PDA

View Full Version : Any actual changes to 2016 Goldwing?

Redlinez
06-12-2017, 01:12 PM
I'm thinking hard about trading for a full Wing just for my wife (usual answer right?). I have a 15 B. It looks like I gain ABS, TPMS, heated seats, grips, foot warmers, adjustable windshield, reverse, rear trunk/audio, and passenger footboards, electrically controlled rear shock remote. I've heard they made some revisions to the front forks, but wasn't sure. This is what the website says:
Improved Ride Quality
Suspension settings revised through repeated testing and your feedback are a part of the reason your Gold Wing offers handling that can put many a sportbike to shame. Gold Wings have always offered the best overall handling of any touring machine, but these settings really improve things when you decide to dial it up a notch

Read more at http://powersports.honda.com/2016/gold-wing/innovations/xm.aspx#sAUOyy5C2Vds6J7s.99

Steve 0080
06-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Honda did improve the wing's front shocks in 2012...I think... IHO they still need a stiffer spring. This is easy to do...pull the caps off the top, remove stock springs and drop in Progressive springs and put the caps back on...done...much better for about $125...

You only get ABS if you buy that model and there is no longer an air bag model!

Redlinez
06-12-2017, 07:30 PM
I had heard they "upgraded" the front forks for 16, wonder if their site has had that quote for years. Thanks for the help.

Redlinez
06-13-2017, 12:00 PM
They offered me a very fair deal, but my wife decided we don't ride enough to justify the increase in payment and starting over in payments. Looks like I'm gonna find some passenger Wing footboards, backrest bracket, and a windshield soon. I also like the style of the Ultra Classic/Goldwing seat better. Relieves the pressure on my broken tailbone, so I may have to really look at seats. Also gonna look at Progressive front springs or monotubes and a Progressive rear spring. Those things should really transform this bike. I already know I love the looks better than the full Wing.