PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Wax do you use?

RuneRider66
06-01-2017, 04:13 AM
Just wondering what you guys think I should use as far as wax goes. Thank you for your input

bob109
06-01-2017, 04:56 AM
If you don't have a "matt finish" several coats of "Liquid Glass" does wonders:icon_wink:

JackB
06-01-2017, 06:39 AM
I use Glare it is the best wax I ever used.
I tried a lot of waxes and Glare beats them all.
My black looks great.

DaWadd
06-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Meguiars NXT Tech 2 wax. Easiest and best wax i've tried."coffee"

shortleg0521
06-01-2017, 09:54 AM
Just wondering what you guys think I should use as far as wax goes. Thank you for your input

I have found a lot of information about wax and such at autogeek.com
You will find out all about what each kind will do andhowto treat your paint.

Drugar
06-02-2017, 02:04 PM
I use Adams Polish on my Camaro and F6B. Their products are top notch and they have products for just about any automotive paint care you want to use.

woody
06-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Another Meguiars NXT tech 2. Excellent product.

terryboyle
06-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Don't delay, protect the finish right away!

opas ride
06-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Hardly ever use any wax...Honda Spray Polish works the best for me on my bikes...Been using it for almost 15 years without any need for any other products...Used Turtle Wax once but did not notice much difference.. Regards

drifter
06-02-2017, 10:33 PM
I use Adams buttery wax on my cars and motorcycles

luckyluciano
06-03-2017, 12:02 PM
I use Wolfgang

unsub
06-03-2017, 12:22 PM

OP I use the Honda cleaner and polish. In my opinion this is a snake oil business, like motor oil. So why not just go with what the manufacturer recommends.

1. It's inexpensive
2. Recommended by Mother Honda
3. It really goes a long way
4. It buffs up nice

tip: look for it at retailers that sell Honda landscaping power equipment (non motorcycle dealers) and save even more!

opas ride
06-03-2017, 12:48 PM
OP I use the Honda cleaner and polish. In my opinion this is a snake oil business, like motor oil. So why not just go with what the manufacturer recommends.

1. It's inexpensive
2. Recommended by Mother Honda
3. It really goes a long way
4. It buffs up nice

tip: look for it at retailers that sell Honda landscaping power equipment (non motorcycle dealers) and save even more!

+1 and then some my friend!!..As I said I have had over 20 bikes and just as many cars over the years and nothing, in my humble opinion, works as good as Honda Spray Polish for the money....Never had any faded paint, peeling paint, or other issues ever!!...

Ewreck
06-22-2017, 09:21 PM
Duckeys matte finish spray. Has anyone coughed up some dough and applied Flight Shield?

Broken Hand
06-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Griots B.O.S.S. correcting polish followed by Topcoat F11.

Radar no longer acquires my signature, and F6B floats an inch above tarmac @ 70mph.

GNW
06-25-2017, 07:48 AM
For me I use Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax.
Easy on - Easy Off
Wally World Cheap !:shhh:

Flyingscot
06-25-2017, 11:23 AM
lemon pledge

BIGLRY
06-25-2017, 12:30 PM
lemon pledgeI'm a Lemon Pledge guy too. I've been using it for years with great results and my scoot smells soooooo lemony fresh :yes:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g312/nukemdomis/more-lemon-pledge-consuela.png

StonedInNy
06-26-2017, 06:29 PM
I use Rat Wax cleaner and wax. doesn't shine at all

VStarRider
07-01-2017, 02:33 PM
+1 and then some my friend!!..As I said I have had over 20 bikes and just as many cars over the years and nothing, in my humble opinion, works as good as Honda Spray Polish for the money....Never had any faded paint, peeling paint, or other issues ever!!...

Upon yours and others' recommendations, I just purchased two cans on Amazon for $17. My ride is still dirty from the last time I rode in the rain. Can I use the Honda spray polish/cleaner directly on the dirty surfaces or do I need to wash it with soap and water first?

unsub
07-01-2017, 05:15 PM
I thinks it's prudent to water rinse the surface first if it's heavier than dust. That eliminates some risk of heavy particles scratching the surface..that's my modus operandi. I also use it on the windshield.

Lemon pledge popped up in the discussion here and that's also a great product for our usage. I've heard it referred to as the detailer's secret. I started using the Honda cleaner when I noticed it was just marginally more per can than Pledge but a can of Honda goes a lot farther. ymmv

opas ride
07-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Upon yours and others' recommendations, I just purchased two cans on Amazon for $17. My ride is still dirty from the last time I rode in the rain. Can I use the Honda spray polish/cleaner directly on the dirty surfaces or do I need to wash it with soap and water first?
I have never used soap and water on any of my bikes in over 20 years..I suppose if the thing is filthy dirty from a lot of road grime maybe a quick rise would not hurt...I have gotten mine fairly dirty at times, and I just apply the Honda spray polish/cleaner, let it set for a few and then wipe clean with a micro fiber cloth/towel...Looks and shines like new!!!...Ride safe

Greg O
07-02-2017, 02:17 PM
I use Multisurface Pledge, shit finish on my black bike, when it gets bad enough I'll paint it or sell it.

Quartermain
09-02-2017, 03:18 PM
I use Multisurface Pledge, shit finish on my black bike, when it gets bad enough I'll paint it or sell it.

New guy here with my 2 cents. I have been using a product called Collinite 835 for years and it is unquestionably the finest stuff I've ever used. It was originally designed to coat electric wire insulators from the elements and is UNBELIEVABLY long lasting, as per it's intended purpose. It goes on like butter and wipes off just as easy, with no color transfer to the cloth, as it is not really a wax, but more of a sealer that allows bugs and brake dust to just wipe right off. It is available at Advance Auto or online. Try it, you won't use anything else!

SimonTemplar
09-02-2017, 05:35 PM
On my '15 Matte Silver Deluxe....

Klasse Car Care http://www.klasseusa.com

Apply Klasse All-In-One (red bottle) then, 24 hours later, come back and apply Klasse Sealant Glaze (silver bottle) whisper thin over top of it.

Absolutely bulletproof finish. Lasts forever and nothing sticks to it. Any bugs or etc. wipes off easy peasy with a damp cloth.

Been using it forever on my cars and have never had a complaint. Not to mention that one bottle of each will last you in excess of 15 to 20 YEARS.

....sT

tiltingf6b
09-02-2017, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to detailing - I've been using a product called F11 Top Coat for 1 year and I really like it. The guy who restored my 1989 Chevy pickup suggested it.
Here in the South we have love bugs twice a year and so far the F11 has been making it easy peasy to wipe off the corrosive green gut juices.

TandemGeek
09-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Zaino...

Z-CS after washing and clay-bar with Dawn to get a fresh foundation.

Z-2 or Z-5 after the Z-CS cures; usually 3 coats will suffice for 6 months.

Touch-up in between with Z-6 or Z-8 detailing spray.

Makes paint look amazing while also providing a lot of protection.

Bigcityd
09-04-2017, 07:55 AM
For those of us with the fastest colour-black, Turtle Wax has come out with a black tinted cleaner, wax and polish kit that I just used for the first time yesterday. I had some of my neighbours approach me and say the bike has never looked better. The shine is definitely there and it appears to have hidden some of the swirls and scratches. I would recommend it for the black coated crowd.

F6B1911
09-04-2017, 08:29 AM
For those of us with the fastest colour-black,.....

The paint on my fastest black F6B is terrible, I use 80-grit sandpaper, then finish it up with the most abrasive rubbing compound I can find.

dadeo
09-28-2017, 09:38 AM
Several of you have reccomended Liquid Glass for our scoots. I think something bad is up with this company. I tried to buy some online yesterday. It is no longer available at Amazon.It also shows up as not available at many other sites. One guy on e-bay seems to have some for a pretty steep price. You can't make a purchase at the Liquid Glass website. When you click on "order", up pops a pdf price list with phone numbers for toll free, regular and fax. The toll free number has been disconnected. I called the landline yesterday and nobody answered, so I left a message. I called them today, and I was told that they can't take credit cards and won't be able to for at least a couple of more weeks. The only way you can order anything is by paying with a check or money order. I have long since stopped paying people I don't know with money orders or checks.

Something is not right here folks.

Seriously.

bob109
09-28-2017, 10:00 AM
Several of you have reccomended Liquid Glass for our scoots. I think something bad is up with this company. I tried to buy some online yesterday. It is no longer available at Amazon.It also shows up as not available at many other sites. One guy on e-bay seems to have some for a pretty steep price. You can't make a purchase at the Liquid Glass website. When you click on "order", up pops a pdf price list with phone numbers for toll free, regular and fax. The toll free number has been disconnected. I called the landline yesterday and nobody answered, so I left a message. I called them today, and I was told that they can't take credit cards and won't be able to for at least a couple of more weeks. The only way you can order anything is by paying with a check or money order. I have long since stopped paying people I don't know with money orders or checks.

Seriously.

Advance Auto has Liquid Glass advertised for $34.99 a can! They have stores throughout Virginia:039: I believe CarQuest is affiliated with AA and may stock LG:icon_wink:

BIGLRY
09-28-2017, 10:54 AM

Seriously.Since Liquid Glass can't be sold in CA due to C.A.R.B.(Calif Air Resources Board) regs and other BS. I have my daughter in AZ send it to me and she gets it from Advance Auto Parts, it has alway been pricey.... oh and my other daughter in UT. can get it for me at the same store, but it cost even more there than in AZ.:shrug:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/liquid-glass-ultimate-auto-polish-finish-lg100/89013169-P
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcsstore/CVWEB/staticproductimage//N3302/large/89013169_lqg_lg100_pri_larg.jpg

TripleDuck
09-28-2017, 12:19 PM
I used Liquid Glass for years and then migrated to Zaino. I was insano for Zaino with its SUPERIOR finish but it is WAY more work and time than I want to invest anymore. Currently I'm rocking the F11 Top Coat and I'm happy...happy.....happy

dadeo
09-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Advance Auto has Liquid Glass advertised for $34.99 a can! They have stores throughout Virginia:039: I believe CarQuest is affiliated with AA and may stock LG:icon_wink:

NOPE! LG is not available to me in DC/VA/MD thru Advance Auto. When I try to order it on the Advance website and deliver to my home, the order will not go thru. And it comes up as not available an ANY local store. Same for carquest... There is a can of it in a Cortland NY store.... probably an error because its not in any other store in that area. Seems suspicious all around to me. There is nothing that states that it is not available in all states. Seems like this product is having distribution issues.

But today it comes back as available on Amazon.

BIGLRY
09-28-2017, 03:43 PM
NOPE! LG is not available to me in DC/VA/MD thru Advance Auto. When I try to order it on the Advance website and deliver to my home, the order will not go thru. And it comes up as not available an ANY local store. Same for carquest... There is a can of it in a Cortland NY store.... probably an error because its not in any other store in that area. Seems suspicious all around to me. There is nothing that states that it is not available in all states. Seems like this product is having distribution issues.

NOT "distribution issues" but EPA, CARB and a few other ridiculous, environmental, tree hugging, left wing :bsII: issues!!!
Like I posted, I get it from AZ and UT regularly, but can't buy in CA. there were a few places on Ebay that was selling too, but I haven't looked in a while so can't say for sure now.

motornerd
09-28-2017, 03:45 PM
I just ordered something called Rat Wax from Amazon. Supposed to be for matte paint. If it's really good I will update you.

Walcrow
09-28-2017, 04:03 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51ywOLljbAL.jpg

I guess this must be Ms. Rat..................I might buy the company if she's part of the deal.

dadeo
09-28-2017, 04:33 PM
Since Liquid Glass can't be sold in CA due to C.A.R.B.(Calif Air Resources Board) regs and other BS. I have my daughter in AZ send it to me and she gets it from Advance Auto Parts, it has alway been pricey.... oh and my other daughter in UT. can get it for me at the same store, but it cost even more there than in AZ.:shrug:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/liquid-glass-ultimate-auto-polish-finish-lg100/89013169-P

Intersting point. Although I have to admit that California's air is a hell of a lot cleaner since CARB started to crack down in the late 1970s. And so is much of the rest of the nation's. I guess you can put me down as committed to cleaner air and water across this great country. Even still, we've got more cleanup to do. Last weekend my wife and I drove down Skyline Drive an hour from Washington. Temps were near 90 and no wind until about 2,000 ft. Looking to the east back towards Baltimore and DC one could see a brown layer of goo all the way to the horizon. It was about as dirty an air day as I have seen in 10 years here. Best part of the day was spent at higher altitudes. Our east coast cities have still have the nastiest air in the country. I expect that CARB banned Liquid Glass because the stuff is loaded with VOCs according the Material Safety Data Sheets I see online. That's too bad for them because the VOCs are a big part of air pollution. They are going to have to reformulate. Eventually. enough rambling.

Xrider57
09-28-2017, 04:44 PM

I really like F11 Top Cote but it's expensive. I have used Bass Boat savor since 2006 when I bought a boat. It is great for bug juice and not much else sticks. I have never washed my bike just BBS on a wet rag and buff when dry. Great for windshields too and can use on seats.

unsub
09-29-2017, 05:01 PM
Maybe at the next rally there will be a show-n-shine to display results of our favorite waxes?

six2go
10-02-2017, 10:47 AM
New guy here with my 2 cents. I have been using a product called Collinite 835 for years and it is unquestionably the finest stuff I've ever used. It was originally designed to coat electric wire insulators from the elements and is UNBELIEVABLY long lasting, as per it's intended purpose. It goes on like butter and wipes off just as easy, with no color transfer to the cloth, as it is not really a wax, but more of a sealer that allows bugs and brake dust to just wipe right off. It is available at Advance Auto or online. Try it, you won't use anything else!
Ditto on the Collinite 835 "Insulator Wax." I have used it since the very early days of the Valkyrie. I use other waxes as well, but I believe the 835 is the longest lasting with the best protection that I have tried.

Jerryo
10-02-2017, 11:39 AM
2016 F6B Deluxe Matte silver
i use Rat Wax for my bike works great easy to apply and clean , bought a kit that included individual (sealed) packets that don`t take up any room and are great for trips and bug removal

jbongo
10-10-2017, 08:03 PM

I can't find this stuff anywhere, including Amazon, Advanced Auto Parts, ebay, etc. I also called the Liquid Glass company today and their 800 number is disconnected and no one answers their local line.

dadeo
10-10-2017, 11:04 PM
I can't find this stuff anywhere, including Amazon, Advanced Auto Parts, ebay, etc. I also called the Liquid Glass company today and their 800 number is disconnected and no one answers their local line.

A week ago it appeared on Amazon -- seems to be from the company in NJ that makes it... So I got two 16 oz cans.
The 800 number is dead, The website now has their phone number at a NY number
201-387-6755

soupbean
10-11-2017, 03:48 AM
Mentioned this before I believe..., I've got a matte grey "B". Maguires Quick Detailer ( purple bottle ), Maguires Ultimate Quick Detailer ( black bottle ). Not a wax, polish...