PDA

View Full Version : Stock Seat Questions

RuneRider66
06-11-2017, 07:12 PM
So, I bought my 2013 F6B with 120 miles on it from the original owner. He rode it the 120 miles then had a health crisis. He never made any modifications to the bike. I have never had the seat off until today. Under the seat where the 4 bolts are....there are black rubber pieces that the long silver metal tubes go in...then the bolts go in through the seat and into the metal tubes before catching the threads and snugging tight. Right? Well when I took the seat off....there was only a black rubber piece in one of the holes in the seat....the other 3 only had a circle area in the molded bottom of the seat for the silver metal tubes to sit in. I was wondering if this was normal or do all of you have the black rubber pieces where the 4 silver metal pieces go (holding them in the center of the hole and matching up to the threaded anchor?

LOL, wow I hope you can understand that description. Just wondering what your feedback was. I know I know, buy a new seat from Ultimate huh?

Thanks in Advance

Travelor
06-12-2017, 07:06 AM
So, I bought my 2013 F6B with 120 miles on it from the original owner. He rode it the 120 miles then had a health crisis. He never made any modifications to the bike. I have never had the seat off until today. Under the seat where the 4 bolts are....there are black rubber pieces that the long silver metal tubes go in...then the bolts go in through the seat and into the metal tubes before catching the threads and snugging tight. Right? Well when I took the seat off....there was only a black rubber piece in one of the holes in the seat....the other 3 only had a circle area in the molded bottom of the seat for the silver metal tubes to sit in. I was wondering if this was normal or do all of you have the black rubber pieces where the 4 silver metal pieces go (holding them in the center of the hole and matching up to the threaded anchor?

LOL, wow I hope you can understand that description. Just wondering what your feedback was. I know I know, buy a new seat from Ultimate huh?

Thanks in Advance

All 4.

BIGLRY
06-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Here is pic of everything and as you can see there should be four rubbers(9) and four steel insert sleeves two short rear(28) and two long front(29).
http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image37677.jpg

RuneRider66
06-12-2017, 07:05 PM
If I were to buy a new Ultimate seat I would not need those rubber sleeves CORRECT??

BIGLRY
06-12-2017, 08:57 PM
If I were to buy a new Ultimate seat I would not need those rubber sleeves CORRECT??I can't answer that since the only Ultimate seats I have are for my Runes and VTX1800 and they are different. I ride a custom RDL on my F6B and it uses the OEM seat pan so it does use the rubbers and sleeves.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will post the answer.

RuneRider66
06-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Someone with an ultimate seat? Can you help me out?

bobo
06-13-2017, 08:22 AM
I have an ultimate seat and did not have to use the inserts form the original seat. the ultimate will bolt right up. hope this helps.

P.Sutton
06-13-2017, 12:45 PM
I have an ultimate seat and did not have to use the inserts form the original seat. the ultimate will bolt right up. hope this helps.

Same here. You can't go wrong with ultimate. A great seat and excellent customer service.

RuneRider66
06-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Thank you guys, I have the ultimate on the Rune and love it....so will try the Ultimate on the B too. I am glad I don't need the additional parts.

Thank you all

Russel