PDA

View Full Version : F6B with Cruise Control?

dezzertrider
06-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Hello there,

I don't have an F6B, but I'm interested in getting one. I won't get one unless it has the factory cruise control. What model year did Honda add cruise control?

JGF6B
06-11-2017, 03:41 PM
2015 and up = cruise.
2013 + 2014 = no cruise.

VStarRider
06-13-2017, 05:15 PM
I don't blame you. I saved $3,000 going with a 2013 Standard vs. a 2015 Deluxe. This means no cruise for me. Still not sure if that was the right decision, though it certainly meant getting access to a bike I may not have been able to afford without going for the '13.

Fingerz
06-13-2017, 06:12 PM
I have found the factory cruise control to be well worth it to me. Good luck in your search.

opas ride
06-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Cruise control is okay for some that travel long times on the Super-slab...I had cruise on two of my previous bikes and never used it....I just change throttle speeds or take a break. As it comes on most larger touring/cruiser bikes these days it has almost become a "moot point"......JMHO

dezzertrider
06-13-2017, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the info. I suspect that if a smoking deal came along on a black 13, I just might have to forget about the cruise. I agree that any new bike that is advertised as a long distance touring machine is expected to have cruise control as standard equipment. I guess the same would be true for ABS. The Canadian and Euro versions of the F6B have ABS, not sure why they eliminated that on the US versions. I guess to keep the costs down. They are balancing costs with features.

wjduke
06-14-2017, 07:54 AM
I have it on my 15 and rarely use it. I like to be in control. I find it annoying to be honest. Yes, on long trips, it comes in handy for some relief. That's all I use it for. Same for my highway pegs...rarely used.

opas ride
06-14-2017, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the info. I suspect that if a smoking deal came along on a black 13, I just might have to forget about the cruise. I agree that any new bike that is advertised as a long distance touring machine is expected to have cruise control as standard equipment. I guess the same would be true for ABS. The Canadian and Euro versions of the F6B have ABS, not sure why they eliminated that on the US versions. I guess to keep the costs down. They are balancing costs with features.

I don't think that the F6B was ever advertised as a long distance tourer...Goldwing has that honor....Most articles I have seen/read refer to the F6B as a kind of mini-GW, lighter, more nimble, and a little faster for shorter rides and easier to handle around town etc...I know many take longer trips on the thing and Honda finally gave into the demands for Cruise control on later models, but for me I am just fine and see no need for it....Ride safe....ABS brakes are nice also, but Honda's linked-brake system works just fine on the F6B and stops my ride just right.....JMHO

shortleg0521
06-14-2017, 02:05 PM
I don't think that the F6B was ever advertised as a long distance tourer...Goldwing has that honor....Most articles I have seen/read refer to the F6B as a kind of mini-GW, lighter, more nimble, and a little faster for shorter rides and easier to handle around town etc...I know many take longer trips on the thing and Honda finally gave into the demands for Cruise control on later models, but for me I am just fine and see no need for it....Ride safe....ABS brakes are nice also, but Honda's linked-brake system works just fine on the F6B and stops my ride just right.....JMHO

I beg to differ with those that think this is not a long distance bike.
Have done some mighty long trips on mine of 2K miles and more.

Elroy
06-14-2017, 02:15 PM

Agreed. 5K mile out-west trip last year, and a 2.5K mile trip a few weeks ago. Certainly suits my needs for long-distance.

Key word in the previous post may have been "advertised" though.

opas ride
06-14-2017, 02:32 PM

Correct in the post by me...I never intended to start a controversy on opinions...I merely stated that the F6B was never "advertised" as a long distance touring bike...Hell I know guys that have ridden old Honda 350's several thousand miles across the country...Do with yours what you wish as the F6B is a great bike in almost all regards!!....Ride safe

STRaider
06-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Cruise control is okay for some that travel long times on the Super-slab...I had cruise on two of my previous bikes and never used it....I just change throttle speeds or take a break. As it comes on most larger touring/cruiser bikes these days it has almost become a "moot point"......JMHO

I put one of these on, works well. As nice as the cruise would be, I don't think I 'm willing (yet) to pay the difference it would take to upgrade from my 2013. I wish it had been available the first year.

dezzertrider
06-15-2017, 09:21 PM
I guess "advertised" was the wrong term, but when you have a bike with a 1832 cc six, saddlebags, huge fairing, audio etc.. it sure is a touring bike advertised or not. It would be a shame to only ride an F6B just around town.

53driver
06-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Cycle World (or somebody published reviewing the bike) designated the F6B as a "heavy cruiser."
I'm down with that!

Cheers,
Steve

Jimmytee
06-16-2017, 04:46 PM
I thought it was a weird omission in this day and age, to leave off the cruise control for the 13 and 14 models. Obviously , Honda realized the mistake by including it afterwards. However, I knew the bike didn't have it and personally really wasn't an issue for me. I've never had a bike with it. Both my Valkyries were without it and all my previous bikes did not have it. Between the throttle boss on the Kury grips , I just never have any fatigue in my wrist. The Helibars probably help here too. The majority of my riding is back twisty roads where cruise just doesn't work. Or I am riding with others and the same thing. I am sure , if I had it , I'd soon miss it if I didn't have it on the occasions I hit the interstate.

stoll413
06-17-2017, 01:44 AM
I don't blame you. I saved $3,000 going with a 2013 Standard vs. a 2015 Deluxe. This means no cruise for me. Still not sure if that was the right decision, though it certainly meant getting access to a bike I may not have been able to afford without going for the '13.

With the $3000 you saved go ahead and get the --------. I have it on my 13 B and it Performs Very Very Well. It is also Mounted on the Left side which is an Advantage. Total cost for Product ans Install was about $1200. But worth every Penny.

Brewdog
06-17-2017, 06:43 AM
My 2015 has cruise and I do like it. It's important for you to know that the Honda cruise is a little weird as compared to the Harley cruise control. Harley cruise is like your car's cruise control. Works perfectly. Very accurate. The Honda version searches, when I activate the cruise, the speed with drop 2-3 mph then begin to move toward the set speed. I had the dealer adjust it to where it is today. When I picked it up, it was off 5-6mph and even the dealer said it was poorly adjusted and made the bike hard to ride. If you don't have to have that feature, there are some amazing deals out there. Like you, I must have this feature because I do a lot of interstate highway riding. The B is the amazing.

F6B1911
06-17-2017, 05:57 PM
Hello there, I don't have an F6B, but I'm interested in getting one. I won't get one unless it has the factory cruise control. What model year did Honda add cruise control?

Not sure I would put so much weight on one "option." I use the Kaoko Throttle Lock, and couldn't be happier.

VStarRider
06-17-2017, 09:42 PM
Not sure I would put so much weight on one "option." I use the Kaoko Throttle Lock, and couldn't be happier.

Considering I do mostly state and county highway riding, I probably don't need it either most of the time (cruise). I just need what you have. I have seen it on WingStuff, just gotta pull the trigger.

tiltingf6b
06-18-2017, 02:18 PM
2015 and up = cruise.
2013 + 2014 = no cruise.

I thought the cruise was a feature of the DELUXE model F6B's ???:no::yes:

BIGLRY
06-18-2017, 02:45 PM
I thought the cruise was a feature of the DELUXE model F6B's ???:no::yes:Not on 2013/2014 F6B deluxe.

tiltingf6b
06-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Not on 2013/2014 F6B deluxe.

THANK YOU BIGLRY.notworthy.

98valk
06-19-2017, 12:37 PM
My 2015 has cruise and I do like it. It's important for you to know that the Honda cruise is a little weird as compared to the Harley cruise control. Harley cruise is like your car's cruise control. Works perfectly. Very accurate. The Honda version searches, when I activate the cruise, the speed with drop 2-3 mph then begin to move toward the set speed. I had the dealer adjust it to where it is today. When I picked it up, it was off 5-6mph and even the dealer said it was poorly adjusted and made the bike hard to ride. If you don't have to have that feature, there are some amazing deals out there. Like you, I must have this feature because I do a lot of interstate highway riding. The B is the amazing.

I am surprised that no one else has responded to this. I have read, though the cruise is often not adjusted properly from the factory, once properly adjusted, it works great.

I encourage you to do some more searching on this and get your cruise working the way it should. :yes:

BIGLRY
06-19-2017, 12:55 PM
I am surprised that no one else has responded to this. I have read, though the cruise is often not adjusted properly from the factory, once properly adjusted, it works great.

I encourage you to do some more searching on this and get your cruise working the way it should. :yes:

+1

wjduke
06-19-2017, 12:59 PM
check this thread.....
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2757-Excessive-play-in-throttle-control&highlight=adjust+cruise

Mine lags too....just too lazy

Xrider57
07-02-2017, 04:42 PM
check this thread.....
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2757-Excessive-play-in-throttle-control&highlight=adjust+cruise

Mine lags too....just too lazy

I have. 2015 and the cruise works fine. It does lag for a second or two before it kicks in but so does my truck and every othe car or truck I have had. I use cruise a lot when applicable just like I do when driving my truck. I had it on an older goldwing then not on my last two cruisers. For me it is nice to have especially on the interstate.

carreramia
07-18-2017, 05:47 PM
I thought the cruise was a feature of the DELUXE model F6B's ???:no::yes:

I'm late on this thread but I recently returned from a 2k mile trip to the Blue Ridge and used cruise extensively on my 2016 Deluxe F6B.....the way I learned to avoid the annoying drop in speed after setting the cruise is to immediately hit the "resume/accel" button and in every case the speed held where I set it....I specifically went after the Deluxe model for its added features when I bought it this year. The heated grips, the turn signal reset and cruise make a huge difference to me. The center stand is a bear to use, for me. I haven't mastered the technique and I'm afraid honestly to try it and drop the bike over. The auto reset on the turn signals is very important, it's as much safety as it is operational. If the turn signal remains on oncoming traffic may turn right infront of you. The cruise is invaluable in the long straights we have here in the back roads of SW Florida and the few times we hit the interstate.