PDA

View Full Version : Anybody having issues with buffeting with the Madstad windshield?

Kirby
05-28-2017, 12:21 PM
I have tried the 13 in and the 15 in, I am 6ft 4in with a 34 inch inseam and no matter that height or angle I am getting my head beat off. I wear a full face helmet and as far as I can tell the wind in coming from the sides and not over the top. Has anyone else experienced that? and how did you fix it? It seems the windshield is not wide enough to deflect the wind away.

timbo2
05-28-2017, 12:32 PM
I too am 6'4" w/34" inseam. I have the 15" screen set in the lowest position and set angle a little steeper than the recommended 60 degrees - no buffeting issues at all.

53driver
05-28-2017, 12:41 PM
One tall gent at the 2015 Rally had a taller Madstad almost completely vertical - said it worked VERY well for him!

Cheers,
Steve

naga viper
05-29-2017, 07:57 AM
I had a similar experience my issue was the helmet itself

I have tried the 13 in and the 15 in, I am 6ft 4in with a 34 inch inseam and no matter that height or angle I am getting my head beat off. I wear a full face helmet and as far as I can tell the wind in coming from the sides and not over the top. Has anyone else experienced that? and how did you fix it? It seems the windshield is not wide enough to deflect the wind away.

VStarRider
05-29-2017, 01:45 PM
6'1" rider here, 33" inseam, 13" Madstad...

No buffeting issues at all with windshield straight up (90 deg) and in its highest position.

For the summer, I let go down about halfway and tilt it back (towards me) to, if I had to guess, 50 degrees. I get some buffeting about 20% of the time...depending upon the vehicle in front of me, or the wind direction. I often ride with my sunshade down and visor up, I am sure contributes to that 20% buffeting outcome. With the visor down, I get very little buffeting even in that aforementioned lower position.

I would suggest a different helmet....if it is loose, it will exasperate any helmet motion.

Heavvyduty
05-30-2017, 12:58 AM
6ft 3in here... 13in shield works like a charm all most all the way up.

ths61
05-30-2017, 01:01 AM
6' 0", 32 inseam. 15" all the way down with slight tilt forward. Higher in inclement weather with the copilot on the back.

98valk
06-01-2017, 08:15 PM

Soooooo ... Did you try the suggestions and did it help? Inquiring minds want to know! :icon_lol: