PDA

View Full Version : Peg dragging

scottarkon
05-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Ive got a mountain next to me that's a fantastic 50 miles of nonstop twisties climbing from 2300 to 9000ft. Yesterday I got to find the lean angle that touches the peg studs and got some scrapes on my highway pegs as well. Coming from a naked standard that can really get low, this is such a different beast. I also got to see the limits of the suspension and stock bar placement.

This is a long-term bike for me so I think the Traxxion full Monty is definitely going to happen next year.

Does anyone make a titanium or magnesium stud that replaces the peg's feeler bolt?

I had them on a cruiser I owned about 10 years ago and they put on a great show when it got dark. Left hand turns were the best watching people's faces as I dragged floorboards and threw sparks 10ft back. :) so much fun.

F6B1911
05-26-2017, 12:12 AM
Yeah, there's a company that makes peg save pucks specifically for the Gold Wing / F6B.
They're available in Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Titanium.
Do a search for PepsX.

scottarkon
05-27-2017, 12:41 AM
Found them! Thanks!!

Steve 0080
05-27-2017, 07:20 AM
http://www.pepsx.com/products.html

I have the titanium pucks, there is no drilling to install. You may need to trim the rubber boot on your peg. They also make a nice shower of sparks when they tough down!

willtill
05-27-2017, 10:10 AM
http://www.pepsx.com/products.html

I have the titanium pucks, there is no drilling to install. You may need to trim the rubber boot on your peg. They also make a nice shower of sparks when they tough down!

If I ever go back to the stock pegs, I'll do those Titanium pucks :icon_cool:

Steve 0080
05-27-2017, 04:53 PM
I saw a peg fall off a bike in the P/L after a ride once!!! Crazy, the guy drug it into two pieces! :yikes:

2wheelsforme
05-27-2017, 07:11 PM
Just received my Peg Saver Pucks but not installed as of yet. The first line in the installation instructions I received says "Locating and drilling a 5/16th hole is required for installation of the Peg Savers."

Jimmytee
05-29-2017, 06:34 AM
Just received my Peg Saver Pucks but not installed as of yet. The first line in the installation instructions I received says "Locating and drilling a 5/16th hole is required for installation of the Peg Savers."

I was going to say, the ones I got required a hole drilled. Not a big deal though.

timbo2
05-29-2017, 12:03 PM
Anyone know if these will work with the KURY MINI BOARDS?
Thanx