PDA

View Full Version : Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, Foothills Parkway

RuneRider66
06-06-2017, 12:24 AM
I will be staying in Robbinsville NC and riding the Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon and the Foothills Parkway along with some other rides. I will be there the evening of the 15th and returning home on the 18th of June. Will any of you be in the area?

Old Ryder
06-06-2017, 02:04 PM
I am there on a motorcycle every single night!!!!!...........................(in my dreams) Enjoy!

RuneRider66
06-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Come on out, your not that far away :)

Old Ryder
06-07-2017, 07:27 AM
About 6-8 hours away depending on where your destination is located. I do make 2-3 trips a year. My buddy and I are looking at the weekend after the 4th right now. We have a friend in Asheville we stay with. On the bright side, retirement is getting closer every day.

There is no better place to live if you own a motor bike.

radi0chik
06-07-2017, 11:39 AM
the Cherohala Skyway is one of my favorite roads...big sweepers and beautiful views...the tail of the dragon not so much (it's interesting to see once but the traffic and idiots trying to prove something make it less than pleasant imo). I hope you have a great time

Jimamiah
06-09-2017, 02:08 AM
If the weather is as good as it has been it should be a great time. I'll look for you out there....

valkmc
06-09-2017, 06:59 AM
I rode up from Ocala Fl yesterday. I'm in Columbia today but I am headed to the Iron Horse campground this afternoon and plan on spending the next couple of days enjoying the roads😀😀

Casper96
06-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Enjoy...I have done this a couple times with one of my VW's. But my sons and I will be going down to ride there the week of Sept11th through the 15th.

Ayres
06-10-2017, 02:20 PM
My riding buddy and I are leaving northern California on Friday heading out for a month or more of riding across the US. For the first time we are taking the my motorhome and trailering the Gold Wings leaving the wives to do their own thing. For our 60th birthday we did the Transamerica Trail, now getting closer to number 70 we are going to park the bus and do day rides. We should be in North Carolina for the 4th. Any big celebrations we should attend? We are going to attend an Ercoupe airplane rally near Nashville the week before.

Old Ryder
06-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Blue Ridge Parkway is always a nice ride and should not be missed. You really need to visit Wheels Thru Time in Maggie Valley.

valkmc
06-11-2017, 07:32 PM
I will be staying in Robbinsville NC and riding the Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon and the Foothills Parkway along with some other rides. I will be there the evening of the 15th and returning home on the 18th of June. Will any of you be in the area?
If you haven't tried it look for Wayah road and give it a try. I liked it and did not see one car and only a few bikes on it yesterday. I rode down 28 from Bryson City, picked up Wayah road in Franklin, to 74 and back to 28. Also got on 215 and 281 off the BRP south of Maggie Valley and it was a lot of fun also.

Have fun I sure did!