PDA

View Full Version : 2013 F6B Exhaust Rot?

UTurn
06-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Bought my F6B when they first came out in 2013. I've got about 26k miles on it now, and I've got a rot hole in my left-side exhaust pipe. Talked to my local dealer about it, who told me he contacted his Honda Rep. I just got word from him yesterday that apparently Honda thinks this is "cosmetic" and not a defect, and will not cover under the extended warranty I bought. Anyone else have similar issues? I took a pic but cant seem to get it to upload.

F6B1911
06-23-2017, 12:19 PM
Bought my F6B when they first came out in 2013. I've got about 26k miles on it now, and I've got a rot hole in my left-side exhaust pipe. Talked to my local dealer about it, who told me he contacted his Honda Rep. I just got word from him yesterday that apparently Honda thinks this is "cosmetic" and not a defect, and will not cover under the extended warranty I bought. Anyone else have similar issues? I took a pic but cant seem to get it to upload.

Cosmetic?? That's a terrible reply, Honda seems to be failing with customer support. ...And sound like a lousy chrome job too.
On the other hand, do your roads get salted? Do you keep your bike clean? Store it in a humid environment?
Don't worry about uploading PICs, they're going to have this fixed over the weekend.

opas ride
06-23-2017, 12:35 PM
I put Cobra pipes on my F6B when I bought it in late September of 2013 and took off the stock pipes. But, after I put the Cobra's on I noticed a small bit of rust forming around the clamps where the mufflers connect to the stock header pipes..Was advised to drill a small hole, using a 3/16" bit, underneath the pipe where the fitting was...Did so and no issues since....As said earlier, are you riding on salted roads, storing bike in damp/humid conditions, not getting pipes hot enough,(short rides only), not keeping them clean,etc.?? All these issues might cause this problem as I have not seen/heard of it before your post....Honda's response is terrible and I would keep on their case until you resolve this issue...Regards and ride safe

wjduke
06-23-2017, 12:49 PM
Cosmetic?? That's a terrible reply, Honda seems to be failing with customer support. ...And sound like a lousy chrome job too.
On the other hand, do your roads get salted? Do you keep your bike clean? Store it in a humid environment?
Don't worry about uploading PICs, they're going to have this fixed over the weekend.

Thanks for the chuckle at the end...

53driver
06-23-2017, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the chuckle at the end...

Shoot, I thought he knew something I didn't.....