PDA

View Full Version : Another Pleasant Surprise

kjelders
10-12-2013, 04:37 PM
I haven't had the need to take the left side cover off (battery side) until today. I recently purchase a new battery tender and was going to put the tender pigtail on, and dang, it already has one on it. Cool! :clap2:

F6B-RICH
10-12-2013, 05:36 PM
I guess the dealer installed it but forgot to stick it out of the cover so you can see/use it :banghead:

Steve 0080
10-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Had to be dealer...not from factory.....I guess that is for the folks who can't ride in the winter???

kjelders
10-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I guess I have a Honda F6B BDN? Black Deluxe North! :icon_mrgreen:

MichaelG
10-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Had to be dealer...not from factory.....I guess that is for the folks who can't ride in the winter???

Oh...Steve...that is so wrong. That battery tender pigtail is there so that you CAN ride in the Winter. It gives the rider a place to plug-in their Gerbing Heated Clothing. :077:

hondabikepro
10-12-2013, 08:07 PM
I haven't had the need to take the left side cover off (battery side) until today. I recently purchase a new battery tender and was going to put the tender pigtail on, and dang, it already has one on it. Cool! :clap2:

i always install battery leads on all the bikes i sell. sorry that it was not sticking out were you could see it. we always try to make it easy for the customer to maintain there battery's. a lot of starter and solenoid failures are from low voltage. dale

kjelders
10-12-2013, 08:11 PM
i always install battery leads on all the bikes i sell. sorry that it was not sticking out were you could see it. we always try to make it easy for the customer to maintain there battery's. a lot of starter and solenoid failures are from low voltage. dale

Thanks Dale!

gray rider
10-12-2013, 08:28 PM
I live in th frigid brrrrrrr north and installed my Battery Tender pigtail this afternoon. No such luck that the dealer would have installed one at setup time. Oh well, it took about 5-6 minutes since the battery is exposed and access is really easy.

I also installed one on my 2012 Vmax. This install was a big pain in the "ars" as the battery is very buried and 9 bolts to remove from awkward spots where if you drop a fastener it will disappear into the abyss never to be seen again. My god, the wiring, tubes and plumbing concealed by all those covers is mind boggling. It is a mechanical/electrical miracle that all this crap functions as well as it does.

It makes me nostalgic for the days when my bikes were primarily old ratty magneto fired Sportsters that had but 3 wires on the whole bike.

My brain functions well with just 3 working synapses so maybe I'm doomed to ride old Sportsters again at some point----

MichaelG
10-12-2013, 09:08 PM

So...Dale...how was the ride to Orlando ????? I checked the weather, and it looks WARM there. :shock:

BTW, that was a low-down-dirty-trick to take off and ride to Florida, when my bike is inside your shop, all torn apart, and I cannot ride it. :077:
Real sneaky way to pour on the miles, when your customer is down and out. :icon_rolleyes: I guess some guys will do anything to have more miles on their bikes than me...but I will catch up...even if it means riding in lightning storms again :shock:

Hey, pay close attention to the weather when you leave Florida, as it appears that the southern midwest is full of bad storms for the next several days.

And let US know when you are home safe.

motozeke
10-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Oh...Steve...that is so wrong. That battery tender pigtail is there so that you CAN ride in the Winter. It gives the rider a place to plug-in their Gerbing Heated Clothing. :077:

I always use the SAE plug for my Cyclepump. I wouldn't have a bike without one (the SAE plug or the Cyclepump I mean).

Steve 0080
10-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Speaking of synapses.....I'm thinkin ole Sparky's have been warped.... just sayin! and here in the south the cold weather will not bond ours together !!!

hondabikepro
10-13-2013, 09:05 PM
So...Dale...how was the ride to Orlando ????? I checked the weather, and it looks WARM there. :shock:

BTW, that was a low-down-dirty-trick to take off and ride to Florida, when my bike is inside your shop, all torn apart, and I cannot ride it. :077:
Real sneaky way to pour on the miles, when your customer is down and out. :icon_rolleyes: I guess some guys will do anything to have more miles on their bikes than me...but I will catch up...even if it means riding in lightning storms again :shock:

Hey, pay close attention to the weather when you leave Florida, as it appears that the southern midwest is full of bad storms for the next several days.

And let US know when you are home safe.
well i did make it to orlando, stopped by and spent the morning with, Phantom6b had breakfast and solved all the worlds problems, he took me on a tour of the coast, wow what a place very nice, and i did not have to ware rain gear!!! when i left home it was raining, it rained on and off all the way to Moab. the next morning it was really coming down, and 40 degrees, that lasted for about two hundred miles, then it got ugly, 35 degrees
high winds, and mixed snow on the windshield for another 150 miles, then just rain. there was high winds and rain all the way tucumcari, then ten miles after that 40 miles per hour winds and dust storms, my bike is getting sand plastid. then yesterday some one backs into my bike from the right side while i am fueling it and shoves it backwards, but doesn't hurt anything, but did shove the highway peg threw his back bumper. and today going to see phantom6b and large pig ran across in front of me, but i missed him, so no bacon for me. will be here all week hopefully the ride home will be better, just turned 23.000 on the f6b, should be able to get another 15.000 before the end of the year. i will count any milage that you get, double because your bike is down. dale

Phantom
10-13-2013, 10:12 PM
well i did make it to orlando, stopped by and spent the morning with, Phantom6b had breakfast and solved all the worlds problems, he took me on a tour of the coast, wow what a place very nice, and i did not have to ware rain gear!!! dale

Weather here on the pan handle of Florida could not have been better, I was a bad boy and rode without my leather jacket :icon_redface::spank:

Dale, it was nice to have met you, thoroughly enjoyed our short ride and breakfast. Thank You for the tips, I made mental notes and will be turning over that stored engine as you prescribed :icon_cool::yes:

Safe travels my friend.

fl1madmax
10-18-2013, 07:18 AM
well i did make it to orlando, stopped by and spent the morning with, Phantom6b had breakfast and solved all the worlds problems, he took me on a tour of the coast, wow what a place very nice, and i did not have to ware rain gear!!! when i left home it was raining, it rained on and off all the way to Moab. the next morning it was really coming down, and 40 degrees, that lasted for about two hundred miles, then it got ugly, 35 degrees
high winds, and mixed snow on the windshield for another 150 miles, then just rain. there was high winds and rain all the way tucumcari, then ten miles after that 40 miles per hour winds and dust storms, my bike is getting sand plastid. then yesterday some one backs into my bike from the right side while i am fueling it and shoves it backwards, but doesn't hurt anything, but did shove the highway peg threw his back bumper. and today going to see phantom6b and large pig ran across in front of me, but i missed him, so no bacon for me. will be here all week hopefully the ride home will be better, just turned 23.000 on the f6b, should be able to get another 15.000 before the end of the year. i will count any milage that you get, double because your bike is down. dale

Yea we can ride Year round, supposed to be 88 today and Blue Ski, but in the winter months from Nov-Mar, the old Cotton Tops take out more bikers
than you can shake a stick at, they pull up to a intersection, and cant turn their necks so they just go, they wipe out more bikers in 5 months
then all year, I live in Melbourne Florida, and the East coast is full of the OLD FARTS, and I'm 64, So if you come to Florida for Bike Week, PLEASE look out for the Cotton Tops, you can see them with their Heads barely above the steering wheel !!!!!! RIDE SAFE , Enjoy LIFE !!

jkelley
10-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Yea we can ride Year round, supposed to be 88 today and Blue Ski, but in the winter months from Nov-Mar, the old Cotton Tops take out more bikers
than you can shake a stick at, they pull up to a intersection, and cant turn their necks so they just go, they wipe out more bikers in 5 months
then all year, I live in Melbourne Florida, and the East coast is full of the OLD FARTS, and I'm 64, So if you come to Florida for Bike Week, PLEASE look out for the Cotton Tops, you can see them with their Heads barely above the steering wheel !!!!!! RIDE SAFE , Enjoy LIFE !!

I heard that, here in the Brevard NC area we get our share during the summer when all the blue hairs come to their summer homes.. Now leaf season and the Blue Ridge parkway is off limits for me. They wreck every day up there. Strange, must not have trees any where else.
I