!

It can be done, but is a pain in the a$$. You better have some good, thin cut-off blades, a bike lift is a big help to get all around everything and measure twice to cut once.

I have a MC lift and started to do my loopz that way, but after taking a real good look at the set up... removing the headers is a safer and really faster way to go IMO. Removing the headers is not a hard job and I did NOT replace the exhaust crush washers, they re-sealed up just fine.

speedjunkie
05-24-2017, 04:44 PM
I tried, but the 4" cutoff wheel is too small to cut all the way thru, and a recip saw would be dangerous with the frame right there. Save yourself some time and just drop the headers.

Mike