PDA

View Full Version : Best price progressive mono tube cartridges

jeffedose
06-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Anyone know of better pricing for progressive monotubes. I have found 349.00 as best price. Thanks.

Rickc
06-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Just paid $329.99 from WingStuff.

jeffedose
06-12-2017, 03:35 PM
thanks rick just ordered mine

olegoat345
06-14-2017, 02:52 PM
What I know about shocks & forks could be written on the head of a pin.
SO what's the difference between the Honda OEM tube cartridges & the progressive cartridges?
I assume mine are OEM & they seem to be working fine. What would I see w/ progressive?
Looking forward to learning about them.

Jimmytee
06-14-2017, 07:01 PM
What I know about shocks & forks could be written on the head of a pin.
SO what's the difference between the Honda OEM tube cartridges & the progressive cartridges?
I assume mine are OEM & they seem to be working fine. What would I see w/ progressive?
Looking forward to learning about them.

The OEM only has a cartridge or dampening rod in one side. The other side is literally not much more than a spring and fork oil.

Improved ride and control, with a firmer spring rate than stock. Basically the front wheel stays more planted over rough roads.

53driver
06-14-2017, 07:04 PM
The OEM only has a cartridge or dampening rod in one side. The other side is literally not much more than a spring and fork oil.

Improved ride and control, with a firmer spring rate than stock. Basically the front wheel stays more planted over rough roads.

...or under severe duress. :icon_mrgreen:

Jimmytee
06-14-2017, 07:21 PM
...or under severe duress. :icon_mrgreen:

:shhh:

Circle-5
06-14-2017, 09:57 PM
Will the Progressive monotubes keep the F6B from dropping a couple inches just by sitting on it? Also, will it be harder to bottom out the fork on potholes and other infrastructure deficiencies? Those two improvements would be well worth the upgrade for me ... I figure on about $700 ($350 + California sales tax + $325 install).

Jimmytee
06-15-2017, 05:03 AM
Will the Progressive monotubes keep the F6B from dropping a couple inches just by sitting on it? Also, will it be harder to bottom out the fork on potholes and other infrastructure deficiencies? Those two improvements would be well worth the upgrade for me ... I figure on about $700 ($350 + California sales tax + $325 install).

I have not really compared the fork sag before and after. One of my reasons for the upgrade was to help maintain some more cornering clearance when pushing the bike a little in the twisties. I also upgraded my rear suspension with an Arnott air ride system. Between the 2 , I definitely have accomplished that goal.

As far as rough roads, I do believe the forks handle this stuff better and the front wheel feels more firmly planted across such stuff. Keeping your tire on the road, of course, is very important for traction. I will also comment that it seems the front end has got even better after some miles ridden on it with the new Progressive Monotubes. Almost like there is a little break in period. :icon_wink:

Circle-5
06-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Good info. Thank you Jimmytee.