PDA

View Full Version : Here is a question for all of you

shortleg0521
05-30-2017, 03:02 AM
Who is the girl or guy that was the love of your life.
Were you one of the lucky ones to end up with them?
Know this question might seem strange on this kind of forum.
But it,s one that makes us who we are.

taxfree4
05-30-2017, 06:37 AM
I'll keep marrying them till I get the answer to that question, I'm going to need a little more time.

valkmc
05-30-2017, 07:12 AM
I'll keep marrying them till I get the answer to that question, I'm going to need a little more time.
Married mine on the third time. Been together 12 years and never happier!

Old Ryder
05-30-2017, 09:03 AM
Married to the same gal for a little over 45 years. I would not trade my life with anybody that I have ever met---no matter how much money or what kind of life/wife they have. We have had our share of problems, but still going stronger than ever.

53driver
05-30-2017, 10:02 AM
31 years, 5 months & 2 days.
Same woman.
Ups & downs, lefts & rights, 8 deployments, 2 kids, 9 houses, two military careers, now two retirements.
She shoots & cooks better than I do, so I figure I still got lots to learn.

Cheers,
Steve

shortleg0521
05-30-2017, 11:03 AM
Did it three times to find the right one.
Started to think they were like potatoe chips.
I just couldn't eat one!

taxfree4
05-30-2017, 11:25 AM
Married mine on the third time. Been together 12 years and never happier!

By the look of your travel map I'm guessing one ex wife lives in Idaho and the other Hawaii.

Old Ryder
05-30-2017, 12:06 PM

If I may quote the late and great comedian Tim Wilson, "If you been married 12 times, Hey, maybe it's you" :duck:

lloydmoore1
05-30-2017, 07:20 PM
30 yrs and I can honestly say that if it wasn't for her I would be living in a hooch behind KFC eating chicken bones. 2 great kids who are grown up and on their own. Both retired military. She has been my best friend from the start and I'm lucky to have her.

six2go
05-30-2017, 09:10 PM
Still married to the love of my life after 52yrs and 7 days. "nuff said.:icon_wink:

stevenolts
05-31-2017, 05:30 AM
Still married for 30 years!!! I am in love and think I would not be the alive without her.

VStarRider
05-31-2017, 07:08 AM
There is "heart-based" love and "brain-based" love.

My first true love (heart-based) broke my heart approximately nine years ago when she told me she didn't love me anymore. Other than putting down my beloved Jack Russell Terrier at age 16, it was the most heart-wrenching experience in my life.

Four years ago, I married a woman who was not a "true love" from a purely emotional standpoint, but one who is a great partner, supportive, and someone I look forward to spending time with. I made a "brain-based" decision to marry her. I was 37 years old at the time and finally mature enough to realize what matters most...because after the sex and lust become less frequent, you better have something else to hang your hat on...so to speak.

Four years into this marriage, I am a far better man than I thought I ever could become....and I love this woman in a deeper way than I never knew existed.

The key, if anyone was to ask...find someone that you can be yourself with and not be made to feel uncomfortable at any time for doing just that.

opas ride
05-31-2017, 11:59 AM
Married my high school "sweetheart" at 19, she was almost 18, had two kids and thought things were going pretty well...WRONG!!!..She filed for divorce after 4 years as she was sleeping with the guy I rode to work with and told me she fell out of love with me...She got the farm and I got the shaft!!!..Colorado laws in 1963 "sucked"....Anyhow got married again at 26 to the greatest woman in the world and now almost 51 years later, 5 kids, 16 grandkids, we still are together and love each other very much!!! Our deep seated faith in the Lord has played a major role in our lives and we are very grateful and happy....Regards and ride safe

Old Ryder
05-31-2017, 12:25 PM
Married my high school "sweetheart" at 19, she was almost 18, had two kids and thought things were going pretty well...WRONG!!!..She filed for divorce after 4 years as she was sleeping with the guy I rode to work with and told me she fell out of love with me...She got the farm and I got the shaft!!!..Colorado laws in 1963 "sucked"....Anyhow got married again at 26 to the greatest woman in the world and now almost 51 years later, 5 kids, 16 grandkids, we still are together and love each other very much!!! Our deep seated faith in the Lord has played a major role in our lives and we are very grateful and happy....Regards and ride safe

Very true--- Ecclesiastes 4:12

shortleg0521
05-31-2017, 05:15 PM
Very true--- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Funny thing I have noticed now that Iam 70.
The stongestcouples that I know have faith in what ever
religion they happen to be.
It took me a long time to start to belive in something myself and start
to give back.
It has helped me get through a world of loss and get over a lot of rage.
Oh, and the wife Ihave now is my lastbecause she said she would kill me if
I asked for a deviorce ˆnice spelling*
So to stay alive I willkeep this one.
Thank you Lord!

ths61
05-31-2017, 06:27 PM
Been with the same lady for over 33 years. How she ever chose to stay with me all this time, I will never know.

BobR
05-31-2017, 07:06 PM
June 11th will mark 40 years with my wonderful wife. We have been through a lot including ups and downs but With the help of the Lord we have gotten through it all. I heard a friend of mine say that there is not a mean bone in her body. He is right. Plus any woman that will put up with a husband owning/restoring 435 vehicles including 122 bikes over the years is a saint. We joke that we are getting older, fatter, and falling apart together. Every day is a blessing.

valkmc
05-31-2017, 10:24 PM
By the look of your travel map I'm guessing one ex wife lives in Idaho and the other Hawaii.

That's funny, but no both live in Florida.

okf6b
06-08-2017, 12:29 AM
I didn't know what happiness was until I got married.....then I wanted it back. :shock: