PDA

View Full Version : Ozarks Arkansas Tomorrow

robrm250
10-10-2013, 11:13 AM
well hooked up 12volt power outlet,rear intercom,plus my XM and we are heading off tomorrow to head to Harrison,Ar. Friday-Monday,hope to have a great first time riding the Ozarks.I don't know why it has taken me so long to head that way to ride but I guess being 3 hrs away from North Ga. might have something to do with it.

motozeke
10-10-2013, 12:04 PM
A Fall ride in the Ozarks, sounds lovely. Would like to do that someday, though it's a long ride from California.

Scotrod
10-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Wife and I love riding the Ozarks! :yes:

We're kinda partial to the areas South of Harrison/North of Russellville (Boston Mountains)

Be safe and HAVE FUN!!!!

robrm250
10-10-2013, 01:54 PM
thanks for the heads up,I bought a Butler Map and figure might run into some riders Sat. that know where they are going.I will be riding it to San Diego in March will get some of your California roads also soon.

Scotrod
10-10-2013, 02:47 PM
I like Butler maps! :yes: Usually spot on as far as what you can expect.

More good roads in AR to ride than a person can possibly do in 1 trip. Don't fret it if ya can't get 'em all! :icon_biggrin:

motozeke
10-10-2013, 03:17 PM
thanks for the heads up,I bought a Butler Map and figure might run into some riders Sat. that know where they are going.I will be riding it to San Diego in March will get some of your California roads also soon.

Let me know when you come into town; San Diego County has the best riding in Southern California!

Mrf13
10-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Try out AR-123 just out of Harrison.
And Push Mountain south of Mountain Home

RT59
10-10-2013, 07:06 PM
We have family in Hot Springs and have spent a lot of time riding Hwy 7 from Russellville to Hot Springs. It is a beautiful ride. The photo is the view from the Trading Post overlook south of Russellville..

Ride safely and enjoy!

Wife and I love riding the Ozarks! :yes:

We're kinda partial to the areas South of Harrison/North of Russellville (Boston Mountains)

Be safe and HAVE FUN!!!!

Mrf13
10-10-2013, 07:08 PM
You can take AR-123 South at Western Grove
Follow it to Hagerville then hit 164 that will take you to Hwy 7 just outside Russellville.
And if your hungry while in Russellville, try Brangus Feed Lot.
We make this run about twice a year.

Webo
10-10-2013, 07:55 PM
You have to ride hwy 7 out of Harrison, hwy 123, and hwy 23 the Pig Trail! When you get into Cass on hwy 23 turn right on Cass Oark rd and ride into Oark for a bite at the Oark country store! They make fresh pie daily and the store is just a really neat country store!

robrm250
10-19-2013, 02:51 PM
You have to ride hwy 7 out of Harrison, hwy 123, and hwy 23 the Pig Trail! When you get into Cass on hwy 23 turn right on Cass Oark rd and ride into Oark for a bite at the Oark country store! They make fresh pie daily and the store is just a really neat country store!

one of the couples we met up there was from Russellville, AR. he took us on that trail plus took us right to that store, had some dual sport bikes plus 4wheelers and side by sides out front, their cheeseburgers are huge.I was warned you can't ride all the great roads they have in a weekend but I was not warned it could cost you your job to go.Me and the wife both called in sick to work Monday to try to cover some more great roads and I wanted to call in sick Tuesday also but she was to yellow,(I've had trouble with her priorities for 30yrs)hell I can find another job.

Scotrod
10-19-2013, 09:30 PM
LOL! Don't worry,,, plenty of good roads to ride for a couple more trips in the future! :yes: