PDA

View Full Version : 2013 F6B at dealership

choptop
10-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Found a Deluxe w/995 miles, at a dealership for $15,995.00 Sounds like a good price, wish I was ready. Black

motozeke
10-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Found a Deluxe w/995 miles, at a dealership for $15,995.00 Sounds like a good price, wish I was ready. Black

If that were local I'd be sorely tempted.

ths61
10-12-2013, 06:46 PM

Would be a nice ride home !!!

opas ride
10-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Picked up mine 3 days ago and paid a hell of lot more than that price....I wonder???? Although mine was new and had a "boat-load" of extras, including custom paint, someone may get a nice deal if the price is correct....I'm happy with my deal and that is all that really counts in my book....

choptop
10-12-2013, 08:37 PM

500 miles east of me, long, long way for you.

motozeke
10-12-2013, 09:35 PM
500 miles east of me, long, long way for you.

Yep. Make that ride in October? Mmmm maybe not.

Steve 0080
10-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Thats two thousand ( $$$ ) cheaper than anyone else paid...I thinking get ready and if it is soooo cold to bond your synapses then borrow a trailer!!!

choptop
10-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Thats two thousand ( $$$ ) cheaper than anyone else paid...I thinking get ready and if it is soooo cold to bond your synapses then borrow a trailer!!!

Made an inquiry call, when I saw it,unfortunately they were closed, will try again Monday. Yesterday, took my trailer and van to pick up an old safe, 170 miles away, something went in the tranny, 40 miles from destination, took me 8 hours and 600 tow fee, to get back home, and no safe to show for all that. ouch/lol

MichaelG
10-13-2013, 12:22 AM

When I talked to WES at HOR the other day, he said they will sell a Red...(I believe it was a standard)...for $ 16,599.00, and a Black...(probably a standard) for $ 17199.00 He said the reasoning is that the Black ones sell almost 10 to 1 over the Red ones, so that is why they sell the Red ones for less money.

At $ 16,599.00, even for a standard model, it is a good deal...brand new...no miles on it.

1951vbs
10-13-2013, 01:46 PM
When I talked to WES at HOR the other day, he said they will sell a Red...(I believe it was a standard)...for $ 16,599.00, and a Black...(probably a standard) for $ 17199.00 He said the reasoning is that the Black ones sell almost 10 to 1 over the Red ones, so that is why they sell the Red ones for less money.

At $ 16,599.00, even for a standard model, it is a good deal...brand new...no miles on it.

I did pay more for my Black F6 at my local dealer than HOR but my local dealer TAKES CARE OF ME and has for years. A good relationship with your local dealer is worth a lot of $$$.

Cool Hand Luke
10-13-2013, 02:16 PM
I did pay more for my Black F6 at my local dealer than HOR but my local dealer TAKES CARE OF ME and has for years. A good relationship with your local dealer is worth a lot of $$$.

I agree! It doesn't hurt. Got a good deal in the process, too ($17,200+300= $17,500 out the door) because I gave him my business over the years and I will give him more business in the future. Good relationship goes both ways, especially if you're into a long haul.

F6BPDX
10-14-2013, 12:00 PM
$16k is pretty killer. I paid $17,900 for mine with ~750 miles on it as a dealer demo and was pretty thrilled with that.

billv45
10-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Just get a few dealers fighting (via email) for your business and you'll get a better price. I found a dealer listing new Deluxe models on cycletrader for $16995 (the FL dealer) He also had them on his website for that price but both prices went to 19K a few days after I saw it and started talking to them. The saleman laughed a little when I asked about the price increase and said Honda wasn't to fond of them advertising that price and they got their hand slapped but it what he was selling them for.

Well FL was a long drive for me so I started shopping around, asking who would match $16995 and found the other two. Paid $16995 (not including my local sales tax which Alabama is going to get regardless! They added that on and gave me a check for the DMV) I ended up getting mine from Lawrenceville Honda as they were the closest to B'ham AL and I got my previous bike there and I'm kinda sorta loyal. They had a red one left when I pulled away from the dealership but I got the last black one. Jeff Kennedy is the guy to speak with there.

ths61
10-25-2013, 07:46 PM

I stopped by my local dealer yesterday. Their Deluxe models were tagged @ $16,499 plus $1K delivery/dealer prep plus TTL. They said it would be under $19K OTD with TTL.

Is that a good price considering state tax is @ 10%?

jakec
10-25-2013, 07:58 PM
I feel that's a very good price.
Jakec

Phantom
10-25-2013, 08:00 PM
I stopped by my local dealer yesterday. Their Deluxe models were tagged @ $16,499 plus $1K delivery/dealer prep plus TTL. They said it would be under $19K OTD with TTL.

Is that a good price considering state tax is @ 10%?

Cost of Bike $16,499
Dealer Prep $ 1,000 (negotiable)
10% State tax $1,750

---->>>>> = $19,249

How much is the Title fee in California? $200 ???
How much is the license fee in California? $300 ???

My math says maybe under $20K out the door?

ths61
10-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Cost of Bike $16,499
Dealer Prep $ 1,000 (negotiable)
10% State tax $1,750

---->>>>> = $19,249

My math says maybe under $20K out the door?

I wish dealers would just list the OTD prices and be done with it. The salesman just had the $16,499 and under $19K OTD figures. The $1K dealer prep was on the stickers split into 2 under the normal prices. To get it under $19K, they must be cutting into some of the dealer prep charges.

I asked them about the 2014 models and they had no information to offer.

choptop
01-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Stopped at a Honda dealer in the Twin Cities today. '13 Deluxe, 800 mile demo ridden by someone in the dealer, 17,500. but said he could do better, said Honda has a 1,000.00 rebate this month?, could get me 3 months delayed payment. Wish it wasn't the beginning of January in Wisconsin, wish I was ready and I don't think that it is that good of a deal that I would want to look at it for appx 4 months.

Thoughts ?

MichaelG
01-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Well, $ 16,500.00 for a relatively new bike...800 miles of demo riding, still have a full 3 years unlimited mileage warranty, and the first payment is delayed for 3 months. Not bad, but if he will sell it for a flat $ 16,000.00, I say go for it. Keep in mind that if your state charges a sales tax, you are only pay tax on that lower amount, or...the difference of what you would owe if you were to trade something in. Sounds like the dealer is really wanting to sell this bike, as he knows the 2014 bikes will be delivered very soon. See if he will accept an offer for an even $ 16,000.00, and if not...walk out...and let him call you next week, or two weeks from now, and then he will accept your offer.

"coffee"

choptop
01-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Will sleep a couple of times on that , thanks Miles.

Elin in So. Cal.
01-08-2014, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=

My math says maybe under $20K out the door?[/QUOTE]

I paid $20G and a bit of small change to get my red Deluxe OTD in a good deal (for me, anyway) at a local dealer. Another dealer had one for $17,4G further away, and I started with that figure and worked down. We both were happy when I took the keys..batman-smilie.

ReserveBum
01-09-2014, 06:57 PM
got a verbal quote of $16285 OTD today from HOR. Said Honda started $1k discount promotion on 2013 Models

choptop
01-09-2014, 07:10 PM
got a verbal quote of $16285 OTD today from HOR. Said Honda started $1k discount promotion on 2013 Models

Sounds like a great price. I take it that was for a standard, new ?

choptop
01-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Well, $ 16,500.00 for a relatively new bike...800 miles of demo riding, still have a full 3 years unlimited mileage warranty, and the first payment is delayed for 3 months. Not bad, but if he will sell it for a flat $ 16,000.00, I say go for it. Keep in mind that if your state charges a sales tax, you are only pay tax on that lower amount, or...the difference of what you would owe if you were to trade something in. Sounds like the dealer is really wanting to sell this bike, as he knows the 2014 bikes will be delivered very soon. See if he will accept an offer for an even $ 16,000.00, and if not...walk out...and let him call you next week, or two weeks from now, and then he will accept your offer.

"coffee"

Although I did not notice , on the sale sign on the bike, that it INCLUDED the rebate, I am sure they will say it does. I called them today and asked them to put a figure together for me. My son keeps telling me to hold off a couple of months instead of having it sit in the garage for (4) months, he knows what an impulse buyer I am. lol

And HOR is a consideration, fly in, road trip back, love road trips.

ReserveBum
01-09-2014, 07:47 PM
yes that was a standard. And yes, the road trip just makes the whole purchase deal come together. Love to do that. I'm torn between this and the new CTX1300 which is $15,185 OTD for a delux. Delivery starting in March

choptop
01-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Concerning the '13 Deluxe w/800 miles for $17,500, that included the 1,000.00 rebate. So you add the 7% Mi state tax and you are at $18,500. May asked them if they can get it out the door for $17,500. , I would go for it, but

next week I am going to look at (1), Deluxe, Blk,4,200 miles, for 17,400., price is negotiable. Has factory LED OEM fog lights w/painted lowers, he claims $500.00, (2) tinted windshields, 11 and 13", not sure of manufacturer,maybe Honda because he got the fog lights from their and fender extension. Guy LOVES it but has to many toys and is willing to give this one up if it sells.

I guess I am at a quandary, yes, it would be nice to have the extra's that come w/the Deluxe, but do I really need them. Go for the Standard and add the Deluxe features, back rest, and center stand as I go along. Decisions, decisions.

jaygollner
01-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Yep. Make that ride in October? Mmmm maybe not.

I would make that ride, here in Indiana we have to make do with what we get. I picked up my bike Dec 20th and was able to put 20 miles on it a few Saturdays ago when it was in the upper forties.

bobbyf6b
01-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Concerning the '13 Deluxe w/800 miles for $17,500, that included the 1,000.00 rebate. So you add the 7% Mi state tax and you are at $18,500. May asked them if they can get it out the door for $17,500. , I would go for it, but

next week I am going to look at (1), Deluxe, Blk,4,200 miles, for 17,400., price is negotiable. Has factory LED OEM fog lights w/painted lowers, he claims $500.00, (2) tinted windshields, 11 and 13", not sure of manufacturer,maybe Honda because he got the fog lights from their and fender extension. Guy LOVES it but has to many toys and is willing to give this one up if it sells.

I guess I am at a quandary, yes, it would be nice to have the extra's that come w/the Deluxe, but do I really need them. Go for the Standard and add the Deluxe features, back rest, and center stand as I go along. Decisions, decisions.

If you want heated grips go for the deluxe. Might be a pita to add that later.

Scotrod
01-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Just to make it a bit more confusing,,, ~OTD~ price depends on who's door you're walkin out of....

True price (due to so many out of state MC purchasers, myself included) should be defined as ~OTD~ with, or without, Sales tax.

Wifes black standard was 16,885 ~OTD~,,, and when we made it back to TX, she got the opportunity to go pay her Sales tax,,,

Yeah, we knew it was coming, but no enjoys it! =-/

Sorcerer
01-13-2014, 09:44 AM
At the end of November the Hitching Post in Fridly MN. Was closing. 1 of 3 stores they have in the twin city's. They could have, may have moved it to one of there other 2 remaining stores. It was a demo red deluxe listed at 14,999. Don't know if they ever sold it. May be a price to shoot for on left over demo bikes.

choptop
01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Went to check out the private sale Deluxe w/OEM LED fog lights w/painter lowers, (2) CC Bailey dark,11/13" shields,4,600, $17,500.00
First thing was he lived a mile down a dirt road. All that means to me is paint chips but I never could have seen any because the bike was in the corner of the garage w/a cover on it and when He removed the cover the bike looked like it just came from a 600 mile ride and had not been cleaned yet. He apologized but hey, it's been on Craigs list for a couple of months, you have a big heated shed w/in 30 yards of the shop and you knew I was interested and was coming over to look at it. Unless I can talk him down a lot, I am not interested.

I like a clean bike. I have friends that very, very seldom clean their bikes. Different strokes...

choptop
01-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Went to check out the private sale Deluxe w/OEM LED fog lights w/painter lowers, (2) CC Bailey dark,11/13" shields,4,600, $17,500.00
First thing was he lived a mile down a dirt road. All that means to me is paint chips but I never could have seen any because the bike was in the corner of the garage w/a cover on it and when He removed the cover the bike looked like it just came from a 600 mile ride and had not been cleaned yet. He apologized but hey, it's been on Craigs list for a couple of months, you have a big heated shed w/in 30 yards of the shop and you knew I was interested and was coming over to look at it. Unless I can talk him down a lot, I am not interested.

I like a clean bike. I have friends that very, very seldom clean their bikes. Different strokes...

75tsiegel
01-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Will sleep a couple of times on that , thanks Miles.
Choptop,
Where are you in Wisconsin? I am from Mayville. I am looking for people to ride with when the weather permits. I don't have an F6B yet but have been looking the past year or so. I looked at two standard F6B's..one in Waukesha(black) and one in Fon du lac(red). We'll see if I can swing a second bike this year. Tom

choptop
01-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Choptop,
Where are you in Wisconsin? I am from Mayville. I am looking for people to ride with when the weather permits. I don't have an F6B yet but have been looking the past year or so. I looked at two standard F6B's..one in Waukesha(black) and one in Fon du lac(red). We'll see if I can swing a second bike this year. Tom

Born and raised in Neosho, went to Hartford High, currently up around Menomonie/ Eau Claire.

75tsiegel
01-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Born and raised in Neosho, went to Hartford High, currently up around Menomonie/ Eau Claire.

I drive through Neosho a few times per week but I don't get up in the Eau Claire area. Good luck in 2014. Look me up if you go through Mayberry this year on your new F6B..!

choptop
01-15-2014, 04:03 PM
I drive through Neosho a few times per week but I don't get up in the Eau Claire area. Good luck in 2014. Look me up if you go through Mayberry this year on your new F6B..!

Will do, get down their a couple of times a year to visit family.

Darkknight
01-16-2014, 05:38 AM
Dont trade anything in on new in Ct.
Our govenor deciced after being elected, to charge sales tax again on the vehicle if you trade it in. So you pay when you buy it the first time and again (trade in value + new vehicle purchase difference) so the full transaction amout of the new vehicle is taxed.

Some sort of redistribution of wealth I guess. Of course you can buy a new Cadilac Escalade with a CT well fare credit card!
Yeah I'm a little bitter about giving away money I work for.... so others don't have to work.

I don't B**ch as much when I can ride. The weather up here has me going through 2 wheel withdrawls. Hope to get out for a blast in the next few days so I can calm down. Snow's gone, and recent rain has washed roads pretty well. Now it they dry just a little, I go!

choptop
01-21-2014, 07:40 PM

The guy w/the used/dirty bike called today to see if I was interested, talked about my concern about bike being put up for the winter full of dead bugs on fairing, living on a dirt road, he kind of blew it off. Dealer w/the Deluxe w/800 miles for 17,500.,has been calling me, said he can do better, wants me to have it,yada,yada,yada. Called the bank today. Left message at dealer that has had standard, black on the floor since they came out, wants to much for it, offer 16,500.00 , asked to call me back, never did.

choptop
01-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Some what local bike shop has had a Black standard on the showroom floor for the last 9 months or so, stopped in a couple of times to look at it, latest being 2 weeks ago. Kind of put it in the back of my mind because I though the Deluxe would be the way to go. Ya the Deluxe extra's would be nice but I have a lift, can cancel my own signals, have done this long w/out heated grips and can put a backrest on later,g'friends gotta be kept some what happy,. I called them last week and left a message that I would give them 16,500. for it, did not hear back, didn't give my name, just left number, so I decided to stop in today. First thing salesman says is " hi Mark, sorry I didn't get back w/you ". Anyway he said, boss is ok w/16,500. ,would you split shipping w/me, 390.00 ?

So it has no miles, I want one but don't want to have to look at it for 3 - 4 months, decisions, decisions. Tomorrow I am going to call up the dealer w/the Deluxe w/800 miles and see how far down from the 17,500. they will come.

Scotrod
01-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Some what local bike shop has had a Black standard on the showroom floor for the last 9 months or so, stopped in a couple of times to look at it, latest being 2 weeks ago. Kind of put it in the back of my mind because I though the Deluxe would be the way to go. Ya the Deluxe extra's would be nice but I have a lift, can cancel my own signals, have done this long w/out heated grips and can put a backrest on later,g'friends gotta be kept some what happy,. I called them last week and left a message that I would give them 16,500. for it, did not hear back, didn't give my name, just left number, so I decided to stop in today. First thing salesman says is " hi Mark, sorry I didn't get back w/you ". Anyway he said, boss is ok w/16,500. ,would you split shipping w/me, 390.00 ?

So it has no miles, I want one but don't want to have to look at it for 3 - 4 months, decisions, decisions. Tomorrow I am going to call up the dealer w/the Deluxe w/800 miles and see how far down from the 17,500. they will come.

YES!!!!! Those mats need a home!!!! :icon_biggrin:

You can add (more) accessories before riding season!!!!! (We can help you with that!!!! :icon_biggrin: )

Standard vs Deluxe:

(I have a Standard)

A center stand can be found online for ~100~. (Highly recommended to have one)

Heated grips,,, I can see where that would be nice in WI. I'm in Houston.

Self cancelling sigs,,, I've heard that several folks are not happy with them as they cancel a little on the 'early' side.

The only thing I might have needed a Deluxe for was the b/rest,,, but not because I have a passenger,,, (Wife rides her own) Its because it makes it easier to add a rack/secure some additional luggage.

(FYI, IMHO, one of, if not THE best rack for the F6B; http://wingstuff.com/products/35354-touring-rack-for-honda-goldwing-f6b?context=luggage_racks-f6b )

IamBatmanF6B
01-22-2014, 08:45 PM

I have mine for sale with dark smoked turn signals, Honda luggage rack, 12V outlet in glovebox, Kuryakyn iso-grips, Kuryakyn floorboards and Honda Goldwing passenger floorboards along with a Bagger shield windshield. 16,000 is a better price than any of the other prices I've read in this thread. Just throwing that out there for ya!

Scotrod
01-22-2014, 10:22 PM
I have mine for sale with dark smoked turn signals, Honda luggage rack, 12V outlet in glovebox, Kuryakyn iso-grips, Kuryakyn floorboards and Honda Goldwing passenger floorboards along with a Bagger shield windshield. 16,000 is a better price than any of the other prices I've read in this thread. Just throwing that out there for ya!

Here is the thread for IAM's bike:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1571-2013-F6B-Deluxe-for-Sale

Located in Indiana.

I believe I remember Chop asking about Honda financing,,,,